It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how about a McMaggot sandwich???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   
www.sacbee.com... y/7279460p-8224161c.html

A Sacramento couple who allegedly discovered maggots wriggling on their Sausage McMuffins with Egg last summer after biting into the breakfast sandwiches have sued McDonald's Corp. for medical costs and emotional damages.
Ta Van Le bought four McMuffins at the McDonald's at 4731 Mack Road July 28, 2002, and brought them to his nearby apartment to eat with his wife, according to attorney Robert Lee, who has filed a civil claim in Sacramento Superior Court on behalf of the couple.

Le and his wife, Huyen Ta, ate two of the sandwiches before discovering fly larvae covering the sausage patty on the remaining two, said their attorney, who has had the frozen McMuffins in his office freezer for the past year.

this is disgusting....just one more reason while i wont eat mcdonalds again....

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 07:54 AM
link   
if people knew how supermarket meat, mince is dyed red with crushed up beatles, and has chemicals in it because it contains cow intestines that have not had the theases removed maybe they wouldnt eat meat...

its frightening what is in mass produced food...

its full of crap.... unfortunatly it tastes nice... and is cheaper than preparing your own...

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 08:51 AM
link   
You deserve that (and more) for eating at mcdonalds.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I've heard that there is more Chicken in a Chocolate milkshake than there is in some Chicken Nuggets. Apparently, Chicken Nuggets contain all the crap parts of the chicken, like ligaments and feet. TheFiresOfHeaven knows more about this than I do though.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 08:55 AM
link   
ok well i have a question....how can anyone handling the food NOT see maggots on it?

anyone who pays ANY attention to what they are doing would see MAGGOTS on the food they were handling.

so this leads to another question, if the workers were this inept....what else did they serve that people ate unaware of what they might have been eating? i consider this contamination of other foods to be quite honest.

i also question that someone would pay so little attention to their job that they wouldnt notice this.

i think this was done on purpose, by either the employees or those now suing mcdonalds. i find it hard to believe this was purely an "accident".

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:00 AM
link   
i know a few chefs and i have worked as one, trust me food gets droped on the floor and goes back on the plate all the time in pretty much most resturants, when its busy for sure, when its quiet sometimes the dish is remade, but only sometimes, now ive never seen it but ive heard from other chefs, about people spitting, pissing and picking there nose..and putting it in the food

and also standing on food...

now im not saying this goes on in all resturants im saying it does go on.. even in fairly expensive ones... so god knows what happens in fast food joints...

the best resterants you can go in are ones where you can see the food being made....

[Edited on 28-8-2003 by The Blade Runner]

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner

the best resterants you can go in are ones where you can see the food being made....

like subway? its about as open as it gets wqhen it comes to "fast food" although subway doesnt cosider itself to be fast food.

i worked for subway YEARS ago, pretty clean operation, at least the one i worked in. all food that hit the floor went into a trash can but we didnt drop food all that often either.

but i cook at home now ALL the time so i'm not concerned about who is cooking/preparing my food. but where i get it from and how THEY handle it....thats another matter all together.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:08 AM
link   
im not trying to make people parranoid, but alot of stuff does go on, you cant beat growing your own fruit and veg... baking your own bread and producing your own meat....

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner
im not trying to make people parranoid, but alot of stuff does go on, you cant beat growing your own fruit and veg... baking your own bread and producing your own meat....

well i'm not paranoid. i works in a couple restaurants before and they EMPHASISED and stress the need to THOROUGHLY wash and clean all fruits and vegetables.... they stressed how proper preperation of the food was important. apparently i worked at really good places because i never saw the behavior you've talked about except once and that was expected, it was a hole in the wall joint and it was my first job and i stopped eating the food after i saw someone picked up a picked of breaded veal off the floor and proceed to throw it into a frier. yuk. i dont give a damn if the temp was hot enough to destroy ebola, just seeing it made me sick.

but no there is nothing like growing your own vegetables and fruits and making your own bread and such. most of us cant do that though and we have to go to grocery stores and take out chances. it sucks but at least i am aware of whats out there, i dont think most do.

IF i had the ability to i would grow my own crops and can and jar my own food and make my own bread and raise my own cattle and chickens and other livestock. FORTUNATELY i still live in a small enough city that has "farmer markets" through out the city during the spring and summer where local farmer sell their produce. some of it being all organic!! but i know not everyone is so lucky to have access to such markets.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Not that I am a fan of McDonalds, I'm not. But, I am somewhat familiar with the lengths they go to to produce a quality (ahem!) product. Seeing that there were two sandwiches infested, leads me to think that, possibly, (call me a conspiracy theorist),
the sandwiches may have had a bit of post McDonalds help.

Oops, no, customers would never do that to get a little money, or a few free meal certificates.

BTW, the foulest thing I ever placed in my piehole was a chicken mcnugget. Never again! After 25 or 30 years I still remember the taste.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Bah...what's the alternative? Don't eat...???

You think it's any better with fruits and vegetables??? No, it isn't. Suck it up, be a man, and eat you damned food!

Hotdogs=lips and assholes....

Chicken McNuggets=beaks, feet, and innards....

Want nuggets?, go to Wendys, Burger King, or Chik Fil A...

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 10:51 AM
link   
... Well have you heard the story of a women getting a certain STD from a certain burger from a certain fast-food restaurant. Kinda makes you sick doesn't it.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Subway is not to be trusted either. I bit in to a sandwich in SLC and found two LIVE Box Elder bugs.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kukla
Subway is not to be trusted either. I bit in to a sandwich in SLC and found two LIVE Box Elder bugs.

LOL WTF do those look like??????

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrEisenhower
... Well have you heard the story of a women getting a certain STD from a certain burger from a certain fast-food restaurant. Kinda makes you sick doesn't it.

need i say more... i have been told alot of stuff goes on that i dont want to repeat.. i havent seen any of it otherwise i woulda went spare...

i have seen food been droped and put back on the plate ect ect, thats about the worst i seen...

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
IF i had the ability to i would grow my own crops and can and jar my own food and make my own bread and raise my own cattle and chickens and other livestock. FORTUNATELY i still live in a small enough city that has "farmer markets" through out the city during the spring and summer where local farmer sell their produce. some of it being all organic!! but i know not everyone is so lucky to have access to such markets.

yeah im not saying i grow my own, my granparrent grow alot of there own stuff, its very nice...

yeah most of my fruit and veg comes from markets...

meat from supermarket unfortunately...

if i had enough money id run my own farm, but ohh well ...

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrEisenhower

locally i've heard about people beating off into peoples burgers and such. usually such practice is reserved for those who go overboard with their complaints and feel they have the right to villify everyone within earshot and harangue the manager until they remember a cowering crying baby curled up in a fetus position.

of course i still dont agree if this is actually being done (i think its an urban legand)

ive heard more stories than things ive actually seen and i've only seen ONE thing but i'm sure there was things i missed too.

blade runner. yeah if i could have my own farm i'd be feeding myself with what i grew and raised. i'd really like to live a self supporting life that, nothing but hard work, not this 9-5 crap working at a job for money and then going out and buying questionable foods from people you dont even know...

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
What, you think that little buggies don't crawl into vegetables and fruits, and lay eggs, just because YOU grew them??? Sorry...

There is no avoiding it...all food is gross... Shattup and eat your peas boy!

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
ive heard more stories than things ive actually seen and i've only seen ONE thing but i'm sure there was things i missed too.

yeah, i think alot of what you hear is probably aload of bull#, but i know for certain that spitting and droping food happens...

i know chefs that have spat in food...

nobody has ever done anything other than drop food while ive been there, but when food was dropped it was allways superiors, so i never said anything...

infact i am out of order maybe i should of said something....

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
What, you think that little buggies don't crawl into vegetables and fruits, and lay eggs, just because YOU grew them??? Sorry...

There is no avoiding it...all food is gross... Shattup and eat your peas boy!

those arent peas! those are pill bugs!! lol

blade agreed i think its just hogwash and its just spitting and nose blowing stuff. (saw that on TV, nasty! he made the dish dance, he put a little boogie in it! bwahahahahahaha!!!)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join