It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me about your Cat

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
He is about 28 pounds and is part bobcat [father] and Minx [mother].
Has a head as big as a softball.

Good house cat that fetches, sits, and dreams of being a dog.

Oh, and eats anything and everything including lamp cords.

seekerof

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
So many lovely wonderful pictures of cats. They made me smile. I am sorry to say I don't have a cat anymore. But I do have a poem I wrote for my darling Leo who has now gone on to a better place. My intent is not to bring you all down but to share with you my love for cats. Please be warned this is a sad little cat poem.

My cat
sad fluff
abandoned
by the branches
despair on our blue faces
weeping
tender little one with claws
that love us
deeply
will you romp in eternal
white snow?
chasing bird shadows
and endless yellow sunshine

I'm told that in heaven you
dine off shiny silver platters
heaped and heaped
with steak and gravy
but how will they know
when you do your
hungry dance?

Wish to pet your silky
cream and tawny coat
once more
The skinny black pants I wore
hair covered
MAD
your funny face
ashamed
head bowed, nose twitching
indifferent
to my fashion sense

As a kitten
you never let us hold you
impatient with affection
and all the other
symptoms of
abused and troubled cats

"They had kicked you",
said my mother
who still wears your marks
on her hands and heart

Leo
happy
silly
unaffectionate
little cat
I should never have
left you outside

Cruel cold night
that took you
leaving us
with a surprised look
on your face
curled like a baby
in eternal sleep
instantly burned my eyes
that like yours
so sad watched
helpless

Leo
I need never
run to the
corner store
for tuna anymore

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
That is very sad Nickelbee... it's good that you can write about your sorrow, to put your memories and grief into a form that should help ease the pain you so obviously feel about your loss.

I'm looking around to see if anyone has lost the pretty boy Floyd who has made himself right at home here. I put up notices in the post office and village store where to find him and then called Orphans of the Storm. The Orphans lady will run a Lost and Found Ad in the paper next week and if no one calls, she'll send me a certificate (for $50) to have him neutered and shots up to date.

Here's another picture of my darling Misty, they really like the tops of cars for some reason. Guess it's so they have a vantage point of surveying their kingdoms?

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
GOOD LORD!! Lysergic! Your cat is a criminal!

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Thought you'd like to see what Tweedle-dumb and -Dumber are up to lately.
This is where we caught Tweedle-dumb sleeping the other night.

Yes, that's a rocking chair.

And this was tonight.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I have 2 cats, one is Max Cavaliero(after sepultura lead singer) and Smokes- He came with that name. I saved them both from rescues.

I don't have any pics of them, because they are camera shy, and they usually are on top of the lens blocking all sense that it actually is a cat in the pic, I think they do it on purpose. Max is a black and white tuxedo, built like a siamese. He has very long legs, tail and ears, his eyes look like he's on a permanent acid trip. He thinks he's a dog, he plays fetch with milk top rings(actually brings it over and drops it repeatedly on my feet.), Growls and runs to the door when someone knocks,and his favorite pastime activity-besides eating my bamboo plant, and spider plants, is destroying my mini blinds.
I have gone through FIVE sets in one year.

He'll take a running leap at them from on top of the entertainment center, and with a death kitty style run(you know the look, they flatten their ears puff out their tails, and run 100 mph across the room) he jumps onto them as high as he can. He likes to dangle from there until he falls, or the blind snaps in half.His legs are dangling down and hes holding on with his front legs and head. It has kept me wide awake most nights.

I have also seen him jump up and karate kick my vcr on with his hind leg.

Smokes on the other hand is a grey and white tuxedo, he was a neglect case, and he has a very sinister looking mask on his face, He constantly looks mad... I guess from poor nutrition in his earlier days(he was only fed gravy, and left outside so hes missing most of his little teeth and molars) He has very stunted legs and a tail. He's about 15 lbs now, but he has the tail and legs of a dachshund. Maybe he's mad because he has such short legs!
I will try to post pics, they are too cool! I adore my babies, and I wouldn't trade them for the world

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I have 6 cats, (down from 11) and I'll be posting pics shortly. As soon as I can get ok pictures of each one. Which is pretty hard, I'm only missing 2.

In order of age:

Annabelle, Brinny, White Socks, Claws, George, Bro.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Do You sing to your cat?

Do you ever come home to your cat practicing a religious faith contrary to your own?

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Godzilla1985
GOOD LORD!! Lysergic! Your cat is a criminal!

but i still

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I no longer have a cat, but I have had many in the past. It just so happens that I posted a piece about a couple of my favorite ones to my blog tonight and I will share that with you here, plus some musing about cats in general from another author.

I like cats. I always have. I think it's their aloofness that does it for me. They live with you, but not for you. They are dependent only so far as you make them dependent. I once had a very large orange tomcat named Virgil. One night while I was struggling with a seemingly endless assignment of algebra problems, Virgil went to his bowl and meowed and then sitting on his haunches, looked up at me and meowed and finally stretched up, putting a paw on my thigh and meowed again. I couldn't be bothered and he went on about his business. Eventually after trying to get my attention several times, I looked up and there was Virgil, standing in the open door with a very large mouse in his mouth.

"Virgil!" I yelled and he took off into the night.

I got up immediately and prepared Virgil's meal of dry cat food mixed with canned cat food, some warm water and a healthy dose of brewer's yeast. No sooner than I had it all mixed up, Virgil was there rubbing up against my legs in anticipation of his meal. I don't think he really wanted the mouse, at all. He was just making a point.

The article below says that you will never see a cat chasing a stick, but another of my cats, Ella, would chase a knotted up old sock and bring it back to me every time. Ella was the offspring of Stella who was the strangest cat I ever owned and was probably psychotic, but that's a story for another time. Click the link below to some musings on cats.

www.bestofneworleans.com...

spaces.msn.com...

[edit on 2005/10/6 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Here is one of my cats.

Her name is kitty.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
Here is one of my cats.

Her name is kitty.

Where are your other cats?

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I love my cat, as I do all cats. She is a tabby and very affectionate but when she does not want to be bothered she will meow a few times and look at you’re hand. If you touch her again, she will scratch or bite…………..lol.

I will get a picture of her when I can; she is a cutie (I think).

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join