It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me about your Cat

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Aww im so happy for you!!!!!!!!!

Im so glad you got good news from the vet, I have been thinking about your cat and wishing it well,

Really nice to see someone who loves there kitty as much as i love mine lol,

Give your cat a big hug from me

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Sing to your cat, sing a song of love to your cat. But not like that disgusting South Park PETA Episode.

When I drive around the neighborhood. I see a cat or two, I will stop and stare at the cat for like a minute and we will be both looking at eachother.

There was a cat that was staring back and hissing silently. Then I flipped it off and mouthed a cuss word and he hissed loudly and trotted off.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
My cat has a great sense of humour..
I told him the one about the 3 blind mice...Thats as far as I got..

3 MICE? and they were BLIND!??!
Then he laffed

[edit on 7-9-2005 by spacedoubt]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
WOW! What a GORGEOUS cat!

Redize that's great news about your kitty! I'm so happy to hear that.

We had a kitty several years ago that liked to sleep in the dryer on the warm towels. So one day my mother goes in, slams the door, and turns it on to fluff the towels. As she's walking away she hears what she assumes is a pair of shoes that someone put in there to dry.

About 10 minutes later my brother comes home and says "Where's Rusty?" to which my mother says "In the.....DRYER!!!!" So we rush to get him out, he goes staggering down the hall, his big beautiful tail dragging on the floor behind him, looking like he's drunk. He finally flops to the floor in the living room, and lays there panting, so we call the vet, and they tell us to get him there immediately. So my mother rushes over there, runs into the waiting room, which is standing room only, as the receptionist says very loudly "Are you the one whos cat was in the dryer?" My mother said there was an audible noise as the air was displaced as every head snapped around to glare at her.

He spent the night in the vets office getting rehydrated, and made a full recovery. Funny thing was, two years later, he was back in the dryer.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
WOW! What a GORGEOUS cat!

You talking about my cat?
Thats Pauley, about 11 years old now.
I'm not going to tell him what you said..He's an egomaniac, as it is..

Thats quite a story about the dryer. Good thing you discovered it in time..
Our cats like the dryer too..We've taken to smacking the dryer 2 or three times before turning it on..Seems to work, so far..

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Had a cat do that to, but never did that! Or the one with epilepsy, he would just, IDK, be different. Stared at light switches for hours. Or just sits on a windowsill then falls off for no reason. But h died at age of 14.

Or one, he was a house cat, then got outside, so was both, then he just stayed outside. Huge cat, a good 22lbs with no fat. Still see him everynow and then, and now you have another cat with 4 little versions of Moosie.(the cat that became wild) Have food/water out everyday for them, even get to pet Moosie when he is distracted by food. But try to get him in..... One bloody saturday with claw marks and teeth marks and a torn up shirt was enough.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Our smaller cat hallucinates. She'll sit there staring at the floor of the wall like there's a bug there for several minutes before she looks around and walks off.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
One day, my wife of the era and I went to pick up a cat from the Cat Protection Society.

It was a Russian Blue, a fine specimen, aloof yet friendly to well-intentioned visitors that it got to know. We took it home.

After a weekend of bizarre feline behavior, the highlight being the act of defacation in the kitchen sink, we determined the cat was telling us something was wrong.

On Monday, we received a call from the Vet's office saying that by clerical error we had managed to take home the Vet's own cat.

We returned the cat on Tuesday (no further major incidents of inappropriate toileting having ensued, nor climbing of walls to ceiling level) to the relief of the vet, then took our own cat home - a doppelganger of Insane Cat, but not related.

We named the cat "McCoy" after the Real McCoy. McCoy was a well-adjusted cat who adapted immediately to his new environs, and befriended all cats in the neighborhood with the exception of one ginger tom, who had previously ruled the roost. I spoke to the ginger tom at some length one day about having good positive relations with newcomers, and these two adapted to each other somewhat begrudgingly, and would no longer chase each other under cars.

We left McCoy with a student of my ex-wife when we shifted countries. He had a good life by all reports, as cats go.

Later on in a place I sometimes call home, I had the pleasure of accommodating a couple for a few months who had migrated from the UK. As the time drew near for the release of their two cats who had been held in quarantine, they moved to their own home. The cost of transporting and quarantining their cats for the period amounted to a couple of thousand pounds.

I couldn't relate to that.

[edit on 8-9-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Sadly, my exhusband got custody of our four cats.

They're truly the only thing I really miss from the relationship (which is easy to say now, I suppose).

I'm in the market for a new kitty....my (insane) neighbour keeps dropping off her 5-week old kitten when she goes out, and he adores me....all he does is crawl on me and snuggle into my neck (doesn't matter if I'm sitting, standing, lying down. My neck is his personal snuggle spot, it seems) before purring and going to sleep.

Gah. I miss having a cat around

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
She's back!

I went down to the vets today to pick my my lil' fruitloop up. I was given penecillin and anti-inflamatory drugs for her.

She can now walk on her back legs instead of dragging herself about.
I did notice something odd about her though. Since the "accident" she seems like she has a different personality. She's not herself. I don't know, it's probably just shock from what happened.

I spoke to the vet about her injuries and was told that they weren't consistent with an RTA (road traffic accident). As Skitz is quite small the bumper of a car would have been too high to hit her. I asked her (the vet) whar could've happened then to which she replied; "it's possible that she has been kicked very hard".

I then realised that for the past few weeks there have been some little b******s that keep climbing the fences and getting into our garden.

After hearing this i've now hatched a plan. If I catch those kids in the garden again i'm going to kick them.

Anyway, she seems to be ok for now and with a months rest she should be totally fine.

Skitz sporting the new IN accessory: hospital bandages.

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and well wishes.

p.s: spacedoubt: that picture is awesome

[edit on 8/9/2005 by redize]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
or at least he has for the last 2 1/2 years here at ATS.

He likes:
1. chasing bugs
2. biting
3. pointing out policy hypocrisies
4. taking naps
5. reading obscure philosophy
6. setting humans free
7. eating tuna
8. bellyrubs/belly traps
9. destroying ignorant posters.

Thats what he likes...now as to what and whom he doesn't like:

1. [edited by owner]
2. [edited by owner]
3. Religions
4. [edited by owner]
5. Government
6. [edited by international law]
7. International laws
8. [edited by moral majority]
9. Moral majority
10. People who use labels to describe themselves
11. The other cats in the house

and his final ATS thought for the day, "Think for yourselves, shmucks"

There is no enemy anywhere - Lao Tse

[edit on 8-9-2005 by Voice_of Doom]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
My cat had me trapped in the car one time. Think she had it with jungle life and wanted to come in from the cold...

click thumb for BIG cat yawn!

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
My cat is 12 years old, and she still looks, runs, plays and climbs like when she was 5. My theory is that she made a pact with the devil...

[edit on 9-9-2005 by Peronemlin]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peronemlin
My theory is that she made a pact with the devil...

[edit on 9-9-2005 by Peronemlin]

I think all cats have some dealings with the lord of the underworld..LOL

Your cat has some serious attitude in that pic..!

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
My cats looks lazy, but I suspect when I'm not watching they turn into crazed animals wrecking havoc on the house. My wife claims that they knock down her decoration items and terrorize her feather arrangements when we're gone.

[edit on 9-9-2005 by dbates]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
My cats looks lazy, but I suspect when I'm not watching they turn into crazed animals wrecking havoc on the house. My wife claims that they knock down her decoration items and terrorize her feather arrangements when we're gone.

They totally do. They make the perfect scapegoats, but it's so true. Cats go everywhere, it's awesome/cute but my god they can mess things up.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
My fat cat's fatter than your fat cat

If my cat had a personals ad, it would go something like this:

I'm a big beautiful kitty who loves to stink up the house, chase things that aren't there, and shed year-round...I live in style and comfort with an electronic litter maid that cleans up after me....Lap dances are on the house and maybe if you're sweet enough I'll cuddle up next to you tonight...

....Here are some pics of my Belle girl....

The roach, however, is not my pet...lol...*shudders*

[edit on 9/9/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I love reading about all your cats.

2 cats live here. Graycee is my current avatar. He's a sweet boy. The sweetest animal here. He likes to chew plastic, play with catnip mice and annoy his sister like any little brother does. He stands on his back feet and dances for his supper. He's about 10 years old.

The other cat that lives here is Zoie. She's the princess of the universe.

She's 13 this year. She lets us know when and how to pet her and if she's not pleased, she lets us know that, too. She cries when it rains, hates her little brother and is afraid of plastic bags. She is the host for a 5000-year-old entity. We are honored to have her in our home.

They are well-loved. They have their own sunporch and a screened cattery complete with catwalk that leads to a kennel outside so they can enjoy the outdoors while being protected from danger.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Enronoutrunhomerun, you have a very honorable looking cat.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Godzilla1985
Enronoutrunhomerun, you have a very honorable looking cat.

She's a trooper...

"I, Belle, do solemnly swear to preserve a dog-free environment for kitties of all creeds…"

Awesome little kitty "play-fortress" you have there Benevolent Heretic...I bet they love it...I need something like that for myself...lol

[edit on 9/9/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join