It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Cindy Sheehan be Arrested?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Cindy Sheehan is camped outside the President's ranch in Crawford Texas because she wants to ask him a question.

Ms. Sheehan's son, Casey, was killed last year in Iraq, after which she became an antiwar activist.
Ms. Sheehan has vowed to camp out on the spot until Mr. Bush agrees to meet with her, even if it means spending all of August under a broiling sun by the dusty road. Early on Sunday afternoon, 25 hours after she was turned back as she approached Mr. Bush's ranch, Prairie Chapel, Ms. Sheehan stood red-faced from the heat at the makeshift campsite that she says will be her home until the president relents or leaves to go back to Washington.

"I want to ask the president, why did he kill my son?" Sheehan told reporters. "He said my son died in a noble cause, and I want to ask him what that noble cause is."

I have also read that she has been told she will be arrested on Thursday, the day that Rumsfeld and Rice are scheduled to come to the ranch there in Crawford, because she is a threat to national security!

Yep. She's a terrorist, all right!

Edit: This should probably go in US News Discussion in BTS, huh? Sorry!

[edit on 8-8-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
She has already met with the President. She met and praised President Bush.

www.drudgereport.com...

CINDY 2004

THE REPORTER of Vacaville, CA published an account of Cindy Sheehan's visit with the president at Fort Lewis near Seattle on June 24, 2004:

"'I now know he's sincere about wanting freedom for the Iraqis,' Cindy said after their meeting. 'I know he's sorry and feels some pain for our loss. And I know he's a man of faith.'

"The meeting didn't last long, but in their time with Bush, Cindy spoke about Casey and asked the president to make her son's sacrifice count for something. They also spoke of their faith.

"The trip had one benefit that none of the Sheehans expected.

"For a moment, life returned to the way it was before Casey died. They laughed, joked and bickered playfully as they briefly toured Seattle.

For the first time in 11 weeks, they felt whole again.

"'That was the gift the president gave us, the gift of happiness, of being together,' Cindy said."

This lady is a fraud and a disgrace to her sons memory. She is on a media tour right now and no one is calling her on her "flip flop".

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I know about the 2004 meeting. She says she was still in mourning for her son at the time and I forget how she explained it, but she was really unable to express herself afterward. I think it might be difficult for us to judge unless we've been in her position. She, like me, supported this war at one time. She has since seen things that have made her change her mind. Not just her son's death.

From the link above:

In Ms. Sheehan's telling, though, Mr. Bush did not know her son's name when she and her family met with him in June 2004 at Fort Lewis. Mr. Bush, she said, acted as if he were at a party and behaved disrespectfully toward her by referring to her as "Mom" throughout the meeting.

By Ms. Sheehan's account, Mr. Bush said to her that he could not imagine losing a loved one like an aunt or uncle or cousin. Ms. Sheehan said she broke in and told Mr. Bush that Casey was her son, and that she thought he could imagine what it would be like since he has two daughters and that he should think about what it would be like sending them off to war.

I'm sure many will think she's a fraud
but I have no idea what she could possibly gain from this. She seems to be acting with integrity. I have sympathy and compassion for the woman. I believe in her cause and I support her. I think her son would be proud.

She certainly doesn't deserve to be arrested as a national security threat!

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Democrat House Members Call on Bush to Meet with Cindy

Dear Mr. President:

We write to respectfully urge you to meet with Cindy Sheehan and other relatives of fallen soldiers who request a meeting to discuss their deep concerns about the war in Iraq. We also request that you help ensure that Ms. Sheehan and her colleagues are not arrested as long as they continue to wait for a meeting with you at their location in the peaceable and legal manner that they have maintained thus far.
Sincerely,

Reps. John Conyers; George Miller; Maxine Waters; Corrine Brown; Dennis Kucinich; Carolyn Maloney; Jim McDermott; Jim McGovern; Barbara Lee; Zoe Lofgren; Peter Oberstar; John Lewis; Bernie Sanders; Bob Filner; Micheal Honda; Raul Grijalva

Why won't he meet with her and answer her question? I guess it has something to do with the press being there.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Probably because he has met with her once, sent national security adviser Steve Hadley and deputy White House chief of staff Joe Hagin out to talk to her for 45 mins, and has had his name dragged through the mud by her.

What she wants seems to be more a media ploy than anything else. Otherwise she wouldn't be so vitriolic because she should know you have a hard time repeatedly insulting someone on TV, radio, and print, and then get them to pencil you in for a meeting.

She should certainly not be arrested, but she should go home.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Arrested?
Hell no, I would let her keep with what she is doing.
She is damaging and defacing herself better than any trumped up arrest could ever do.

seekerof

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
That's funny. How can anyone possibly defend Bush on this? He's not man enuff to walk to the end of his driveway and have a conversation with a woman, who sadly, lost her son in a war he lied the American public into supporting.

He is one spineless, obfuscating individual.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
@ECK

How can anyone defend this lady? She has already had a meeting with Bush. Most people never get a meeting with the President, she wants two?

What are the stalking laws in Texas?

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
@ECK

How can anyone defend this lady? She has already had a meeting with Bush. Most people never get a meeting with the President, she wants two?

I feel sorry for people who don't have the brain capacity to change their minds when presented with new facts.

There's a word for that, however, I will refrain from employing it.

Just for the record Carseller, I bet good money you'd come unglued if someone made snide and uninformed comments about your mother. Just something worth considering. Whether you agree with the lady or not, its just bad form.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   

@ECK

Oh wow, that was #ing brilliant.
woah, she got one meeting with the prez so she should shut her mouth because of it?
good thing you aren't prez huh... one might call you an elitist prick?

She shouldn't have a change of heart or mind (like other normal human beings), she shouldn't gain as much knowledge on both sides (like a smart human would do), she should just stay numb and tune into the right wing news channels of today's media to get fair and balanced news huh?
pul-eeeze!

She obviously has been researching conspiracy theories (ie/ mentioning and questioning the downing stree memos), probably because most normal thinking human beings that aren't zombies ask questions to themselves about these important times we're in, and when questions remained unanswered, one usually goes searching for truth. She obviously fell into the rabbit hole, of which the masses are to ignorant to step into or are afraid to, in fear of what the scary truth may actually be, and that would mean you would actually have to do something...

Like she is. I don't see her going away do you? I don't think she will because she knows something stinks, and she's doing her part to try and wake people up, despite the smear tactics that are being used against her. Her theory? The truth will set you free, truth triumphs over evil, ect, take your pick.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   

She has already had a meeting with Bush. Most people never get a meeting with the President, she wants two?

If we're each allowed one meeting with the pres, she can have mine. I don't want to meet him anyway.

She's not stalking. What she's doing is called protesting. Read about it here:

I - Freedom of Speech, Press, Religion and Petition

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Even her own family thinks she's whacko...

www.drudgereport.com...

In response to questions regarding the Cindy Sheehan/Crawford Texas issue: Sheehan Family Statement:

The Sheehan Family lost our beloved Casey in the Iraq War and we have been silently, respectfully grieving. We do not agree with the political motivations and publicity tactics of Cindy Sheehan. She now appears to be promoting her own personal agenda and notoriety at the the expense of her son's good name and reputation. The rest of the Sheehan Family supports the troops, our country, and our President, silently, with prayer and respect.

Sincerely,

Casey Sheehan's grandparents, aunts, uncles and numerous cousins.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
As far as my "stalking" comments.

If someone was camping out down your street waiting to meet you and you didn't want to talk to them. What would you call it?

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

As far as my "stalking" comments.

If someone was camping out down your street waiting to meet you and you didn't want to talk to them. What would you call it?

Well if I was the prez and had knowledge of this person, i would be well aware of the passion and would want to answer any questions as I represent her, part of 'the people'

People deserve answers, lest you forget the government works for you, don't you ever forget that. This is something that 'they' the gov't/media/lobbyists want you to forget as they try and obviously it's working, to dumb you down.

If I had nothing to hide and was firm in my beliefs about my decision making process I would march down that street shake her hand and ask her what kinds of questions she needs answering...

But if I was a scum bag I would stay in my home, keep pressure on the media about not realisng those downing street memos of which she wants answers to because that would just open up a whole new can of worms, of which the american people as a mass aren't ready to handle because it's un american and would cause an uproar...

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I'd not really worrie.

I'm sure if someone was camping outside my house, I'd find it highly amusing.

However Bush should speak with her, allow her some air-time even. What has he to fear? Does he worry some mother who lost her child will be able to crush his Political life and the whole of the Republican Party?

He's a grown adult. About time he starts getting involved in some political debates instead of spending half the year on holiday.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Half his time? Nonsense Odium, according to the record he only spends a little over 4 months a year on vacation.(I kid you not)

But anyways, he is republican so speaking with a person who didn't give him 5million+ in support would be beneath him.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Fun facts and questions.

1. Cindy Sheehan has already met with Bush.
2. How did Bush sign the Energy Bill if he was on vacation?
3. Cindy Sheehan had already met with Bush.
3. Cindy Sheehan's family is embarrassed by her actions. Just think of what her deceased son would think of her.
4. How much of an advance will Sheehan recieve with her book deal?
5. Cindy Sheehan has already met with Bush.

and, oh by the way, CINDY SHEEHAN HAS ALREADY MET WITH BUSH!

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I couldn't care less what Bush supporters think of her, even if it is her own family. I have been on the opposite side of the political fence with family and friends and no amount of pressure or name-calling would convince me to shut-up.

I respect her for sticking with her beliefs in the face of critics. That takes real strength of conviction. I personally wouldn't care what her son would say either. This is her battle. Her son is dead and no one can say what he would think. She's doing this because she has to.

As far as the previous meeting with Bush, so what? Do we only get one chance? A LOT has happened since that meeting. A lot has come to light regarding the war her son died in. It doesn't matter that she's already met with him. She wants to again.

He won't meet with her because there's press there and he looks like a complete idiot unless the questions are pre-approved and support his position. He's a chickenpoop, in other words.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Simple matter of fact is, Bush will not meet with her in any sort of debate where he can be asked questions.

He won't meet with anyone unless the questions are pre-set.

Great man to be leading the country.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

From Cindy:

Still putting out the O'Reilly fires of me being a traitor and using Casey's name dishonorably, my in-laws sent out a press conference disagreeing with me in strong terms; which is totally okay with me, because they barely knew Casey. We have always been on separate sides of the fence politically and I have not spoken to them since the elections when they supported the man who is responsible for Casey's death. The thing that matters to me is that my family: Casey's dad and my other 3 kids are on the same side of the fence that I am.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join