It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are we all related??? (bible question)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 06:34 AM
link   
i'm not a religious person however i did think about this along time ago when i was about 11 or 12....

according the bible adam and eve were the first people on earth right? and if we take this to heart then all people on the planet came from them which means.....we're all related and all the fighting we're doing is just a family feud and if we really are all descended from adam and eve and we are all family even in a indrect way we are all performing incest and we continue to marry into the family over and over. (technically anyway)

now i dont believe in the bible really but who believes we all came from adam and eve? if you do wouldnt you agree we are all related even if its indirectly? (like really long lost cousins kind of situation)

also how can we populate a whole planet from TWO people?

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Simple.....they can't.

That's why were not all related. However, you will hear many cleverly argue that though Adam was the first, God created other men soon after. The more pertinent question is, who the hell did Adam and Eve's sons get with and where the hell did they come from?
This creation of other men after idea satisfies the arguement nicely, but it's still a crock...

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Simple.....they can't.

That's why were not all related. However, you will hear many cleverly argue that though Adam was the first, God created other men soon after. The more pertinent question is, who the hell did Adam and Eve's sons get with and where the hell did they come from?
This creation of other men after idea satisfies the arguement nicely, but it's still a crock...

other men? IF thats true then eve was a BUSY woman.....lol

seriously though...i dont buy into the "adam and eve" story personally but i am just asking because i think it should be discussed as so many believe the bible and everythign it says and this makes no sense to me and i want someone to explain this to me in some plausible terms.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   
OK, He created other men and women... After all, Adam's sons had to have someone else to get with huh? Or else, they had sisters....(eewww....)

Again, I don't buy it either, but the clever Christian will point out that though Adam and Eve were the first, they were not the ONLY ones created....

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Adam and Eve were not the only two people on earth. They probably are only symbolic figures.

Cain left his parents and he found a wife. Well, where did she come from if those three were the only people on earth after Cain killed Abel? Exactly, they weren't the only people on the planet.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
OK, He created other men and women... After all, Adam's sons had to have someone else to get with huh? Or else, they had sisters....(eewww....)

Again, I don't buy it either, but the clever Christian will point out that though Adam and Eve were the first, they were not the ONLY ones created....

from what ive been told they did it with..... their mother. i dont know if thats accurate and i dont believe it is.

if there were others how come there is no mention of them? seriously! why is it we hear about these two but not the others if there were others to begin with? are we to believe THESE two were the only ones who had adventures or the only ones worth recording? did everyone else live a mundane life?

i havent read the bible that much except in passing so i'm probably missing how chunks of information here. of course thats why i'm asking these questions, to understand.

i more or less want "the truth" or whats been actually written in the bible, not someones take on it as that usually has a bias in it.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey

i havent read the bible that much except in passing so i'm probably missing how chunks of information here. of course thats why i'm asking these questions, to understand.

Well there's the problem. Search and you will find the answer.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Some also say that Cain's woman was also one of Adam's distant descendants. But to reach to that point, there still must be incest. Yuck!!! And incest also brings things such as mentally retarded babies etc...

It's just not logical

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Some also say that Cain's woman was also one of Adam's distant descendants. But to reach to that point, there still must be incest. Yuck!!! And incest also brings things such as mentally retarded babies etc...

It's just not logical

well thats the crux of it.

IF we all came from two people then all reproduction aside from those two would be incest.

thats a freaky thought!!!

and no it doesnt make sense and thats why i'm asking.

it doesmake the evolution theory looks less nasty at least. lol

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I don't remember all the details so please forgive me if I mess some of the points up.

I believe (I could be wrong) that what Bandit is saying is correct... They were distant relatives. The reason that incest would not result in deformation is that Adam and Eve had "perfect genes" and their incestual offspring would just lose small protions of the perfect genes through inbreeding. However ove time the offspring genes had mutated to be very inferior to the original genes. That is why incest now results in mental retardation. That is also why we do not live 900 years or so.

P.S. Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons...

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Geneticists are coming to a similar conclusion. Question: If there was a mother Eve in Africa, (from whom the entire human race derived), was she breeding with non-humans?

www.archaeology.org...

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by copcorn
Geneticists are coming to a similar conclusion. Question: If there was a mother Eve in Africa, (from whom the entire human race derived), was she breeding with non-humans?

www.archaeology.org...

and now bestiality enters into the equation.......good page though.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
P.S. Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons... ???

Interesting point, hehe... Technically, they shouldn't have.... Of course, this is akin to arguing whether or not Santa's beard would have grown white....

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This is another case of why I follow no religion.

The Bible does have a lot of holes in it as pointed in the statements above.

The Bible has been changed many times over the years to satisfy whoever was in power at the time of rewriting. I started to read it one time and after reading Genesis and moving to the story of all the people that had developed(Cain and Abel) etc. I looked up and said what a bunch of malarky.

Remember this: Jesse Ventura once said and caught a lot of flak by saying that religion was for the weak minded. I knew where he was coming from, however he was just slightly off. Religion is for the weak of heart.

God is the allknowing creator. The Holy Spirit resides in each and every one of us.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
This is another case of why I follow no religion.

The Bible does have a lot of holes in it as pointed in the statements above.

The Bible has been changed many times over the years to satisfy whoever was in power at the time of rewriting. I started to read it one time and after reading Genesis and moving to the story of all the people that had developed(Cain and Abel) etc. I looked up and said what a bunch of malarky.

Remember this: Jesse Ventura once said and caught a lot of flak by saying that religion was for the weak minded. I knew where he was coming from, however he was just slightly off. Religion is for the weak of heart.

God is the allknowing creator. The Holy Spirit resides in each and every one of us.

i think its a crutch personally. ventura isnt far off the mark in his comments. (runs for cover)

i was just interested to see if i could get a tangible answer to what seems like an impossible to believe story.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by copcorn

www.archaeology.org...

A woman cannot bear a child from a lesser animal. It's impossible. Problem solved.

top topics

join