It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guantanamo Detainees Bewitched by Harry Potter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Thats great.. look at them they are so humiliated an afraid, ahahaha...

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dom

Originally posted by Seeking Nirvana
I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but by taking the lives of non-combatants they have made a non-verbal statement that they will not follow the Laws of Armed Conflict (LOAC). To break any law as described in LOAC is justification to be punished under the Geneva Convention. With that said though, the same could be said about the treatment of detainees at abu gharib. So it seems that there has been some violations of the Geneva Convention on both ends.

Except of course, that quite a few of these prisoners have already been released because they had nothing to do with terrorism. So we can assume that plenty of the remaining prisoners are also innocent but belong to countries that aren't expressing their outrage as strongly as others. I see no evidence that all of the detainees have been " taking the lives of non-combatants". Besides, under geneva conventions their status can't be arbitrarily decided by the US, so the US are already acting outside the conventions, before we get into abu ghraib.

It's a shame the US isn't brave enough to prosecute in proper courts and instead believes their cases to be so weak that they have to set up kangaroo courts instead. I don't doubt that *some* of these prisoners are guilty, but you'd think the US authorities would have some *evidence* by now...

I'm sure some of them are innocent. I also feel that his whole "global war against terrorism" could have been done differently. I actually have not been paying a whole lot of attention to the war, or the scandals, and if I see anything on tv about the president, I either turn the tv off or change the channel. It's bad enough that I have to hear about the war at work. I too would like to see some evidence.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikelbee

Stop behaving like hate spouting, infantile warmongers - even CONVICTED prisoners in America have rights.

Look it up - paedophiles, rapists, serial killers, axe murders - ALL have rights. All have the right to exist as human beings and not animals.

Ya know, I don't think I would have as much a problem if it were Convicted paedophiles, rapists, serial killers, axe murders being tortured and killed.

They did not seem overly concerned with human rights when they were doing what they did to get convicted of being paedophiles, rapists, serial killers, axe murders.

However, I do take issue with holding people in places like Abu and G-Bay without even having charges brought against them.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Im sure that Harry Potters world of growing and opressive evil strikes a cord with people imprisoned for years without trial or access to a lawyer by 'the land of the free'

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I just realised... it's simply annother form of torture.. if anyone one else here have read all 6 books.. just knowing that we are going to have to wait annother 2 years before we are finaly able to read the conclusional 7th book is torture in itself!!!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join