It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S Kicked Out Of Cricket Tournament

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The United States has been kicked out of an intercontinental cricket tournament. The U.S team was replaced by the Cayman Islands. The team was removed from the competition due to an unresolved leadership dispute. The U.S. Amateur Cricket Association had a leadership elections in March whereby two factions claimed victory.

news.yahoo.com
LONDON - The United States was tossed out of an international cricket tournament after an election dispute left the Americans unable to decide on a team.

The International Cricket Council on Monday replaced the United States with the Cayman Islands in the ICC Intercontinental Cup.

The action follows a March election at the U.S. Amateur Cricket Association in which two factions claimed leadership.

"We are not able to wait any longer, as it is necessary to finalize details of the competing teams," ICC chief executive Malcolm Speed said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Whilst sports stories are not really prevalent in ATSNN, I found the intrigue and wierdness of this story entertaining. To me this fits in with the "alternative" news items.

Its a shame that the United States was removed from this competition. I would like to see an American cricket team and would relish their inclusion in the international cricket scene.

The United States is not known for its fondness, or even understanding of, cricket. That America had one passionate cricket faction would of surprised me, that they have two left me amazed.

Heres hoping the Americans can get their act together and come join in a sport that is played by millions around the World

[edit on 8/8/05 by subz]

[edit on 12-8-2005 by asala]

join