It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Y. DA Pirro to Run Against Sen. Clinton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
ALBANY, N.Y. — Jeanine Pirro (search), a high-profile prosecutor from the New York City area, said Monday she will seek the Republican nomination to challenge Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (search) in her bid for re-election next year.
www.foxnews.com...

This should be interesting. Pirro is a Republican running in a Blue state. If she defeats Hillary, this could have major implications for Clintons' bid for the presidency in '08.

Let the games begin.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Lets hope Pirro wins this one. Clinton is a god aweful senator who can hardly open her mouth without angering her entire party, she has no more credentials for being a senator than I do. Her plan to run for president clearly shows her inability to comprehend reality. Does she honestly think she can be president? People liked Kerry and he still lost, I live in New York and can attest to the fact that people don't even like Clinton in her home state. She floated into the senate on a wave of uninformed votes with a raft made of her name. There is no possible way I can see her appealing to the heartland voters

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Pirro will still have to win the GOP nomination. I agree with you on Hillary - she's no big favorite, from what I've heard. She has a habit of dancing around the tough issues. Lotsa sizzle, no steak.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
FYI, I posted something about the possibility of this happening here:

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

There's some more info on her there.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It's usually a bad sign when members of her own party are admitting, the very day that she anounced her bid, that she doesn't stand a chance of actually winning.

Whether anyone likes her or not, Hillary is a political juggernaut, and poor DA Pirro is simply more cannon fodder. She's a moderate, pro-choice, pro-gay rights Republican who can't attack Bill, because then her own Husband, convicted felon Al Pirro, will then become a target.

There's no upside to her running, other than a possible chance to slice off 20% of women voters, but that doesn't make much ground when the margins between the two candidates is over 30 points.

Her campaign is dead in the water.

She was courting the idea of running against Hillary as early as 04. The only reason she announced now is because polls showed her trailing Elliot Spitzer in the gubernatorial race by another 35 points.

No amount of wishful thinking can alter the obvious.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Hillary despised in NY!? Doing a horrible job!?!
It would be nice to not be partisan about it, but I guess after all those years of the politcs of personal destruction waged by the Bush Clan against the Clintons, you can't break ot of the well worn grooves.
Pirro is starting her career in big time politics. Sometimes, that means being the scout team quarterback ( i.e. taking a thumping ). They do go on to become big stars - and she will be one for the GOP - Pirro is a smart, agressive and logic minded politician. The Gov race is a give me to Spitzer - so while she would have fought that good fight, it's better for her to take her beating at the Senate level & come back towards the end of the decade building on the 15% of the vote she'll get.

top topics

join