It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I heard something strange and now I think Bigfoot was/is staying in my backyard

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
If you are serious (and I suspect you are) take the time to contact a University - they'll bend over backwards to get resources to you - the holy grail of anthropology! Document, document, document! If your goal is to be believed you will require multiple trained credentialed observers and clear video, audio and hair samples, scat, footprint molds. I'm happy for you - if you find a skeleton or a dead one you can write your legend.
I was huntin' once in '76 - thought I heard a scream - human almost - so I go runnin' thinkin' someone was being disemboweled or raped and I came out into an open area beneath the pine canopy and there's this medium sized brown bear ('bout 400lb) sittin' on its haunches lookin' right at me - I figured I'd have to shoot it (Bear was not in season and I only take Partridge when they are plentiful) - the bear starts "singing?" to me - I backed away slowly never breaking eye contact - then the bear "screamed" and it sounded just like a human shrieking - and then it sneezed - a quart of snot flew like 6 feet. I'm freakin' and drew a bead with a .22 - the bear rolled forward on all fours - and waddled away "singing" to itself.
Best moment in nature I've ever had the pleasure to experience.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Be glad you didn'y have to shoot that bear with your .22. You more than likely would have just made him angry.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I don't think a .22 is gonna do much to bear!

Well I had a roommate once who bought some land in rural vermont near here and they have bear in the deep woods, it's well known. And moose, and deer, but no cats (at least none in central VT that we know of).

Although his neighbor was actually killed by his pet moose (don't ask) the bears are usually harmless, and when they "sing" it's a way of communicating apparently, I suppose like dogs barking at each other only maybe they have some vocabulary. It's how they communicate to each other. My roommate reported listening to 3 different bears one night "singing" to each other.

ChristyZ ... scared of a little pussy cat? Just joking. Yea big cats are an awesome predator, better be well armed.

I still don't buy the whole bigfoot idea, and what's this about them being in Maryland I grew up in Maryland and I've never heard that before, I thought the major sightings were up in Vancouver BC.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Well, just when I thought it was safe to go back into my woods.
I was reminded of this thread after reading porschedriver's and I decided to wander back into my little strip of woods. When I last went back in there the grass was unflattening itself, now its even more flattened then what it was when I first discovered it. I found numerous branches that had obviously been twisted off of a tree, and I found something else. There used to be this really tall tree in the strip of woods until a while ago, it got struck by lightning. A large portion of that tree got caught inbetween a branch and the rest of the tree. Last summer I wandered back there and stupidly pushed on the branch it was resting on and barely avoided getting killed when it fell over and knocked me on the head. The only reason I didn't die was that it, on the way down, got stuck on a sappling just as it hit me on the head. I got knocked out but woke up when I fell into a briar patch.
Ever since the left side of that log that fell had been resting on top of the trunk while the other side was caught in the sappling, leaning in a diagonial fashion. Today, when it went back there the log had been pushed off of the trunk and lay flat on the ground. The side that had been leaning on the trunk had been shattered and the left side lay in 3 or 4 large fragments. LOTS of force would have had to of been applied to get that branch to fall the rest of the way. After I got hit on the head my Dad went out and made sure that the log was secure and wouldn't fall over the rest of the way, naturally. It wouldn't budge, then anyway. And before anyone askes, the part of the log that used to lean on the tree was a good 10 feet in the air.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I wounder why you are so hesitant to let experts look at it. You are not able to collect things from the 'den', you are not able to take some pictures (eventhough everybody has a camera or knows someone with a camera), you can't record ANY of the sounds you heard (all you have to do is take a tape recorder, put it on your window-sill and let it record everything all night long), you are not able to contact experts to get a second opinion about this and you don't want other people to come and have a look at it. If you ask me there are 2 possibilities:
1. You are making this whole story up, wasting the time of all those people out there who are looking for some REAL bigfoot-evidence on this forum.
2. You DID find a nest of some sort, but you yourself know very well what/who made it (a mountain lion, bear, deer, even maybe a homeless person).

I don't want to attack you in any way, I'm just analyzing what you told us. I think that every normal person would want to know what that thing is if they would find what you have found in your backyard. You just seem to be very sure it is a bigfoot, without even wanting to investigate it any further... It could very well be something completely diferent, or even maybe man-made.

I don't want to seem arrogant in any way, and it is not my intention to insult or ridicule you. This is just the way your story appears to me.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightWish
I wonder why you are so hesitant to let experts look at it.
What makes you think so? I have registered my sighting with the Bfro and urged them to email me, but they have not, and my guess is that they won't because I registered this with them 4 months ago.

You are not able to collect things from the 'den',
I am able but haven't yet because... Well, I'm not entirely sure why. Now that you pointed that out I WILL start doing it.

you are not able to take some pictures (eventhough everybody has a camera or knows someone with a camera)
I guess I haven't taken a poragative(sp?) to do that yet, I'm going to ask a friend of the families

, you can't record ANY of the sounds you heard (all you have to do is take a tape recorder, put it on your window-sill and let it record everything all night long)
How much does one cost?

, you are not able to contact experts to get a second opinion about this
As I said before, I have contacted the Bfro but they haven't gotten back to me for the past 4 months.

and you don't want other people to come and have a look at it.
This couldn't be farther from the truth. I did bring a friend of mine over and showed him around, he also figured that something had been living there.

I don't want to attack you in any way, I'm just analyzing what you told us.
No problem. I would've done the same thing if I was on the outside looking in, so to speak.

[edit on 11-9-2005 by Voidmaster]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voidmaster

I wonder why you are so hesitant to let experts look at it.
What makes you think so? I have registered my sighting with the Bfro and urged them to email me, but they have not, and my guess is that they won't because I registered this with them 4 months ago.

Because you said something about not wanting to have experts coming over because of your parents, and that's why you did not contact anybody. But I'm glad you did though, that makes your story a lot more allegable now
It's a pitty they didn't react though...

you are not able to take some pictures (eventhough everybody has a camera or knows someone with a camera)
I guess I haven't taken a poragative(sp?) to do that yet, I'm going to ask a friend of the families

That's a great idea!! Maybe some people around here can help you figure out what exactly has been wandering around in your backyard if it turns out not to be a bigfoot (although it would be great if it is
) But people can't help you if they don't have any pictures to look at, or sounds to hear or something.

you can't record ANY of the sounds you heard (all you have to do is take a tape recorder, put it on your window-sill and let it record everything all night long)
How much does one cost?

You don't need to buy professional equipment for this. You can use a normal stereo recorder and a mic, or you can use a small tape recorder (the ones lawyers or detectives use during interrogations). If you don't have any of those things you can check if one of your friends has it, or maybe your dad or something.

and you don't want other people to come and have a look at it.
This couldn't be farther from the truth. I did bring a friend of mine over and showed him around, he also figured that something had been living there.

I'm sorry, I didn't know your friend actually came over since there where no more posts regarding this fact. Did your friend tell you what he thinks lives there? Is he an expert on the material?

I think the best thing you can do right now, is to collect evidence. Try finding some hairs in 'the den' (if you can't find any hairs it's pretty possible that 'the den' has not been made by an animal). Regardless if you find any hairs, take some pictures of the den and show them to as many people as possible, even post them online or something. (the more people see the pictures, the more chance someone will recognize this phenomena. 10 pairs of eyes see more then 1 pair).
Maybe you can also record some audio. If it doesn't capture those screams you talk about it may capture other noises made by the animal/it.
And if you're really adventurous you can try and make a picture of the thing. But that can be rather difficult because you'll need a camera with nightvision, and it can be possible that nobody in your surrounding has such a camera.
Once you've gathered all this evidence, then maybe you can try and contact the Bfro again, and they will be more likely to respond.

IF you deside on investigating this further and you feel insecure or frightened it is best to gather as much information as you can, and don't go out there alone anymore (especially not at night). Make sure there's at least 1 other person with you (so that if something happens one of you can go and get help), and arm yourself in any possible way.

Again, sorry, it was not my intention to attack you in any way. I'm very sceptic by nature, so forgive me

Hope you can gather some evidence soon so you can get to the bottom of this for once and for all.

Enjoy your hunt!!

[edit on 11-9-2005 by NightWish]

[edit on 11-9-2005 by NightWish]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Can't assume it's a bigfoot just by some sound.
Maybe you should look around your backyard, or where ever you are, for foot prints, maybe some hair, stuff that seems out of the ordinary.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Should've plain out shot it, atleast that's what a hunter would do if he/she found something that could be extreordinary.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Interesting read, luckily in Australia we don't have any large predators but we do have the Australian equivalent to sassy...... Yowies.

I spend time in the bush most days and have had some interesting experiences.
Rock throwing, wood against wood hitting, whomp sounds, strange tree/ branch snaps and being stalked at a 45% are some of the things to watch for.

Do you have a dog? I take mine with me and find he is a good indicator to something out of the ordinary hanging around. If he wants to get out of the area quick smart, I'll follow suit. Being female also helps, I'm not as threatening as a large male.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I haven't seen this option mentioned yet..The Klamath Bigfoot Vocalization sounds an awful lot like a Screech Owl. And if that were the case it would be far more likely that you heard one of those than either a Bigfoot or a Cougar..

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
In the wilds of the english countryside where i live (berkshire :lol
the only large primate stumbling around in the bushes are people who got lost on their way home from the pub
If there was a bigfoot hiding around here the ABC population would have eaten it a long long time ago.

hey falco

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Hey its been two weeks since Void has posted, I want to hear more!!! Hey man I'm from the suburbs from Chicago and if you seriously cannot get a camera, I will take a day off school and drive out there and see this for myself. I can't imagine its anymore than 2-5 hours, which I would not mind at all, because I wanna see this setting so bad. Anyways, keep posting with updates and whatnot.. PS - Starcraft rules! [zerg for lyfe!]

Oh and if you can afford a computer and cable modem, cmon man you can afford a 5 dollar disposable camera! hmm you know they have disposable camCORDERS now?! sweet

[edit on 27-9-2005 by The Nacum]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I just looked back at this thread. I remembered it since of all the recent Bigfoot activity. Unfortunately, it is winter now and I believe that Mr.Bigfoot has vacated the premesis for the winter, if not permanently. Nacum, while I'm intrigued with your offer my parents wouldn't allow it and I couldn't get a day off school. I ought to go back there and take a look now, just in case he left some tracks in the snow for me. Then I would absolutely INSIST that my parents get a camera NOW. Well, I'm off to take a look and should be back to report IF I find anything. If I don't find anything I'll just edit this and say I didn't.

EDIT: Well, I didn't find anything except lots of deer tracks. When I was nearing the end of my search a group of deer saw my and white-tailed it out of there. I even found some deer urine. I think all of those are a pretty good indicator that either Mr. Bigfoot has moved out or he was never there in the first place. I'll just have to wait until it warms up and check again.

P.S. Nacum, ZERG ROCKS!!!

[edit on 5-12-2005 by Voidmaster]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I suggest you try and record them. North America and Canada have the largest reported sightings of the creature and he/she has been seen even in the southern states.

I believe you as I believe my brother and I when we were younger had a bigfoot encounter, when we were holidaying in the outskirts of Missouri with our parents.

I can remember hearing something big and heavy going around the camper where my brother and I were sleeping. We were both too terrified to look out to see what it was. We pleaded to stay in the cabin the following night. Mind you, the next night we heard nothing. Both of us were waiting and worried whatever it was was going to come through the door.

Whatever it was was breathing heavy. Some years later, I found out that Bigfoot had been sighted on numerous occassions in that part of Missouri. We didn't think to look for footprints.

That whole weekend I couldn't help wondering if we had been visited by a Sasquatch that night.

I was very young at the time, about 15 years of age. I had joined AFJROTC when I was in Junior High; I think it was the first year that I had took the course.

I am glad that I had the sense not to look out the window. I would have screamed a good one.

However, it has given me impotence to learn more about the creature and it's habitats. I know how unnerving it can be to know that something like that could be lurking in your garden.

love and light

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I was unaware we had any activity like that this close to home. Unfortunately, I live in the suburbs so I don't get to investigate things like this too often...
Guess I'm a little late on this reply (by a few years!) but wanted to share my interest.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Here's a link to my sighting from 1985.my 1985 sighting im "Ron Evans" in the report. this is the first that ive posted on here about it.
I am of the belief, the these creatures are migratory in nature...esp here in Southern N.J. so i believe there's a good possibility they will return to your area. it seems they return every 3-4 years, mostly during the late summer, and fall.
edit on 14-4-2012 by lordpiney because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join