It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I heard something strange and now I think Bigfoot was/is staying in my backyard

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cug
Are you sure you heard a scream clip? it's not a growl.

Yeah, I heard a cougar in heat scream. It was freaky but it didn't sound like what I heard.
Xphilesphan, Yeah I'm in Indiana. I'm in northern Indiana. Is there a Milford in Sothern Indiana? 'cause I can't find you near the Milford I'm talking about.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Couldn't you possibly borrow a camera from someone you know??

Did the plop have berries in it? Could be a bear?

[edit on 10-8-2005 by librasleep]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by librasleep
Couldn't you possibly borrow a camera from someone you know??

Did the plop have berries in it? Could be a bear?

[edit on 10-8-2005 by librasleep]

I didn't see any berry seeds in it, but then again I didn't pick it up or touch it. I don't think bears live around here. At lest I hope bears don't live around here.

Cug

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voidmaster

Xphilesphan, Yeah I'm in Indiana. I'm in northern Indiana. Is there a Milford in Sothern Indiana? 'cause I can't find you near the Milford I'm talking about.

Looks like there is more than on Milford.. that's weird. Xphilesphan, the Millford we are talking about is in northern IN just about due north of Warsaw and south east of the South Bend/Elkhart area.

Voidmaster.. Oh well... from my point of view finding some evidence of big cats still in this area is even more cool than bigfoot.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug

Looks like there is more than on Milford.. that's weird. Xphilesphan, the Millford we are talking about is in northern IN just about due north of Warsaw and south east of the South Bend/Elkhart area.

Voidmaster.. Oh well... from my point of view finding some evidence of big cats still in this area is even more cool than bigfoot.

Yes the Mildord Indiana thats home of The Papers & Indiana Auto & RV. My old company. hehe

Anyways, Voidmaster, i would keep on checking the area. I think if you really ran into a bigfoot it would be as scared as you. So dont worry.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Well, I just came back from a short trip into my little clump of trees. I nearly had a heart attack when a bird broke a branch when taking off. I walked around for a while and looked for branches that might have been broken off by whatever is living back there. Nothing.
Then I heard some knocking sounds. As if something was knocking wood on wood. Bigfoot has been noted for these sounds in the past. I thought "Well, if Mr.Bigfoot wants to come back into his den I'm not going to stop him if I stay or go." I left in at hurried pace. The feces had disintergrated into a pile of seeds. Other then that nothing new. And the wood knocking came in the direction of that big clump of forest to the north-east.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I feel like I'm watching the real Bigfoot movie only interactively.

A couple of things:

1. Knocking on wood ---> woodpecker.

2. Bigfoot excrement ---> should collect it, if you had a local lab analyze it you will quickly be able to see what this thing is eating. If it's only eating vegetables, you have found a deer or maybe a family of deer. If it's eating meat, you could have found a bear, or cougar/lion, possibly wolves or wild dogs.

3. Arm yourself. If you are actually going back there alone with only a daggar, and you are anticipating locating a large hairy animal that may find humans tasty, you are completely wacko and shold at least bring a large calibre shotgun or rifle, and backup.

4. Bigfoot is a great myth ... but I have NEVER seen any conclusive evidence. It usually turns out to be a bear standing up on it's hind legs, or some other sort of hallicination on the part of the human would be bigfoot hunter. Bears can make some really wierd sounds ... I don't know if you have them or not in your area, but here in rural Vermont we get em and I've heard they have some really wierd sounds.

Even if it's a cougar or mtn lion still you ought to be careful because they can take down humans.

What shape was the excrement? I've done enough wilderness camping to be familiar with certain sorts of terds. As long as they are small spheres you are safe (deer or moose). If they are more of a larger pile that could be a bear (watch out).

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Was it your grandmother snoring? In my case, it's usualy her.

Luxifero.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Well, I just came back from a short trip into my little clump of trees. I nearly had a heart attack when a bird broke a branch when taking off. I walked around for a while and looked for branches that might have been broken off by whatever is living back there. Nothing.
Then I heard some knocking sounds. As if something was knocking wood on wood. Bigfoot has been noted for these sounds in the past. I thought "Well, if Mr.Bigfoot wants to come back into his den I'm not going to stop him if I stay or go." I left in at hurried pace. The feces had disintergrated into a pile of seeds. Other then that nothing new. And the wood knocking came in the direction of that big clump of forest to the north-east.

I just invested some time researching some of the databases.There seems to be some quantity of Bigfoot sightings in Indiana over the years.So you might just be on to something.As to the knocking sounds,it seems Bigfoot will sometimes beat sticks or logs on trees as a territorial warning of sorts,according to research.

As far as your Bigfoot art in the form of swirled grass,I'd be inclined to suspect a hoax.I haven't found any data in my research (about 2.5 years now) that refers to any dens made from swirled grasses.

At any rate,good luck with pal in the woods.

bye

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by grad_student
1. Knocking on wood ---> woodpecker.

I don't think so. It sounded like wood on wood, but then again I could be wrong.

2. Bigfoot excrement ---> should collect it, if you had a local lab analyze it you will quickly be able to see what this thing is eating. If it's only eating vegetables, you have found a deer or maybe a family of deer. If it's eating meat, you could have found a bear, or cougar/lion, possibly wolves or wild dogs.
Well its too late for that. It rained this morning and when I made it back there it had disintergrated into a small pile of seeds.

3. Arm yourself. If you are actually going back there alone with only a daggar, and you are anticipating locating a large hairy animal that may find humans tasty, you are completely wacko and shold at least bring a large calibre shotgun or rifle, and backup.
Well I really don't have anything more then my knife/dagger and the little incampment is within seeing and hearing distence of my house. If I needed to high-tail it I could probably get back to my house in time.

What shape was the excrement? I've done enough wilderness camping to be familiar with certain sorts of terds. As long as they are small spheres you are safe (deer or moose). If they are more of a larger pile that could be a bear (watch out).
We don't get bear over here and I've seen deer excrement before. This was a fairly large peice. Possibly the size of my fist. This was something I haven't seen before. Tho I haven't seen many animal feces I've seen pretty much anything in my area. Except coyote feces tho.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bargaindan
As to the knocking sounds,it seems Bigfoot will sometimes beat sticks or logs on trees as a territorial warning of sorts,according to research.

So I did the right thing getting out of there, right?

As far as your Bigfoot art in the form of swirled grass,I'd be inclined to suspect a hoax.I haven't found any data in my research (about 2.5 years now) that refers to any dens made from swirled grasses.

Well, I thought maybe that since these creatures are possibly as smart as a 5-7 yearold that they might have some kind of art. I think maybe this thing might be stupider then I thought. And thank you for doing research that I should be doing.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug
Are you sure you heard a scream clip? it's not a growl.

I heard one out west hiking (I had to change my pants afterword) it was like this one but a bit deeper and sounded more like the clip you posted.

Cougars, like all big felids, have regional dialects. Their calls vary from one part of the country to another, and in the same area will vary over time. And cats will yowl in addition to growl. Sounds just like that first clip of a 'sasquatch'.

Sounds also distort as they pass through layers of air with different temperature (like inversions at night).

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I was just out in my little patch of forest to look for more clues. I was just going in when I heard a very strange noise. It was coming from a distance so whatever was making it didn't know I was there. At least I don't think so. This noise wasn't unlike the one I heard last time only it was more of a drawn-out howl. It was about the same in pitch. At first it came from that forest to the north-east and then it came from the oppisite direction. In the oppisite direction there is a small patch of really tall grass. I backed away from the entrance and the noise stopped. I figured 'they' must be warning me away from the den so I turned around and walked away.
EDIT:I found another Bigfoot sound clip match:
www.oregonbigfoot.com...

[edit on 11-8-2005 by Voidmaster]

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

As to the knocking sounds,it seems Bigfoot will sometimes beat sticks or logs on trees as a territorial warning of sorts,according to research.

So I did the right thing getting out of there, right?

Well, I thought maybe that since these creatures are possibly as smart as a 5-7 yearold that they might have some kind of art. I think maybe this thing might be stupider then I thought. And thank you for doing research that I should be doing.

The Bigfoot is a lot smarter than you think they are.If they do in fact exist,and I believe they do,they would have to be to have survived for so long.Try not to take anything for granted.It is possible it may be another creature,like a cat.

Please try to get in touch with a Bigfoot researcher in your area.The BFRO should be able to point you to the right place for your state.If everything you say is correct,time is of the essence,and running out fast.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Please try to get in touch with a Bigfoot researcher in your area.

I don't think that is an option. My parents wouldn't allow it, unfortunately. However I am going to see if I can get a friend of mine over to my house, who is also a cryptozoologist, to examine my situation.

If everything you say is correct, time is of the essence, and running out fast.

Yeah it is. I believe that the Bigfoot/feet know of my presence and that may drive them away from the area but maybe not. They might see me as another one of them instead of a human. Its very unlikely but hey, it could happen. If so they might not leave as quickly. Maybe their curosity will cause them to stay longer then usual. I'll be considering all of these things.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Sounds like you've located the "den" ?

Go back to that same area of tall grass in the middle of the day with some buddies and see if you can see any holes in the ground. If you happened to get in between the mother and her cubs of whatever species of life you might have located you were lucky to get out alive ... but either way it would be good to bring a camera with you so you can take some photos and show us what you find.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Yes you must try to take some pics. Somehow. Otherwise we are just listening to an ongoing tall-tale. How old is this cryptozoologist friend of yours?

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well, he is only a few years younger then I am. He is the one who told me what the word "Cryptozoology" was. Course I had been interested in that stuff for a while before but I had never heard the word before.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonSUN
Not that much forests compared to other regions where big foot has been sighted.

The majority of bigfoot sightings are in Maryland.

void master
. A few weeks ago me and my father were just driving through Indiana and we would come across a town every now and then but most of it was empty land

Are you from indiana or have you recently moved there?

An ape this big would have really strong arms and a long reach.

There's really no reason to think that its an ape or bigfoot or anything like that at this point. If an animal bedded down in the grass for the night then there will be hairs in that matted grass patch.

Also even if I somehow get photos I wouldn't know what to do with them.

That really wouldn't be a problem if you had bigfoot photos.

I found what might be Bigfoot droppings. It was sorta close to one of the sleeping areas. It was a fairly large clump of brown excrement

Take a photo of the droppings, animals can be identified often from their droppings.

Then again, you may just have had a visit from a transient.

I don't think bears live around here

I'd think a stray or anamolous bear is more likely than a bigfoot.

. And the wood knocking came in the direction of that big clump of forest to the north-east.

You really shouldn't be walking around the woods alone. Get a buddy to go with and check it out, like an adult or something.

I'd think that if you can go online to post here that you can send an email to one of the bigfoot research groups in your state. Might be worth while to ask them what the sightings/disturbances often end up being (ie, not unsolved bigfoot sightings, but big cats, bears, mutant chipmunks, etc etc)

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Im in Michigan and several years back I was deer hunting and had an experience I will not forget. I had gotten to my tree before daylight and just got settled in when I heard this screaching, screaming sound as if it were right next to me. The sound was similar to your soundclips. I was scared to death.....a woman alone in the woods. After I almost passed out from holding my breath I turned on my flashlight and got the hell out of there! The next day on the news was a huge story about a wild cat being sighted and video taped in the area. I went back out into the woods with a group during daylight and found one huge cat print.......no fresh deer tracks. I believe what I heard was the cat and that explained no deer in an area that is certianly overpopulated by them. I never hunted again after that.

<< 1    3 >>

join