It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I heard something strange and now I think Bigfoot was/is staying in my backyard

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Well, I figured that I should report this to someone even tho it doesn't sound very likely its what I thought it was. Last night I was laying in bed, wide awake. I wasn't able to go to sleep because my brother and one of his friends were playing Starcraft against each other with the sound up. My window was open and a nice breeze was blowing through it. Then I heard a strange echoing noise coming from outside my window. It sounded far away but it stilll was pretty loud. It was really tough to discribe so I tried to find the best match for it on the net. And I found this:
www.oregonbigfoot.com...
It sounded almost exactly like that only without the backround static. This is the 2nd time I heard strange sounds around my house. I know most of you peoples will think that it was just a sound from the Starcraft game but I don't think so. It didn't sound like anything on Starcraft and I should know because I play Starcraft alot.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by Voidmaster]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Wow. If I heard something like that in the middle of the night, it would scare the hell out of me. Do you live in a rural community? Have there been any bigfoot sightings?
:

[edit on 8-8-2005 by librasleep]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by librasleep
Wow. If I heard something like that in the middle of the night, it would scare the hell out of me.
I thought so too. I guess my curosity got the better of me this time.

Do you live in a rural community? Have there been any bigfoot sightings?

Well, I live on the outskirts of a small town in Indiana. Not sure if you'd call it rural. My neighborhood is just a small cluster of houses. There haven't been any Bigfoot sightings in my town that I know of but 3 Bigfoot sightings have taken place in Milford, which is a town a little ways north of mine. Also there's a big section of forest just north-east of my property. It could of come from there. Anyway I ought to get off the computer, head outside and look for tracks. Maybe.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Wow I never heard of any bigfoot sightings in Milford Indiana or Indiana at all. Its flat lands & alot of farms. Not that much forests compared to other regions where big foot has been sighted.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonSUN
Not that much forests compared to other regions where big foot has been sighted.
Very true, but there are alot of empty spaces in Indiana. A few weeks ago me and my father were just driving through Indiana and we would come across a town every now and then but most of it was empty land. Spots of shelter(trees) here and there. Also Indiana is almost perfect for how Bigfoot behaves(or at lest how I think he does). I think Bigfoot is a nomadic creature that is also mostly nocturnal. That way Bigfoot would have small sections of forest to rest in until the day was over and he could move on without being seen.
And who would bother looking in a lonely spot of trees? No one. I doubt even the farmer, whose land borders the trees, would get very close. Also Indiana has some wildlife preserves here and there that could shelter Bigfoot. But I don't think he would hang out there for long. It might take him a couple of days but he'd just get in and get out almost too fast to be noticed or make a significant impact on the animal population.

P.S. I just came back from taking a look around near the back of my lot. In the thin strip of woods we have in the back of our property. I took a look and it appears that something had been staying there for a while. I'm no tracker or park officer but it appeared that something had made its home there for a while. The tall grass had been stepped on over and over and over until most of it was flat.
The grass had really been worn down espically in a spot right under a little shelter that I had made last summer.
Everything under there was flat and smoothed over. Also the tree branches I had placed there to act as walls had been pushed back as if to make more room. Also in some areas, the pattern of flatten grass and raised grass seemed to suggest that a bipedal creature had been standing there or walking there. Again, I'm no tracker but thats what it looked like. Also, there was another little naturally made shelter and it was flat and smoothed over there too. I'm really freaked out now. When I was last in there I had the thought that it might still be hanging around. When I thought of that I ran from the place, afraid that it might smell my presence when it got back from where ever it was.
Now I'm very sure as to what lived there but I still could be wrong, besides I'm biased to guessing because I'm a cryptozoologist. A Wildlife preserve officer might say a deer but a Cryptozoologist will say Bigfoot. I just gotta calm down and keep tabs on that forest for the next week.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by Voidmaster]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Hey Voidmaster,do you by any chance live in the proximity of any marsh,swampy area,or waterways that are either small slowmoving streams or brooks?If what you are describing is recent(within days)you may be on to something.

Also check topographic maps of your area and see if any of these waterways can be easily accessed without being readily seen at night.They probably can be if there is that much rural land around you.

Cug

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Try and find some mp3's of a cougar and see if that's close. They have a rather hair raising scream.

There is a long history of cougar sightings in Elkhart County. In fact I head it on the news recently. Most of the sightings have been in northern Elkhart county/ lower Michigan area., but it's still not that far for you assuming you are in the Warsaw area.

Here is some sighting news in the July 5th 2005 Elkhart truth.
www.etruth.com...

Off topic, but we also had a Kangaroo sightings here a couple of months ago, and then there was the Alligator found in St. Joseph River in June.

Tons of weird critters where they don't belong.

[edit on 8/9/2005 by Cug]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Man, if you have bigfoot in your backyard you are so lucky. I want a bigfoot in my backyard

Can you get some recordings???

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Man, if you have bigfoot in your backyard you are so lucky. I want a bigfoot in my backyard

Can you get some recordings???

I'll try my best to get recordings but I don't think it'll happen. Recording equipment costs money which I don't have but I will try and do my best to record the condition and what I happen to find in my thin strip of woods. I'm not sure if I want to risk going in my little clump of trees, my scent might drive it away.

originally posted by Bargindan
Are there an easily accesed streams where you are that could be accessed without being seen?

Well, I think there is a stream back in a forest that is just north-east of me. Unfortunately it has been recently bought and is being paved over for some houses. I'm not sure how much of it was bought, or if what they own reaches back into our property, but I'm guessing that with the new human presence whatever is living back there will leave rather soon.
Cug, I never thought of that. I guess it could be a cougar. If so I'd better be more careful about going back there.
EDIT: I just got finished listening to a cougar sound clip. No, what I heard was not a cougar. It sounds completely different.

[edit on 9-8-2005 by Voidmaster]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hey there Void.

Any chance you could rustle up a video camera or even a digital camera? If you got your hands on a camcorder, you could set it up at night to record the region you saw with the flattened grass. It would have to have a night function, though.

If you had a digital camera, you could run outside when and if you heard the noises again and snap away wildly.

Also, just be careful that you're not dealing with humans here. The area may be fairly isolated and there may not appear to be signs of human habitation, but I think it's best that, if you are going to do any more exploring, you at least take steps to ensure your own safety.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Voidmaster,heres what you can do if interested:

Get some ziplock bags,a magic marker and some rubber gloves for evidence collection.You must not allow your skin or person to come into contact with anything you collect.

Go back to your little encampment and do a thorough search of the area.Look for any hairs that may be left behind,no matter what they may have come from.Put each piece in a seperate baggie and mark where they are from.Also look for any excrement that may have been left.If it was a camp there probably will not be any though.Also try to get a gps fix/location on the sight.

Take as many pictures as you can of the area,including a wider circle around the immediate camp.Then try to get in touch with one of the better known researchers,like Autumn Williams or Loren Coleman and discuss what you have with them.

Hope you've got what you think you do.I've had near encounters like yours but have never seen one.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah25
if you are going to do any more exploring, you at least take steps to ensure your own safety.

Good idea. Next time I head out I'll take my dagger.
EDIT: I wouldn't be able to take the photos but I'll try my best to collect what I can, Bargain. Also I'm kinda stuck trying to decide if I want to see if I can catch a glimpse of this thing in person. I want to see it in person but I don't want to get too close. An ape this big would have really strong arms and a long reach. Also even if I somehow get photos I wouldn't know what to do with them. I don't know how to transfer them to the computer and then on to the net and if I didn't do that I wouldn't know who to send them too.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hope it's a damn big one.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Voidmaster another thing to consider when going back there is look for some bones or carcasses. Whatever it is it needs to eat and chances are if it's keeping using your shelter as a home it would probably eat there as well.
Even if it isn't bigfoot then at least you'll know that something is keeping company in your back yard and then you can go from there.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I just got back from a small trip into my clump of trees. Unfortunately I couldn't find the tweezers or sandwhich bags or tape or gloves or markers. I just took a walk and was careful not to touch anything.
The grass was still as flat and stepped on as usual. The patteren was still there. I looked for hair that might have gotten stuck on on the the trees, I thought it would be a good idea to look at the trees near the sleeping places.
I looked but I didn't find any hair. I did find something else. I found what might be Bigfoot droppings. It was sorta close to one of the sleeping areas. It was a fairly large clump of brown excrement. It probably would have clogged a toliet. The bugs were having their way with it so I didn't get too close.
I didn't collect it because I didn't have the proper equipment but honestly I probably wouldn't of collected it if I did. Would you want to pick up a clump of bigfoot poo? Since I didn't find any other clumps before I'd say its safe to assume that Bigfoot has recently taken this up for a home or perhaps its one of many dens. Maybe it has several nests across the forest north-east and was just expanding its territory by making another nest in my backyard? That way it wouldn't have to travel far to find its home, whichever home it chose to go too. What do you peoples thing of that theory?

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
If I thought the excrement was from a bigfoot of course I'd collect it.When analyzed for content we would have a picture of what this creature eats.In that way we could more clearly define it's habits as well as maybe narrowing down it's habitat.

That said,if it was fairly close to a sleeping area,it probably did not come from whatever is sleeping in that spot.There is no sane animal,human or otherwise that will deficate near it's sleeping area.Humans know it is not hygenic,and animals know that the odor will attract predators.

I am not a Pro of course,when it comes to Bigfoot,but I suspect that this is not a bedding area used by one.Research I have read indicates that the Bigfoot tends to be a migratory creature,which makes it more difficult to find one.It has been a couple of days now,and the creature should have moved on.

The fact that the grass is still compressed and flat indicates frequent and recent usage.I wonder if maybe you might be dealing with a homeless person here.He or she may not be in a forced situation,but desires to be in this situation.

Perhaps when you go back you should consider taking a companion.Also before you get in the vicinity,take several stops to survey the area for anything unusual,such as,a lack of birds singing,unusual noises etc.

Be careful, and please let us know of your progression.It seems to be quite an interesting tale as it unfolds.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I just thought of something. I've seen swirl patterns in the grass when I've gone there before. What if this is some sort of Bigfoot art? Opinions please.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
That sound is a mountain lion.

Cug

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voidmaster

Cug, I never thought of that. I guess it could be a cougar. If so I'd better be more careful about going back there.
EDIT: I just got finished listening to a cougar sound clip. No, what I heard was not a cougar. It sounds completely different.

Are you sure you heard a scream clip? it's not a growl.

try this one www.sound-effect.com...

I heard one out west hiking (I had to change my pants afterword) it was like this one but a bit deeper and sounded more like the clip you posted.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Void, I live in Indiana not far from milford, you live in southern indiana? I live near Greensburg. broken branches from the top of trees is a habbit of bigfoots for their bedding.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join