It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dogs Jumping Off Bridge to their deaths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Wasn't sure if it was Paranormal or Fragile Earth, but I settled for fragile earth because of the strange animal behavior. Mods of this forum, feel free to move

This is getting bizarre. Why would so many dogs (at least 1 a month) choose the same location? But also why are so many dogs free to jump the bridge, where are their owners and their leashes? Is it a ghost? Is it the bridge itself, or the area in general? Maybe there something in the air there, or a vibration coming from the bridge itself???

Bridge draws dogs to jump to death
Bridge draws dogs to jump to death
BY TOD ROBBERSON
The Dallas Morning News

MILTON, Scotland - (KRT) - Donna Cooper still has no idea why her normally obedient border collie, Ben, leaped to his death this spring off a tall rural bridge in Milton without any warning or apparent rationale. "Ben's feet never touched the wall," she said, referring to the waist-high, 18-inch-thick barrier that has been hurdled - inexplicably and with a near certainty of death - by scores of dogs during the past three decades. "He just went straight over."

Maybe it's the whistle of the wind from distant Loch Lomond, or the fabled "white lady" who is said to haunt an adjacent mansion or the rustle of tree branches next to a nearby waterfall.

Nobody knows for sure, but something strange is causing dogs to jump off the Overtoun Estate bridge, west of Glasgow, at an alarming rate. Most are killed by the 60-foot fall or are so severely injured that veterinarians must put them to sleep. Others have survived, only to come back and try again.

The mystery has prompted investigations by an animal behaviorist and the Scottish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. Even a group of paranormal researchers visited recently. None has found a plausible explanation.

"Dogs don't commit suicide. People do," said Joyce Stuart, a professional animal behaviorist with 16 years of experience. "Dogs are survivors, born survivors. Everything dogs do is for a reason. ... They're not stupid like we are."

strange

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Hey,

We had a Discussion last week abou that "Suicide Dog Bridge" Here:

Dog Suicide Bridge in Scotland

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
thanks hun, can't believe i missed that one, but website related isn't exactly the forum i would have expected to be in, so i didn't look there

can a mod please trash this

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Can just close to help direct traffic and prevent further repeats.

new topics

top topics

join