It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object near the moon tonight?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Well I'm from Essendon, near the Essendon airport.
The object next to the moon was red 2 hours later, that's what struck me as wierd.

yeh that is weird.
Seeing a lot more activity in general of late.

I'll be looking up all this month thats for sure.

xu

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ingolf
Nice one.. Looks almost like a mirrored Turkish flag

the story of that flag is, after a battle, upon seeing the reflection of the crescent moon and a star next to it, on the lake of blood that is covering the battlefield , they decided to use it as the symbol of the flag. I guess venus and moon aligns in such a way at least every 3 years or so( it could be every month though I dont know), because I remember seeing this before 3 years ago.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   
QUICK!
One_small_step! Look at the moon right now, the star is VERY close to it and is on the RIGHT SIDE!
What's with that? Please take a picture of it!! I wish I had a camera, I've never seen this before.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The Moon moves, Venus moves, and Jupiter moves. Why did I include Jupiter? Because last night it was Jupiter that was near the Moon, to the right of it. Right alongside the Moon though was also the bright star, Spica.

The reason things shimmer, or scintillate, more when they are close to the horizon is because there is more atmosphere for the light to pass through. As it passes through the atmosphere it hits dust and gas and the light shifts to the redder end of the spectrum.

Now that I typed that, I think I already explained it in this thread... Yes, I did.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I saw a strange light last night, really bright like when you see a plane coming towards you with its full beams on, thought nothing of it at this stage. Then began to turn and get fainter, still thought nothing of it as this would be the case if the beams were turned away from me. However I then noticed it was turning away and up, still couldnt make out any flashing lights for a typical airplanes lights on its wings. Light became fainter and fainter until it was gone, this going from the brightest thing in the sky to nothing all in around 5-10 seconds.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It's Mars! Watch the sky near the moon on the night of August 28. Mars will be big and bright. It won't do this for another 2,000+ years!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
It's Mars! Watch the sky near the moon on the night of August 28. Mars will be big and bright. It won't do this for another 2,000+ years!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had heard that this was an urban legand and not true. I hope that it is true because it would be wonderful to witness a celestial event that will not be seen for another 2 millenia.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join