Suppression of technology?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
A number of things become evident to me when I consider the possibility of a no need for oil society. Take this as hypothetical since nothing (?) points to the contrary.
Aside (for the moment) from the megabucks and the monopoly the elite few have as hold over us, if we had a major discovery that breaks through all the known barriers of science and current technology, would a government allow it to come to fruition?

I ask this since I am of the opinion that advanced technology could exist and yet would be suppressed under various dogma's,... first and foremost of these would be National Security, followed by greed, power, keeping the balance of haves/have nots etc.

By way of explanation let me give you an example of what the political/social repercussions would be if we discovered free energy via a perpetual motion device. Science says it can't be done (... and we all still seek it) however, for the sake of argument here lets say it can.

Politically, a government needs to control it's people and its borders for security purposes. A perpetual motion device would develop into levitation with no need for fuel. Without a need to stop for fuel and not being limited to ground travel, how could you keep a border when everyone would be free to travel ...where-ever?
A NWO might have this vision in mind by controlling the entire world... Demonstrating the viability of a device to foreign nations would get them to go along with the NWO since it would be the way of the future and how could you defend against anyone who can come and go as they pleased?

It would also herald a one world economy with us all playing the same field with the same currency. Aside from the numerous means that could be employed to achieve this end lets just take it as a given, that we all use the same "world dollar" and that those who had dollars to begin with would naturally hold more than a sizeable share in the NWO to come. This alone is a reason to get as much as they can now while they still had that edge. (oil)

The benefits of a one world order would eliminate wars, and the trillions militarily spent world-wide by various governments could be put to better use like advancing our technological database on more than a weapons first basis. This would be a sociological plus but could also be a minus if you consider that the world goes through major war (by design or circumstance is a good question) every so often to thin out our over-population that minimal (and dwindling) resources can't take care of.

Levitation would lead to inter-stellar travel and we could reach beyond our present day limitations for expanding our explorations on a cosmic scale.

And yet, would a NWO be willing to give up that hold over the masses? Would we as a race be accepted by ET's lets say when we can't even get along with each other? Would a foreign power even be willing to give up their hold on their own people?

In view of the above hypotheticals, would a new technology even be allowed to come into being, or would all governments seek to suppress it no matter the cost in terms of global harming?
Does a government, any government care about "ordinary" people? Would there be pre-requisites for existence such as IQ, productivity, compassion towards others? (to name a few)
How would you decide? I'm not asking for a debate on free energy/perpetual motion/levitation, I'm just curious as to who can solve this type of problem... or adapt to it. ... and what if its not hypothetical?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Many great technologies have been created but the ruling elite have them suppressed. They have killed many scientists and destroyed many labs to keep people quiet. The only way to get it out would be to release it on a mass scale instantly and you wouldn't be allowed to patent it either. They have complete control of the patent office so if your invention is any good they won't give you a patent. Greed is the poison that will kill this world unless all minds evolve to a higher more understanding level.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
There is definitly too much to loose for the ideals of our government in the event of anything of great significance. However i think you would have to be ignorant to not think that our "almighty government" doesn't already have a piece of it. I garuantee that the benifit of all humanity isn't on their agenda. Also i believe that the U.S. is the beholder of the great technology and we are dispensing it to places on the earth that will hold great significance. The NWO that is widely spoken of is extremely fesable. Its the way that evolution and technology combining is pushing human kind. Especially with the great marvels in communication. And essenstially thats all you need. Is to be able to connect from point a to point b in a complete instant to make that happen.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
You are definitely correct about new technology being suppressed. In 1990, a 12.5 megahertz computer was just being introduced by AT&T www.att.com... That same year, Art Bell had a guest on his radio program who used to work for AT&T and also Lucent Technologies. He said that at that time, AT&T had computers up and running that operated at 1000 megahertz. Even Art Bell was incredulous to this statement. The guest stated that AT&T would not release the technology yet though, because it stood to make more money if it were released a little at a time.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by craig732]

ed to fix link

[edit on 8-8-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Thanks for your input guys. The irony here is that everyone searches for that "Holy Grail" of science and yet once found it would probably lead to Armageddon. If one government found it the others would try to prevent R&D to keep the status quo, if all governments had it, there would be opposition since not every government has the resources to develop it as quickly. Lose/Lose ... is there a win/win? I don't think there is in our society.

Enter the NWO and we are all under the same government but as I earlier stated, who gets to remain when it becomes a logistical problem?

The planet-ruling one government would no doubt make this transition to power through war since its doubtful all governments would accept any other rule so there would be time before it became a problem... and yet this "culling" of human life has been going on ever since our numbers started to impair our ability to sustain. Is war a necessary evil, or if man was ready to move on a stellar scale would we all pull towards that same goal?
It would still require resources but like a bio-dome, we could build craft that were self replenishing. I haven't followed the bio-dome projects very closely other than knowing their goals but I hadn't heard if they even worked over an extended period of time.

I guess you could call me a futurist in that I look to the future to solve the problems of today. Problem is, can we overcome our past/present? Without divine intervention I have my doubts. It's all about money, not life. Kind of sad to think we spend more and more to take more and more...
a conspiracy against mankind?

just another sign of the times.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Keybored,

Good afternoon...some technologies yes, undoubtedly, are being suppressed..
technologies such as Cold Fusion were masked for many years.
This happens to be a prime example due to the implications of the existence
of this technology. The implications to the oil and power industries is mind crippling.

However one thing I would like to point out is that, there are times, when stifling
a technology (whether by choice or ignorance) can be a good thing. As an example I would
like to use an exerpt from the Defense Tech Web site on the DARPA Program called Real-World Reasoning

DARPA WANTS YOUR LIFE INDEXABLE AND SEARCHABLE
It's a memory aid! A robotic assistant! An epidemic detector! An all-seeing, ultra-intrusive spying program!

The Pentagon is about to embark on a stunningly ambitious research project designed to gather every conceivable bit of information about a person's life, index it and make it searchable.

What national security experts and civil libertarians want to know is, why the hell would the Defense Department want to do such a thing?

The embryonic LifeLog program would take every e-mail you've sent or received, every picture you've taken, every web page you've surfed, every phone call you've had, every TV show you've watched, every magazine you've read, and dump it into a giant database.

All of this -- and more -- would be combined with a GPS transmitter, to keep tabs on where you're going; audio-visual sensors, to capture all that you see or say; and biomedical monitors, to keep track of your health.

This gigantic amalgamation of personal information could then be used to "trace the 'threads' of an individual's life," to see exactly how a relationship or events developed, according to a briefing from the Defense Advanced Projects Research Agency, LifeLog's sponsor.

If anyone wishes to read the rest of the article it can be found here
www.defensetech.org...

Of greatest concern to me is what they call their LifeLog program and the already in place
TIA (Total Information Awareness now renamed to Terrorist Information Awareness) program.

If THIS type of technology were to come to fruition I'd say we should go back to stone wheels.
I dont believe we need newer or cleaner technology to bring us to Armageddon
our basic nature will do that for us. Instead perhaps a reversal is in order to "level the field"
with respect to technology.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Wow thats scary. not like it suprises me though.

I strongly recommend everyone interested in alternative energy such as Free energy, Zero point energy and nuclear propulsion to watch the Disclosure Project press conference. They are a group of hundreds of witnesses from the US secret and not so secret armed forces. Even radar operators are coming forward and testifying to witnesses of encounters with Et's. There have been numerouse account of ET's disarming nuclear warheads as well as steeling nukes of the Americas. Using pencil thin beams of light. Sounds whacky but if you watch the vid the disclosure projeect is the most credible evidence base case for free energy and et's.

They claim they have the technology and could recreate free energy from what they have learned. They also know that the powers that be what to weaponise space. Which is the most scary and devestating thing they could do. Variouse witnesses say that contact has been made and they are a peaceful race. However god knows what george bush has in store for them when he gets his lasers up there. U get me?

They have also catalogued 57 types of ET. It's all beliveable reliable stuff. Everything is backed up with documents and testimonys.

www.disclosureproject.org

There u go. Now go learn!

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   

They have also catalogued 57 types of ET.

How can I get/see them??

Thanks

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
They don't just some out with information of that sort, that simpily. For a start it was a testimony of variouse people who worked on the recovering and examining of bodys. He said they had dead and alive aliens. These are all credible official people who are coming to the end of their lives and feel that it is finally time to disclose.

Check it for yourself

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
with the implication of a NWO the technological out put would be set aside for security purposes, the government is monitored by ET's and the reversed engineered supercrafts have been put on lay away for the sake of a few measily dollars. with the total number of US occupied countries remains at a staggering 70 bases that must tell you something, our technological supremessy is pushing the ratifacation of world democracy to the back burners as the enginieering of R&D industry infrastructure compartments across the globe brings hope of a self sufficient world wide government, a substantiall new world order will be able to be set in place, given the proper allocation of fund. enter the grand united states of corperate complicite indulgance.

[edit on 30-8-2005 by sturod84]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Ive often thought about technological suppression and ways to get around it. In the end I figured the following and came to my conclusion that this would be the only thing I could do.

Lets say I invented a form of Fusion allowing for high energy yeilds at low temeratures using common household items. (Cold fusion if you like).

Know knowing that my idea is very likely to be suppressed i.e. by the oil moguls, governemnt, I would do the following. During the development it would be very very important to keep the idea to myself/close friends. Upon completion of my idea I would do the following. Launch a blanket attack through as many communication channels as possible concurrently and overwealm any censorship attemps through sheer weight in numbers. I would flood conspiracy forums with my idea, universities, newpapers, embasies of foreign countries such as China (free energy, they will sit up and listen) scientific journals, local newspapers. I would handout flyers in the street. I would send the technology to big companies, car companies and additionaly I wouldn't patent it. If I wanted my invention to change the world, it would be unlikely that I could to it for my own gain. I would also try and figure out several ways to produce the reactions meaning that if one method is patented I would realease another. (Heck if Im bright enough to figure out cold fusion I can sure as hell figure out several methods of doing it!)

Truth be told Im not too sure about the whole technological suppression thing. Its very hard to do. Also alternatives already exist which have not been surpressed. In Brazil for example their cars are fueled by sugar cane and alchohol produced from it. Why don't we do that in the UK? Well a new energy distribution infastructure would be massivly difficult to implement. Engines would need to be modified and we would also have to grow large ammounts of sugar cane. Bio Diesel would also work in the UK but there is another reason that hasn't been done. 1stly its the whole infrastructure thing followed closely by the fact that it wouldn't sell because the Governemnt would levvy the same massive tax rates on Bio Diesal as it does for fossil fuels meaning that there would be no incentive to switch as the prices of petrol and bio fules would essentially be the same for Mr Joe Average. (Shows that the Government is full of BS when it comes to the environment) It is in this country a case of economics (Im speaking about the UK in case anyone is wondering). If your interested in alternative energy look up bio diesel. Its so easy to produce it defies belief!

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
There are people that have harnesses the technology of free energy and have ran cars and powered engines. Certain groups tour the world doing seminars and speeches even after being intimadated and arrested for telling people. One guy got locked up for 2 years.

I belive theres a video called Race to zero point with many people carrying out zero point energy

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
"sci-fi" Technologies has exist in Real Life for Decades but they all has suppressed by Profit Hungry Capitalists and by Capitalist owned mainstream media they all treated as Science Fiction to show people they don't exist in real life and all that people can do is fantasize it.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Everything that Our Civilization Needs to become Type 1 Is Suppressed by Plutocrats.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Man, you guys keep jumping all around the obvious argument.

Technological suppression prevents a technological singularity, or the way in which peoples lives are changed forever by technology. Easy examples are fire, the wheel, metallurgy, computers, internet, etc.

But there is one worse than the nuclear bomb for the majority of the world and that is robots. I'm not talking about sentient killing machines like in the Terminator, but just regular work robots.

How is that? Well they would begin to do all the lower jobs that people do as in agriculture, manufacturing, construction, etc. These are jobs traditionally left for the masses for varying reasons. If robots were to do them, then what do you do with all those masses?

Now whats a politician to do? On the one hand he needs to provide jobs to his constituents (masses), and the other hand he wants to please his business owners who are salivating over the opportunity to get around wages and health care once and for all.

Huge problem. Easy answer... just don't ever build them. Squash whatever leads to them: long life batteries, AI, and really advanced robotic engineering.

Its a number problem folks.

Now, if 5 billion people all of a sudden turn up dead, then its all good.

Think about it.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
No , no , since most labor will then be automated we could be given a stipend , should demand a stipend , hefty too , like the Alaska Permanent Fund. Then people would be free to do what they want but still get paid , some could use the free time to invent more whacky things. Depopulation and Eugenics are a failure of humanity , I believe diversity is good , the more the merrier. We cannot live on this planet forever we must expand our horizons , where we will need those billions of people (possibly quadrillions or more) and natural genetic diversity.

I believe this would be a better answer than to stifle progress.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The suppression of such technology is IMO a blow to the entire consumer base.

Slowly over time, consumers get more dependent on whatever past technology being spoken of, and are losing "real money" by the increased prices.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Suppression.
Yeah, tell me about it.
I just heard Mustard cures cancers.
I'm buying a Mustard company.
Get some real return on my money.

The people with the doe ray me hold the 'advanced' technology and
the or some government section is helping.

Considering one genesis the technology started in America, went to
Germany and came back to America.

Possible generator of such high frequency using liquid gases or even
air that re freezes, a non Relativistic ether intensive process, the
piston breaks. Yeah just a free energy story attributed to Tesla
and left off where he stopped.

People finally wanted to know more when Tesla left us only to
have the development labs locked away.

Suppression with a capital S.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Long Life Batteries also get suppressed too by Capitalism

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The Only Technology that need to be Suppressed is A.I.!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join