It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where would Islamic nations be without the West?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7th_Chakra
Americanmadman,

BTW, I've been to Egypt and the Pyramids. I have seen the outskirts of the Sahara. If you were stuck in the middle of that desert with no roads, a Camel would be more valuable to you then any car on Earth.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by 7th_Chakra]

I have been there as well, thank you.

Not all of us yanks stay in Nebraska shucking corn all our lives.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, I was visiting - GASP - a muslim friend there

[edit on 8-8-2005 by American Mad Man]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Americanmad,

Fair enough, we could go on and on but thats my bit for this thread.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
No wait...

I stand corrected...

This is the stupidest thread I've read all week!

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The Arabs and middle Easterners would, like the Africans, be killing each other beyond count. Western involvement halted and stopped many tribal wars and conflicts amongst neighbors in these regions. I suppose without the west, depending on how far you go back, the Arabs would be trading African slaves like they were hundreds of years before the West.

Arabic math and technologies is too tainted in theft and borrowing. They were on the crossroads between East(China and others) and the West(Europe). They learnt what they had through information traveling back and forth. Which is why today there are no middleeastern schools that foreigners are flocking to.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Western involvement halted and stopped many tribal wars and conflicts amongst neighbors in these regions.

Oh really? Name a few for us? The US has been screwing around with this reigon playing regime change games since Barbary, and the 'West' has been invading and killing people there for a thousand years. Check your map, last I saw of any news, we were over there, not visa versa. As I said before this thread is naught but biggotry, to which I would ethnocentrisim. The indisputable fact of the matter is that most people are just that, people who worry about paying bills, feeding kids, getting to work, and having food in their bellies. The only reason you guys hate arabs is the slef same reason you hated russians a few decades before, propoganda, rhetoric, and generalizations that border on sensationalism and biggotry.
And really as far as the US is concerned, if we had just wrote a check for our oil like everybody else does and left the zionists to fight their own wars, we wouldn't be worried about being the target of international terrorism.

[edit on 9-8-2005 by twitchy]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
No wait...

I stand corrected...

This is the stupidest thread I've read all week!

So say we all

Netchicken, were you high when you started this thread??

Instead of using positive scientific advancements to unite mankind, here some used it to divide humanity with their arrogance.
How sad

The positive contributions on all sides have created the good we have in the world everywhere; the negative ones and the misuse of science, combined with arrogance, greed, lust for power and superiority complex have been our downfall through the ages on all sides.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Islam seems a repressive religion stifling development, I would suspect that things would be the same as 500 / 1000 years ago.

This entire thread is so sad
You could say just the same about any religion these days.

I for one cannot believe this guys is a super-moderator around here

[edit on 9-8-2005 by XyZeR]

[edit on 9-8-2005 by XyZeR]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
If Reagan/Bush had stayed out of Islam instead of trying to indoctrinate and arm it as a religious ally of Christo-Capitalism against Soviet "atheism" we wouldn't be facing that which we created today.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Oh really? Name a few for us?

Slave Trade.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
We can easily say that if Islam had not been around the West would probably be similar to today. The underlying ethos and development seem unafected by Islam, except for the wars and destruction caused by the Muslim invasions.

However where would the Islamic countries be without the West?

If they are barely literate, barely technological now, and that by copying or stealing techology from the west, what would they be like if they had no contact with the west? Still in the middle ages?

Islam seems a repressive religion stifling development, I would suspect that things would be the same as 500 / 1000 years ago.

[edit on 7-8-2005 by Netchicken]

Most of the world is illiterate, untechological and still believes in witchcraft. Most of Asia and Africa, and lots of places in Southern America and Europe still live in a kind of 'middle ages', without electricity and other things we take for granted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join