It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top ten ways to destroy the Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I've read quite a few opinions here about how the Earth will be destroyed, so when I ran across this article on just what it would take I had to share it.

All you need is two and a half trillion tonnes of anti-matter

The article is very informative and has some really wild idea's. I hope you'll take the time to check out:

The top ten ways to destroy planet Earth

Now, do you have any other ways that might work? Just curious.

Wupy

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

This is a guide for those who do not want the Earth to be there anymore.

Interesting, how did you find this website? Also, I think this may have been more suitable in the Fragile Earth forum.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Fun. I will have to add that list to my "things to do next" list and get right on it. I am rather fond of number 10 where I can just twiddle my thumbs.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Very interesting.

It's good to know our home is so resilient,but I'd still like to see the tenants taking better care of her.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
hehe... Mars is a blunt instrument! I also like the opening phrase: This is for people who want Earth to just not be there. Hehe... a light bulb can destroy Earth. Well I'm gonna sign off and go destroy some lightbulbs.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I vote for the mass driver. *Goes off to find a shovel.*
The article is pretty creative, wish they had more though.

[edit on 8/13/2005 by Lifeadventurer]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Yea, when I found this it surprised me at how tough old Mother Earth actually is. It seems somebody knew what they were doing when they built her

Wupy

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
As attractive as some of these scenarios are, the practical me has to go with the von Neumann machines. Since it may be achievable by mid-century, it fits into my calendar.

Thanks for a great thread!

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I don't view "Mother Earth" as being tough. Instead, I view our planet as being incredibly lucky -- a statistical anamoly among planets. Of course time is on the side of the chaotic forces of the Universe. Logic tells us that it is only a matter of time before a killer meteor crosses the Earth's orbit. Or maybe it will be the eruption of one of our planet's super-volcanoes; i.e. Yellowstone that will be our death-knell. My own personal favorite is the eradication of all life on the planet because of gamma ray bursts from the collision of a binary neutron star a mere 3.000 light years away. Any way you slice it, we are certainly lucky (or maybe Someone is watching out for us?)

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I don't view "Mother Earth" as being tough. Instead, I view our planet as being incredibly lucky -- a statistical anamoly among planets. Of course time is on the side of the chaotic forces of the Universe. Logic tells us that it is only a matter of time before a killer meteor crosses the Earth's orbit. Or maybe it will be the eruption of one of our planet's super-volcanoes; i.e. Yellowstone that will be our death-knell. My own personal favorite is the eradication of all life on the planet because of gamma ray bursts from the collision of a binary neutron star a mere 3.000 light years away. Any way you slice it, we are certainly lucky (or maybe Someone is watching out for us?)

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
And the No.1 way to destroy the Earth is.....drumrolls.....add humans.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

Even if a supervolcano erupts it won't kill the planet. If gamma rays wipe out all life the earth will recover and go on. Even if we get smashed with a giant asteroid, yeppers, the Earth keeps right on moving along.

It may kill all life, atleast for awhile, but with the exception of the gamma ray thing all of these things have occurred already and planet Earth is still going and going...like that bunny

Wupy

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
An asteroid could end it all if it was big and/or fast enough.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Does it list the dreaded "W" device to be installed in Washington for enough time?

top topics

join