It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's secret bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
While it is undoubtedly true that Presidents Eisenhower and Kennedy were opposed to Israeli acquisition of nuclear weapons (How the UK gave Israel the bomb, August 4), later US administrations and their Nato allies have adopted policies of secret, and then more overt, cooperation with Israel.

Knowing nuclear weapons are only as effective as their delivery systems, they have made sophisticated systems available to Israel. According to the Monterey Institute, as well as 50 Jericho 2 missiles targeted at the Middle East, Israel has also Ra'am planes (range 4,500km) and Shavit space launchers (4,800 km) that have the capability to strike targets in the EU, western Russia and north Africa, as well as central and south Asia.

During his presidency, Clinton allowed Israel to acquire the supercomputers needed to operate these delivery systems. In addition, Israel has recently purchased from Germany Dolphin submarines that could be used to provide a second-strike nuclear capability. Israel already has some cruise missiles and is seeking long-range Tomahawk weapons from the US. On past form, it will probably be successful in acquiring or developing these. There has also been intensive cooperation between Israel and the US on militarisation of space programmes, such as Arrow.

Israel has been allowed to opt out of the non-proliferation treaty, while acquiring all of these weapons and delivery systems of mass destruction.

Source:
Guardian Unlimited

While on one side, the United States are very Strict about the Iran's plans to make Nuclear Weapons - they helped Isreal to Modernize its Nuclear Arsenal even more. Thanks to Clinton Administration, now capable of striking targets in EU, Russia and South Asia.

Recently they are even working on a Ballistic Missiles Submarine - which is point to one thing only: that Isreal wants to be World Wide Nuclear Superpower, and not just the only State in the Middle East with Nuclear Capabilities.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This is true about Israel's nuclear program, but look at where they are geographically, ther are surrounded on all sides by states that would destroy them. Nuclear deterrent works to safeguard israel.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
This is true about Israel's nuclear program, but look at where they are geographically, ther are surrounded on all sides by states that would destroy them. Nuclear deterrent works to safeguard israel.

You mean also to have Nuclear Missiles that can Reach Europe, Russia and South Asia?

How are THEY Threatening Isreal?

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
They have done more than simply threaten Jews in the past.

Israel is a stable, representative government. As a matter of fact, considering it is surrounded by people who are abnormally driven to destroy her, I'd say Israel has more than earned the right to have whatever weapon necessary to insure her survival.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
They have done more than simply threaten Jews in the past.

Who do you mean?

Europe? Russia? Countries in Southern Asia?

Israel is a stable, representative government. As a matter of fact, considering it is surrounded by people who are abnormally driven to destroy her, I'd say Israel has more than earned the right to have whatever weapon necessary to insure her survival.

Isreal is STABLE? Yes Ofcourse. That's why the PM Sleeps with a Gun Under his Pillow.

The real Question is, if these countires that are "abnormally driven to destroy her" would still be acting like that, if the Palestine wasn't given to the newly formed Isreali State.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If war ever breaks out, your enemies will have allies. It could range anywhere from China to America.
Sometimes weapons like these can put muscle where your mouth is.

As you can see, their aren't many nations that like Isreal.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Why is is every thread you make centers around directly/indirectly bashing the u.s and or isreal? it seems as if you spend alot of time searching for something for anything that fits this criteria...

Its kinda sad when you think about it, i mean all that hate and anger cant be good for you..

[edit on 7-8-2005 by C0le]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
Why is is every thread you make centers around directly/indirectly bashing the u.s and or isreal? it seems as if you spend alot of time searching for something for anything that fits this criteria...

Its kinda sad when you think about it, i mean all that hate and anger cant be good for you..

[edit on 7-8-2005 by C0le]

I asked him a similar question in his "Hiroshima Coverup" thread, which went unanswered on his part. For some reason he refuses to research or report on atrocities committed by Communist China, Russia, Middle Eastern nations, etc, etc. He seems only interested in the alleged actions of the United States, Israel and Great Britain. He completely ignored my questions about Japan's Bataan Death March and their experimenting on Chinese civilians with chemical and biological weapons. Not to mention Japan's killing of some 17 million Asians, most of them civilians, from 1937-1941.

Souljah... we get the point that you're not a fan of the American or Israeli government. But if you ever expect to have an ounce of credibility, and if you TRULY care about the suffering of innocent people, then maybe you should report on the REAL atrocities of the 20th century, such as those committed by Pal Pot, Stalin, Hitler, Saddam, Amin, and so on. Instead you wish to focus on the alleged and very often exaggerated reports of injustice carried out by the American military, against TERRORISTS and EXTREMISTS, during a time of war!

Just some friendly advice for my good buddy Souljah!

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
By the way, with the recent ATS deportation of Professional Hate Monger, SiberianTiger, I think that Souljah has taken the top spot of the Jew-haters here on ATS. Congratulations, Souljah! You should be receiving your white cloak and Iron Cross in the mail very shortly!

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
By the way, with the recent ATS deportation of Professional Hate Monger, SiberianTiger, I think that Souljah has taken the top spot of the Jew-haters here on ATS. Congratulations, Souljah! You should be receiving your white cloak and Iron Cross in the mail very shortly!

Crap, I better watch my back then, them Tulipwalkers wan't me gone also.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Yes, Souljah, I was referring to the areas you mentioned.

AS far as Palestine, Jordan is Palestine. AS far as the "Palestinians", they were treated as Israeli citizens, before they left their homes because the rest of the Arab world attacked Israel, remember? Come to think of it, until those people could be used as pawns by the Arab/Muslim world, it was an insult for an Arab to be called a Palestinian as that was genreally thought of as a Jewish person of that area. And, as a matter of fact, Israel has been attacked more than once, unless my memory is wrong; and it isn't. What you really mean is, if the Israelis would merely up and throw themselves into the sea, they wouldn't be persecuted. Or, if they'd simply convert to Islam, or pay Jizya and live under the oppresion that goes along with that option, or if they'd simply allow themselves to be killed, they'd be okay.

So, what kind of Muslim are you, sneaking into Sharon's bedroom and scoping out what's under his pillow? Sounds kind of strange to me. Or, did he call you and tell you this? Besides, I sleep with an AK 2 feet from me; does that make my neighborhood unstable?

Edited due to pathetic typing skills.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Out of all the countries in the middle east Israel is the country that most needs nuclear weapons. On the other hand they don't cos they have wiped the floor with every Arab army that has ever stood up to them. I don't see why it would be any different now.

Actually I do. Arabs despise weakness and to have these weapons shows that Israel is strong. It also stops people from Iran from saying to Syria, launch your chemical weapon first strike capability and to Hezbullah, destroy northern Israel with your rockets. Iran may not do this, but at least the weapons are there showing that if they do try anything they will be the ones that will be punished.

Incidently, this is another thing that really gets the arabs goats up, the double standard of the US. Israel can have nukes but Iran can't. Hmm, prehaps the arabs should be a little nicer to the west, all this terrorism and everything and prehaps we should be a bit nicer to the arabs, all this Iraq business and supporting really really corrupt regeimes and yes Im talking about the House of Saud who live a life of such excess it would make Fatty Arbuckle blush. (oh and by the way, I say arabs, but I know that Iranians are in fact persians)

Incidently, it is worth considering that Israel has had these weapons for many years and the only time it has threatened to use them were in the 1991 Gulf war when Mr Hussain started to lob scuds into Israel. I believe the threat was, if just one of those is biological then Bahgdad will become a steaming lake of bubbling molten glass. Just something Im throwing out there...

[edit on 8-8-2005 by enslaved83]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
So can you get banned for criticising the Arab world, just as much as if you would criticise Israel?

Why should Israel have whatever it is she wants to ensure her survival, as one poster put it? Is this because she is allies with America, or is it because she has pretty eyes? Really, i do not understand the distinction some people make between countries that want to develop their nuclear capabilities, and countries that want to develop their nuclear capabilities.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
He completely ignored my questions about Japan's Bataan Death March and their experimenting on Chinese civilians with chemical and biological weapons. Not to mention Japan's killing of some 17 million Asians, most of them civilians, from 1937-1941.

Maybe because you were of topic?

Cheers

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
From the end of the World War 2 on, the United States and the rest of the West are responsible for yet another half Century of War.

These events include World War I, the 1929 stock market crash and subsequent depression, the rise of Hitler and the subsequent World War II, the Marshall Plan and subsequent never-ending "foreign aid," the Vietnamese War and LBJ's Great Society, followed in quick order by Nixon's separation of the dollar from gold and the 1974 "Oil Shock," the creation of the massive Third World debt, the buildup of the massive U.S. national debt in the 1980's, and last but not least, George Bush's Gulf War.

It's all about the Money Ladies and Gentleman - all these Wars you saw and you see Today. Nothing more, Nothing less...

Following the war, Britain and France carved up the Middle East (by prior secret wartime agreement), Britain obtaining "protectorate" status over Palestine (Israel) and the important oil-producing areas, especially Iraq. Their protectorate over Palestine set the stage for their planned later creation in that area of a Jewish homeland, which intent was proclaimed to British Zionists in a letter from Britain's Foreign Secretary Arthur Balfour to Walter Lord Rothschild, representing the English Federation of Zionists. The letter became known as the Balfour Declaration, which was not implemented until after World War 2. The British intent was to project their control into the oil-laden Middle East by creating a Jewish-dominated Palestine, beholden to Britain for survival, and surrounded by a pack of squabbling, balkanized Arab states.

And this is how the Empire really works. The Western corporativism at its best. All wars in Middle East that we see today and we saw yesterday are a bi-product of these Stupid White Men, that want the world for themselves. They came to this area and started to divide and conquer, started to fragmentize and started to create protectorats such as Palestine. Anglo-American politics are directly responsible for all the Middle East conflicts after WW2. They are directly responsible for birth of International Terrorism, they are directly responsible for the huge and poor area known as the Third World.

That's why there is a Western Protectorat called Isreal in the Heart of the Middle East.

That's why Isreal enjoys such support from United States and Endless Money Support, while Palestinian people receive NOTHING.

That's why American and Iraqi people are Dying on daily basis in downtown Baghdad.

That's why International Terrorism was Born.

And to answer mister Thomas Crowne - Isreali PM Sleep with a Gun under his Pillow, because he is AFRAID of MILITANT JEWS not Arabs killing him. Nice Country, ey? So STABILE.

WAR: Israel braces for clashes after militant Jew kills four Arabs

And to Rasputin13 - I find the Joke with the white cloak and the iron cross Really Offensive - we're you in trying to Compare me with those Nazi KKK's in your Pathetic joke? Really "Nice" of you.

[edit on 8/8/05 by Souljah]

new topics

top topics

join