It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Benefits From False/Misleading Info Covertly Presented to Public?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The intent of this thread is to acknowledge how and why the government would benefit by covertly presenting and contributing false and misleading information and evidence to the arena of the general public in support of the existance of ufos and/or aliens.

These are ideas seldom discussed, but necessary if one is to logically look at all angles of the topic, at least to be prepared for the arguement.

The poster's intent is not to argue if ufos and aliens exists, not to argue if they have or have not been visiting/intervening, not to argue if the government has or has not made attempts to mislead us in any way, either way!

The purposeful intent of this thread is merely to logically come up with answers to the following questions, and acknowledge what arguements can be made in support of the idea that the government can and does benefit from such propaganda:

1) Why would the government covertly present evidence and information that is false/misleading or true in support of ufos/aliens existing and have been visiting/intervening to the general public?

2) How would the government benefit by covertly presenting false/misleading information/evidence that supports the case that ufos/aliens exist and have been visiting/intervening to the public.

3) Would such lengths and measures be worth the effort necessary to balance out cost effectiveness?

Below is a quote from the thread "FEMA fire fighters guide (the UFO Chapter):

Originally posted by FEMA

I will agree that in the heat of responding they could have been mistaken. But all of them? Unless these incidents were government-staged for the benefit of demonstrating a technological superiority to an outside government who happened across such an incident report, it seems unlikely that such lengths would be taken. After all, there are far bigger and better arenas to publically showcase such technological propaganda.

Could you consider my post and give me your feelings? In advance E Teacher, thank you for your time and considered thoughts.

I in no way intend to argue this point either way. My personal feelings will be put aside, and I'll let logic take the drivers seat.

I agree it would be beneficial to at least consider for the sake of arguement the following question, primarily because it is necessary to do so in order for all sides to acknowledge the possibility:

*** How would the government benefit by covertly presenting false evidence and knowledge pertaining to U.F.O.s and aliens? ***

would such great lengths be worth taking for the following reasons?

1) Our nation depends on an entirely volunteer military. It would serve our nation to intice curious intellectuals who quest after the biggest questions, which is to say: The military would be more apt to get people with higher I.Q.s, because this is where the biggest secrets in the world are.

2) For our enemies and potential enemies to believe the possibility that we have technology that is "out of this world", literally, would serve as the best deterant, EVER! They would be far more relunctant to attack us. -- sidenote: interesting how the 1947 ufo crash in the USA coincides with the 2nd world power obtaining the atomic bomb and nuclear capabilities --

What arguements can you come up with that would support how it would be beneficial for the U.S. to covertly provide/present the world populas with the belief we know about ufos, and aliens?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
OK.

Let us assume either:

1) no one has considered how the government would benifit from introducing information that supports E.T.

or

2) Everyone has narrowed their viewpoints to such a refined belief that this would be too many steps back.

How can anyone seriously take ufology seriously without addressing these arguements. It seems only logical to dismiss every possible alternative before expecting the world populas to believe that the reptilians are controlling the NWO, which is an organization devoid of names.

No One can see the signifigance of adressing these arguements to support the arguements' own validity?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I think as soon as you mention goverment and coverup most people turn a deaf ear to it. I would be very surprised to find someone who was not aware of a cover up in terms of not just ufos/aliens but of everyday events by the goverment. I hardly think ufo's and aliens are the exception. I also think most people are gonna be able to look at todays technology and compare it to their parents or grandparents tech and see that there if is a huge exceleration curve going on. Man has advanced more in the last 50-60 years then in the last few hundred years on this planet and that rate keeps speeding up. I think most people are gonna be able to tell you there is something up. They may not be able to put a name to it but they know.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The government is definitly making money off of us....whether a source of that comes from false/misleading info is indeed an arguement on its own. However, i think its the exact opposite. Unless the government was getting paid by someone or "something" else there is no possible way they could be profiting from that. I think that they are spending huge portions of money to keep the raps on things down. I believe that we are being blind folded to the actual degree in which mankind is capable of accomplishing in the technological field, which in that essence would grace all other fields. But they do have (my opinion) something going on that is above and beyond suspicious. The truth always comes through, in some way or another. Whether it already has and we have not percieved it yet, or we have a rude awaking coming to us we will find out in due time.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whompa1

I also think most people are gonna be able to look at todays technology and compare it to their parents or grandparents tech and see that there if is a huge exceleration curve going on. Man has advanced more in the last 50-60 years then in the last few hundred years on this planet and that rate keeps speeding up. I think most people are gonna be able to tell you there is something up. They may not be able to put a name to it but they know.

Agreed.
5,200 B.C. ---- First tablets representing horse drawn carriages
1902 A.D. ----- First mass production of the automobile

Summary:
7,102 years of using horse drawn carriages to get from point A to point B, then 43 years later we are splitting atoms, 24 years after that we are walking on the moon.

But, let's not get side tracked.

My intentions for this post is to simply pose how the government benefits from the belief that ufos and aliens exist, and the presumption they know something.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Nathabeanz-

I thank you for the contribution. Perhaps it is not what the government gains from others, but what they stand to loose.

At any rate, how specifically does the government gain from misinformation concerning proof of existance of ufos/aliens or proof against the existance of ufos/aliens.

Does it benefit the government that the populas of the world believes in ufos/aliens and thinks the U.S. knows something?

Does it better serve the intentions of the U.S. to keep denying any knowledge of ufos/aliens?

Do the people ultimatley decide when the deception either way ends?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
While this may not be on topic, (what is this topic about anyways?) man has had the same mental ability for thousands of years.

Of course there are questions as to why we came up with so many things so quickly.

We have always had the same instincts and abilities. We have always been hunters. We have always ate food, drank water.

We have drawn on walls, we have drawn on paper, on computer screens. Do you really think aliens or ufos are behind inventions like pencils? Cars? The space shuttle?

No its man.

Early man still makes us think how they did some things. How did they hunt down mammoth with spears?

Of course I could go on.

I tend to stray away from general idea threads about government actions with UFOs and aliens.

At any rate, how specifically does the government gain from misinformation concerning proof of existance of ufos/aliens or proof against the existance of ufos/aliens.

They dont if they are telling the truth. If they are lieing perhaps its to buy time.

We do not have proof of either one.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by Dulcimer]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Does it benefit the government that the populas of the world believes in ufos/aliens and thinks the U.S. knows something?

Does it better serve the intentions of the U.S. to keep denying any knowledge of ufos/aliens?

I think that these are the real questions to be asked to get the real answers. Especially when bush is talking about "intelligent design". I read through that forum and it looked like the finger was being pointed towards the ideals of christianity. However i think it could be another "subliminal" message that something else is to be uncovered and they're preparing the new generation for it.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

i believe we forget how powerful 'people power' really is.

The govts know all too well how powerful it can be.
it is somewhat perplexing this issue...

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
At some point in the 80s, President Reagen addressed the United Nations and stated: " I can't help but wonder how quick the nations of this world would set aside their differences when faced with a threat from outside our world."

I may be paraphrasing, but was he eluding to something cryptic, or just a what if scenario concerning a comet on a collision course or something. At any rate it is coments like these, from our leaders that seem a little out of place, especially when addressing the general assembly.

President Carter also stated he saw a ufo.

numerous senators and congressmen have verbally voiced for the record that they intended to get to the bottom of the ufo phenomenon for their contengecy.

Even the guy at the top of the blue-book study, who debunked all he could, then got out and started looking into ufos and formed a credible ufology organization, because he then beleived in them. Was he still employed by the government and doing thier bidding? Or would someone with 20+ years of investigating ufos for the government simply be permitted to get out and start a ufologist group and say to the world "ufos are real, and I believe they are visitors."

Not to mention Bob Lazaar, who proved he worked for the government with his W-2s. Did someone overlook the possibility he had proof? Or was it a think-tanks idea to use him to feed information (controlled information) to the populas.

I fail to believe that a government can overlook such things and at the same time openly say what is contrary to the proof that is presented to the public.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I have considered the psyops idea many times. If we had never been visited at all then there would be benefits to convinceing our enemies that there had. If you get the other side to waste time and effort looking for something that does not exist you gain a huge advantage. Many have suggested that we began this campaign in the hopes of helping to keep our various research programs safe.

My problem has always been a very simple one: For any campaign of this type to be worthwile it has to be believed. I know this is hard for many people to do but forget what you know today and consider what we knew in 1947. We had barely begun to chart our own Galaxy, we had no Space Program even a trip to the Moon was sheer fantasy.

If a program designed to divert attention from something is begun, and it is not believed what have you accomplished? You have told the other side that you have something that is so important that you would attempt to cover it up with stories of Aliens and Flying Saucers.

At the time, without physical proof, who would have believed these tales?

Some people in the general populace to be sure, but does anyone honestly think that the hard-nosed people in Intelligence who are trained to see lies for what they are would be taken in?

So to me the idea that any government, in 47, would have attempted such a program is not in any way logical.

If you dismiss that idea what are we left with? Something real.

I think the idea that the government gains time is probably closest to the mark. Every day the knowledge is kept from the public they gain another day of research. Along the way they seem to have undertaken a very slow campaign to get people thinking about what it might mean to learn we are not alone. Considering the opinion of those with training in psychology and other social sciences recognized the potential danger of this knowledge very early on I find this to make a lot of sense.

Some people, myself included, look forward to the day when we no longer have to ask 'Are we alone' because the proof will be right in front of us. While a minority, polls show that a significant percentage of the people of the Earth have at least taken the step to acknowledge that we probably are not the only life in the Universe. While I give a lot of credit to researchers it has always seemed to me that while still attempting to keep the overall knowledge a secret the government has allowed things to happen that slowly nudge us in this direction.

Compare the second 'explaination' of Roswell to the third. In the second we were told that what was found was part of a Top Secret program to monitor the nuclear tests being done by the USSR. Certainly this was a program that they did not want announced to the public at the time and it fit perfectly with the first explaination of a simple weather balloon. While people picked holes in this explaination it took time and there are indeed still many who accept the second.

But then, after pushing from members of Congress they came out with the third. Dummies, human-like dummies that were used for various sorts of tests. This was debunked within days of it's release. The program did not even start until years later and it staggers the imagination that anyone could look at one of these things and think Aliens for more than a split second. Yet we all know that the Roswell base went so far as to do a press release. We also know that Maj. Marcell went on to a long and successful career. A man who could not tell a dummy from an ET? If this were so then the mistake he made was huge and at the very least he would have been made an example to help to counter the shame he brought to the military.

Dummies. I remember that when I read that report, and heard the initial work to check it out I thought to myself 'Only a dummy would accept this explaination.' And now I think that was the point, they deny, but they do it in such a way as to say 'nod-nod-wink-wink' to those with the courage to reject the high and mighty official US Government explaination.

If there really was nothing to it at all when why 3 explainations? Why not just shake their collective heads at the folly of their citizens and let it go at that?

So my ultimate answer to the question of what they gain is indeed Time. Time to learn all they can before the public gets a say in the matter. Time to get us used to the idea so as to preserve as much as possible against the changes that must surely follow full Disclosure that will eventually happen in one form or another. And finally, Time for those people who made the initial decisions to die.

A.T
(-)

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
O.K. there is so much accumulated information out there now from researchers and authors which makes it difficult, once comprehended, to keep the public quiet on growing belief in UFO/EBE reality.

For awhile now, the government and military has gone from:

-'your crazy if you see a disc in the sky flying fast without noise, to
-well, there is no proof UFOS exist; through
-we can neither confirm or deny UFO existance; to
-UFOs present no defence significance or threat to National Security.

Reason for secrecy are many but I postulate two, one being public panic (post 1947), and Religious and Scientific implications, should we look above just belief and into the possibility of the human race being planted on this ball by another super-advanced race.

What would it mean placing one's hand on the bible knowing certain things seen buzzing around the open skies are responsible for our creation?

Would swearing and oath, to anything, contnue to support self-disclipline against killing or breaking laws?

Dallas

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

For awhile now, the government and military has gone from:

-'your crazy if you see a disc in the sky flying fast without noise, to
-well, there is no proof UFOS exist; through
-we can neither confirm or deny UFO existance; to
-UFOs present no defence significance or threat to National Security.

Reason for secrecy are many but I postulate two, one being public panic (post 1947), and Religious and Scientific implications, should we look above just belief and into the possibility of the human race being planted on this ball by another super-advanced race.

What would it mean placing one's hand on the bible knowing certain things seen buzzing around the open skies are responsible for our creation?

Would swearing and oath, to anything, contnue to support self-disclipline against killing or breaking laws?

Dallas

I like this a lot because it expands your thoughts and perceptions regarding "Government Benefits From False/Misleading Info" and the basic human nature to betray its own kind for the greed and benifit for oneself.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I like this a lot because it expands your thoughts and perceptions regarding "Government Benefits From False/Misleading Info" and the basic human nature to betray its own kind for the greed and benifit for oneself.

Then tell me your "who and how" certain people can benifit and serve thier own greed by the existance of ufos and aliens.

new topics

top topics

join