It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mayan end date of 2012...home?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by gemini6767

I must start out by saying this is a very logical question to be asking.
However to limit yourself to staying within the united states makes
absolutely no sense. I think that this is something that you have to
look at from above. First of all are there any educated predictions as to
what the polar shifts will cause? For example, will alaska be where hawaii
is now? Will greenland be on the equator? Will australia still be down
under? Then think about the best place globally to be...Of course there are so many other ideas to factor in...What kind of budget are you working
with? Is the sky the limit? You could also take into consideration what
point of view your looking at the situation from. Are you Religious? This
may sound kinda crazy but if you can survive the war, the middle east
may not be the worst place to be. After all isn't Israel the promised land
for Jesus's people, The Jews? If you believe in biblical prophecy, Israel
is sacred land. I would feel very comfortable living in a place that'll be
protected by God, wouldn't you? You can also take a more secular look
at things. We've all heard about dubai. We all know they are building
man made islands and making 5 star resorts, etc... The reason they are
doing these things is because they are searching for a new national
product. They estimate their oil reserves may not last them 50 years. So
they're creating a new economic plan for their country's future, Tourism.
These people have money. BIG MONEY. I'm very positive that if there
were some kind of international government knowledge of upcoming
global changes the absolute wealthiest people in the world would be aware
of things to come. If they're putting so much money into changing coastlines and creating a new national export (or import, however you look
at it) I'm sure they've sunk a few bucks into forecasting how these global
events may effect their investments. It makes sense right? So, lets say
you still want to stay in the united states. Maybe somewhere near the proposed NAFTA super highway could be a good place. Lots of work will be
needed for construction and maintence. (See link for picture www.prisonplanet.com/.../140606Highway.htm ) Or maybe not if you'd prefer to not subject yourself to the possible prerequisite of employment,
accepting the mark of the beast. Where will you go??? Will you go to the
sedona mountains of arizona? Or flee to Denver which is well known for
being the mile high city. Surely there you'll avoid flooding...This is definitely a tough question. No matter what happens on or to this earth we
all need to look towards the sky. We need to be consumed with where we
will rest our souls because undeniably we all share the same fate. Only two
guarantee's in life, death and taxes. Ask Jesus into your heart, he'll forgive your sins, give you eternal life and provide always for his flock...
God bless us all!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
hi, i also read a book about ancient civilizations which i highly recommend because its about how we can prepare ourself from inside and start feeling what ancient worlds did and felt about our planet, the universe and the great respect they had for all forms of life...the book i most recommend to you all is

WISDOM OF THE HEART from FLORA ROCHA.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
if someone can find a flaw in my plan please tell me but i think the best place to be at 2012 is ayers rock. Mainly because its right in the middle of a tectonic plate so there are no fault zones for hundreds of miles. Also it's nowhere near the coast and is 490m above sea level (838 when your on top of the rock). I also am aware that if it where a populated area falling debris and panicking crowds could play a huge part in survival chances but there are virtually no buildings and it's not very populated. However, lack of civilisation would mean a possibility of starving to death but I have been there once when i was 11 last year and its a mere 15 minute drive from a huge multi-hotel resort so resources and shelter wouldn't be too much of a problem. On the volcano front I've no idea but there are definitely no active volcanoes and no geysers.
I have recently watches the movie and the ending is way too far-fetched but it does give you a good idea of the enormity and scale of the disaster if it happens. Which it might not. But I would hate to be unprepared if it did and all the non-believers would be sitting ducks
And again, if there is a flaw that i haven't noticed or a factor I haven't considered please mention it.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Hi! After watching the 2012 movie, it seemed too fantastical for all things to go on at once. I could see one or two things happening over a longer period of time 3-5 years. That's how it is unfolding daily now fo smaller
scaled disasters. I don't think anyone knows if something would happen.
The earth getting hotter and cooking us to death is going to force people to live in caves and in underground parking garages and buildings basements. We would die ,and stop emitting CO2 and the earth would start to correct its self slowly cooling off. With no cars, airplanes, factories, or cows, means a cooler earth. The other thing I worry about for the USA is the super volcano that could ruin America's bread basket. All people and animals breathing in the ash would die from lung damage. Also I worry about a new Ice age happening. From the melting glaciers I figure the water will desalinate the oceans and start new ocean currents, triggering storms, and so on. Starvation is something to worry about if your survive and diseases. Drugs would be worth more than gold. Save your left over prescriptions, and birth control pills in a safe spot from heat, humidity and children. Incase you need to trade etc... if there no longer are hospitals and doctors etc.... that would be very sad.
I don't see extreme drama, but small damas snow balling.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gemini6767

Hey gemini6767,

I don't know if you're still following this thread of yours, (or for those who believe something bad is going to happen in 2012...) have you looked at Edgar Cayce's Map of North America, after the change? If you scroll down that link you will see his prophesied map of North America... That should give a pretty good idea of where Edgar Cayce believed most people would be safe...
Plus if memory serves me correctly, in one of the many books I have read about Edgar Cayce, I believe he prophesied that the coast of Nebraska would be some the most expensive real-estate... So if your planning on living instead of just surviving... you might want to look into buying property for sale in Nebraska... just sayin!

BTW this is/was a very interesting thread to read!

--Charles Marcello

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I'd say...high ground. Mt Ararat?
Maybe you can find Noah's ark and ride out the waves. If not then you're no worse off than the rest of us. Survival isn't all it's cut out to be. Life is a push and a shove away from the edge of the cliff. Sometimes you can't defend yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join