It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argument over Iraq war prompts fatal shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Wow, things get pretty heated on these boards but at least it has never ended in something like the story below. Two men, who were aged 56 and 65, got into an argument over the war in Iraq and it escalated to a point that resuted in one of the men being shot dead.

wkyt

The victim, Harold W. Smith, 56, of Manchester, and Moore were friends who each had booths at the center. Smith was shot once in the chest and died at the scene.

They began arguing over the war, said Floyd County Coroner Roger Nelson. "I think Doug was supporting it, and this other guy was against it," he said.

Police said the argument escalated into a fight, and Smith drew a small pistol from his pocket, threatening to kill Moore. Witnesses said Moore pulled a .38-caliber pistol from his pocket and shot Smith once in the chest.

Nelson said he found "a little derringer lying adjacent to Smith's hand where he fell."

This war has been so devicive and created so many arguments.
Hopefully we'll all have a few years of peace when this is finally over.

[edit on 7-8-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Ironic isn't it that the guy arguing against the war was the first one willing to draw a weapon against his friend - merely for not agreeing with him?

hmmm

[edit on 8-7-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Ironic isn't it that the guy arguing against the war was the first one willing to draw a weapon against his friend - merely for not agreeing with him?

hmmm

Monkey see, Monkey do.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Edit: I did misread it, they both pulled weapons. What an age we live in.

[edit on 7-8-2005 by chebob]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Yeah, thats kinda crazy, they were old men but they still could of have several years to live, not now, one dead and the other in jail.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

More significantly, the one for the war was the first to pull the trigger and kill his friend over it.

This is so sad! That 2 people disagreeing had to ruin both of their lives! Why can't peope just disagree? This is the stuff wars are made of! People are so stupid!

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Wait a minute, if my options are to stand there as a target and wait to see if he kills me with the gun he's pointing at me or stop him from using the gun he has pointed at me - the first one doesn't seem all that intelligent does it? Actually - the whole thing wasn't that intelligent.

stupid ol' men

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

More significantly, the one for the war was the first to pull the trigger and kill his friend over it.

You dont pull a weapon on anybody period! Unless your serious about killing someone. Where was his humanist liberalism when he was reaching for that derringer? Liberals and guns dont mix
It figures the one who was anti-war would get himself killed, Why couldnt it be in iraq?

top topics

join