It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic Strangulation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
SweatMonicaIdo wrote a thread entitled: U.S. v. China. The whole point to his piece was how would America involve itself in case of an all-out war. Well if you haven't noticed over the past 32 years or since Henry Kissinger opened trade talks with China in 1973, America is dying a slow death as it is.

Most products made in WalMart, Dollar General, Family Dollar (or anywhere for that matter) are made in China. Even the American flag is made in good 'ol communist China. China has serious power in the UN security council (it has veto power). China is set to become the largest car manufacturer and exporter in the world. China has 1 trillion in the U.S. stock exchange out of the entire 6 trillion. China receives a lot of oil from Iraq without any of their soldiers dying. Most of all, United States has a trade deficit with China, and America is soft on China's human rights violations.

China does not have to send a missle into New York City, Los Angeles and/or Hawaii, they are killing America as it is. It would be pretty difficult to live in your home without some Chinese made product. Lift up products sitting around your home, look at where it is made. It will amaze you.

Chinese are mostly peasants. And the road we are on as Americans, we are headed toward peasantry. Our wages either keep getting lower or remain at the same low wage, yet, our cost of living increases daily. Americans will have no choice but to live off Dollar General and its low paying, under-developed managerial skills, forcing customers to accept cheap (like in, you can't even pawn the thing) products at a low price. We have Odd Lots, Dollar Trees, Big Lot, Walmart, Family Dollar, you name it we have it, why? Because an American is turning into a peasant. We're nothing but American peasants.

If the gas prices continue as they are (and they will), if a gallon of gas is $3.00 a gallon, for even a sub-compact car, with a 15 gallon gas tank, it will cost $45.00 to fill up; for a flatbed truck, with say, a 25 gallon gas tank, it will cost $75.00 to fill up; for a 18 wheeler truck, with (2) 50 gallon gas tanks, it will cost $300.00 dollars to fill up.

Don't you get it? They are killing us, and all we can do as Americans is raise the American flag that is made in China.

[edit on 8/6/2005 by 39 drops of solder]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
You make it sound like China is holding all of the cards, when in fact America holds just as many.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
We hold just as many what: nukes? Nukes that could never ever be used. And economically? We here in America hold as many cards as China? America is in debt, Americans are drowing in a sea of low wage, high cost living. There is more than one way to skin a chicken.

I'll apply a quote from a fellow communist/Bolshevik who thought the same way as those over there in China..

V.I. Lenin, 1920: "first, we will take eastern europe, then the masses of asia, then we will encircle the united states, which will be the last bastion of capitalism. we shall not have to attack. it will fall like a ripe grapefruit into our hands."

"Not have to attack"...believe me-you, United States will never attack China, and China will never attack America with nukes. Because China does not have to. China is attacking us via something we hold very dear in this country: the almighty dollar.

Come on be for real, at least answer me on this one: do you really like to hold up a flag that was made in China during a 4th of July celebration?

To me, this is the ultimate spit in the face. This is a disgrace. We have a communist making a flag that stands for freedom. What a big joke we've played on ourselves, and there are still Americans that still don't get it.

So far, I am unable to find toilet paper made in China, but when I do, I am sure to use it.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
China won't be surpassing us in terms of GDP, for at least 30-35 years.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
U.S economic sanctions, tariffs, the World Bank, naval blockade, etc...

[edit on 7-8-2005 by NWguy83]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This is the second thread here in as many days to do with economics rather than weaponry. How much do you make anyways? You act like there's some economic apocalypse right around the corner, which is typical rhetoric for someone in the upper-middle class. Debt Debt, bla bla, people act like we've never been in debt. "Oh but not this much debt before!" We've never had this large of an economy before either! Calm down people, sometimes things fluctuate, that's how life is.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
All those American peasants are buying 3 and 4 hundred thousand dollar homes faster than they can be built.

Go to any city and land for new housing developments is being sucked up so fast that in thirty years there will be a shortage of land to build on----some cities have already reached that point.

Land that isn't being developed for housing is getting developed for factories and other companies-----not to mention the bazillions of new shopping centers popping up everywhere for all those peasants to spend their money in.

New car sales are at record highs, even those that sell for $50,000 each.

Which America are you living in?

Nevertheless, I don't think capitalist countries should support a communist country like China----that could be a fatal mistake militarily speaking.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Also:
www.nationmaster.com...

The UK has almost 4x the amount of debt as the US, and not nearly as large of an economy (obviously, due to the large population differences). I don't hear about a lot of suffering there. Other than that though, the US does owe the 2nd largest amount of debt of all the nations. Once you check for greatest debt per capita or per $ GDP, however, the US doesn't even scratch the top 25.

www.nationmaster.com...
www.nationmaster.com...

You're going to tell me our debt level right now is a major short-term problem? Because in the long-term, it's already improving.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
United States policy-makers should keep a close eye on the country's current account deficit, which swelled to a record $665.9 billion in 2004. That shortfall on all trade and investment income with the rest of the world is being financed by foreign investors. If foreign investors were to lose some of their appetite for accumulating dollar-denominated assets at the current rapid rate and unload their holdings, the prices of United States stocks and bonds could plunge.

Nothing like living in a country where other countries can just pull you by your "hand-me-downs" and in one wham, America goes into a deep depression or is up for sale.

I wonder which country would buy us first...the little I do have, goes on China. You?

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 39 drops of solder
We hold just as many what: nukes? Nukes that could never ever be used. And economically? We here in America hold as many cards as China? America is in debt, Americans are drowing in a sea of low wage, high cost living. There is more than one way to skin a chicken.

You are implying economics as a weapon without an understanding of the concept.

To be in debt is to have a distinct advantage.

Consider that the U.S. is really just a conglomeration of people who have implicitly agreed to hold down various aspects of society by promising their time and effort to various ends, ends that satisfy the purveyance of goods and services whose ultimate end is to occupy the time and effort of people who may otherwise spend their time undermining the efforts of others. To have large groups of people interact as an entity on a global stage is almost a fallacy when you consider taht the individual is not primarily concerned with global matters.

Debt is an indirect promise to make good on an interaction. Thusly, future time and effort have been accounted for prior to their occurance.

If you step outside of the box and realize that the time and energy of individuals are more important than the dollar amounts possessed by each, you can begin to understand the importance of the Status-Quo. Why? Because if you supply an individual with a routine based on mechanical details, then you can insure their future actions to an impressive amount of accuracy.....

If I were commanding a transfer of numbers (which is what economics can be broken down to), I would want people to be concerned about the future.....so that their reaction will accent their action today....

[edit on 7-8-2005 by MemoryShock]

new topics

top topics

join