It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stuff to watch for in the future.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2002 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The military, of course, says it was a chicken. But I have eyewitness reports of that chicken crossing that road faster than any chicken I've ever seen could cross. Add to that the fact that it came from the side of the road with Area 51 on it, and it begins to look like anything but a simple chicken. We may never know what actually crossed that road, let alone why.

posted on Sep, 19 2002 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Oh dear. Truth, when talking about "true Christian care", I do suggest you don't bring up George Bush. We've had him for governor, and under his "true Christian care", the state of Texas dropped to nearly last place in education and in care extended to poor and needy children.

Our air pollution increased dramatically. He did a lot of favors for oil companies. But he was pro-guns, and that wins a lot of votes and causes people to forget your other issues.

He spent most of his time as governor neglecting his duties and running around being visible. As a father... well... MY kids never ran around doing underage drinking (and they're just a year or two older than Bush's), never forged IDs, never got caught doing drugs, etc. Unlike Bush's kids. So why is it that the True Caring Christian has kids that are uppity little drunks and mine are quiet and well-behaved (and in the military and in college)?

If you take him as a "true Christian care" model, then we can conclude that:

1) caring means that we should smite anyone we think may start building up caches of weapons.
2) caring means that if our kids get into trouble, we just buy them out of it.
3) caring means that it's fine to neglect the environment, particularly if someone else pays you to be neglectful.
4) caring means that poor kids don't need medical care.
5) as for education, caring means that you teach the kids how to use their guns. And make sure they have guns.
6) caring means that you never forget to hang out with Really Important People.
7) oh... and he did mention a number of times that he just didn't like to read.
8) caring means that if called to military service, be sure you get into the Texas Air Guard and have your dad pull rank so that you spend most of your duty being a helper in an Alabama senator's political campaign.

I'm glad that we DON'T have many Caring Christians like George Bush.

posted on Sep, 19 2002 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Thats fine with me rdo.

but remember that knowledge is not everything, and when you think you
know what you think to br right you really do not know anything.

you do not have to be smartt for god to reveal this to you.

I love your individual soul rdo and hope you can get over how
**dumb** i am.

byrd i know all that stuff you posted is true. it was an
example.

Bush is not a practicing christian in all his decisions.

that is obvious.

what i meant was that on camera as president he proclaims the bibles teachings about individual care maybee to
improve his rating.

do you understand this?

ill use one more person as an example byrd.

mother theresa.

if the world was full of a women who was catholic who gave her life to feed the poor and help the poor
ran the world what kind of place would it be??

can you lie?

peace.

[Edited on 20-9-2002 by Truth]

posted on Sep, 19 2002 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I have the advantage, of not having a "soul."

posted on Sep, 20 2002 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Daniel you do have a soul, if you did not you would not be able to
move.

i have prophecies right here from saints of the lord.

St. Hildegard (12th) century

"" before the comet comes, many nations, the good excepted
will be scourged by want and famine. The great nation in the ocean
that is inhabited by people of different tribes and descent will be
devistated by earthquake, storm, and tidal wave.
It will be divided and, in great part, submerged. That
nation will also have many mis fortunes at sea and
lose its colonies ""

"" After the great comet, the great nation will be devistated by
earthquake, storms, and great waves of water, causing much want and plagues ""

"" For in none of these cities of the great nation does a
person live according to the laws of God ""

Blessed Rembordt (18th) century

"" God will punish the world when men have devised
marvelous inventions that will lead them to forget God. They
will have horseless carriages, they will fly like birds ""

Marie julie jahenny (19th) century

"" The bodies of the wicked and the just will cover the ground. Three quarters
of the population of the globe will disappear. Half the population of
France will be destroyed ""

Blessed sister faustina (20th) century

"" Before the day of justice arrives, there will be given to
people a sign in the heavens of this sort. All light in the heavens
will be extinguished, and there will be great darkness over the whole
earth. then the sign of the cross will be seen in the sky, and from the openings
where the hands and feet of the saviour were nailed will come forth great
lights which will light up the earth for a period of time. this
will take place shortly before the last day ""

believe what you will.

but i do not make this stuff up.

peace.

posted on Oct, 16 2002 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth

Marie julie jahenny (19th) century

"" Half the population of
France will be destroyed ""

eerh, huum...ok, do you know something about my country ( Belgium ) that I have to know ? May be you don't know it, but France & Belgium are really close.

posted on Oct, 16 2002 @ 09:33 AM
link   
"Daniel you do have a soul, if you did not you would not be able to
move. "

Let me get this straight.
your definition of a soul is the thing that controls someones motor functions???

Truely Truth you are the most bizarre person I think I've ever come across.

posted on Oct, 16 2002 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Im weird?

Are you the one who put a spell on me? thankfully i asked
god to forgive your soul and have mercy on you.

Are you an atheist?

Any explainaation about god you would not understand.

So why would you believe that one could not move without a soul. Infact
how do i know this??

When we die god takes our soul and what happens to us?

We do not move.

UP, I only state what the prophecies warn. The prophecy says france will lose half of its population.

But i do recall one prophecy where it says beware of a revolution that will take place in england or france.

once you see this happen know the times short.

Ill look for it.

peace.

posted on Oct, 16 2002 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Ok, thanks Truth.

But I can tellya something. If things don't changes, specialy in France, there will be a revolution, you can be sure of it.

posted on Oct, 18 2002 @ 10:30 PM
link   
There sure are a lot of Inconsistencies on the New Testament. Here are 610 of them.

See link:

610 Inconsistencies

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I guess if you take into account the manner in which the Bible itself was put together, a hodge-podge patchwork translated by the "early fathers" of Holy Roman Apostolic Catholic Church, then you can deduce why it has so many errors and inconsistencies.

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 01:13 PM
link   
do you know what time youre in!

If you are not going to say something polite then
so not reply!

I am dead tired of NON believers replying when they
have NO clue what god did and did not found.

You don't have a clue!

As many times as you bash this and god you will be weeping at the judgement seat for mercy.

If you don't want to believe than fine. Just don't come in here
posting your utter lies.

have you witnessed miracles????

than don't say nothing you can't understand.

peace.

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well, hahahahaha!!! utter lies? Gee, this from truth. Yes, truth telling people not to lie. Forget pot calling kettle black, that Eminem and Snoop Dogg telling kids not to do drugs. Don't lie, cause you not me.

Truth, you say god talks to you, you see miracles, you know everything, and of course only one might be true.

First, god talks to you. I rest my case.

Second. Miracles aren't a Christian thing, just what they say when something magic like happens. But if not considered Christian, then it magic and it evil. Notice that?

A example of hypocricy(sp?), but happened all the time in old days and still happens, while less intense, in the south where Christianity is king. A person who says they are a witch uses medicine to cure someone. They were burnt at the stake. But when Jesus went up and said you are healed, it a miracle. A true witch if poweful enough can control water and the like, burnt at stake. Jesus turns water into wine, walks on water, a miracle. Today, it is called faith healing if done by a Christian. Why? When one calls themself a Christian, it called miracle. If not, it magic and evil and blah blah blah.

But, I believe miracles happen, like it was a miracle I am still here after all the dumb $h*n*ck stuff I have done. It is a miracle that humans haven't killed themselves off after all the things they have done. It is a miracle that anyone lived through the 9/11 attacks. For truth, a miracle doesn't have to be flashy and public for it to be a miracle.

Then, third. With god talking to you, you know everything and are always right. Anyone who disagrees, they, as you put it, shall face god's judgement. Or in other words, you disagree with truth, you go to hell.

All one needs to do is go through all of his posts, and one will be disgusted with truth. He says birth defects are due to sinners in your family. He says clam shells found open disprove evolution. He says Babylonian Tower is how you get the different races. He said people fell thousands of miles across the planet and made different races. He also says dinosaurs giant lizards who god didn't let live for to big to fit on the ark. Then......

Some might say I am attacking truth. I am not trying to, but discredit him. And not to be mean, but to let newbs like blahblahblah(sp?) know that truth should not be taken seriously. For truth has very strong beliefs, and they cloud his brain. He may be very bright, but his beliefs just make him usually sound like an @$$.

Truth, sorry, but my viewpoint is that you need to relax your beliefs a wee bit. In the words of Chris Rock from Dogma. Have strong ideas. For they can be changed. For people fight and die for their beliefs. But the ones who have an idea, are open to others. Heck, if the arabs followed that they wouldn't be ready to blow up the entire planet just because they don't have the exact belief that they do.

[Edited on 22-10-2002 by James the Lesser]

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 04:55 PM
link   
peace.

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Well, truth has no response. Could it be, he knows he wrong and won't respond. Is he doing what he has done before? Post, disproved, run? Ha, at least I keep up my point, I don't run, my @$$ is to big a target for my enemies.

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Truth its not ignorance its an opinion, every one has one and so do you.

Here is another site

Sceptics Anotated Bible

If there is one good thing about Skeptics is that they present information on Ethics at their Web Sites. In other words they are Mature.

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truthmother theresa. if the world was full of a women who was catholic who gave her life to feed the poor and help the poor
ran the world what kind of place would it be??

I just hope you realize that it doesn't *have* to take a Catholic to a person like her...But many of your posts to date indicate that anyone that loving & giving *has* to be. For example, Jesus was never Catholic...

Originally posted by TruthDaniel you do have a soul, if you did not you would not be able to move.

So then how do all of the "soulless" animals in this world move? According to your scriptures, only humans have souls...So then I guess no one has to worry about that "non-moving" pack of wolves crying out for the hunt?
The soul is what gives humans the *awareness* to do more than merely act & react to our immediate environment. This is what the humans have over animals; There's a difference between merely being alive compared to having a soul. Please try to be a bit more accurate with your meaning when you speak your mind...Otherwise, all you do is show ignorance by spouting off dogma.

UP, I only state what the prophecies warn. The prophecy says france will lose half of its population.

How many prophocies have been made that just never come to pass? Just because a person's name has St. tacked on the front automatically makes them omniscient? Then look back again at the history of the Church & look at how many people had the St. title & what heresies they've promoted through the church...Not *all* of them, I admit, & not even very many of them...But you must also see that a person's title has little to do with their level of faith.

As many times as you bash this and god you will be weeping at the judgement seat for mercy.

And there you go, proclaiming the judgments that are reserved for God to make...Why don't you start to think about what you *do* that contradicts what you say you believe in?

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 04:34 AM
link   
..a relevant post.... a conspiracy angle..... something new...

It will come one day, you have been warned

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 08:57 AM
link   
"" Just because someone has a ST. tacked in front of their
name does not mean ""

I did not say that. I said i trust in their prophecy because they attained what we are still trying
to, which is holiness.

To become a saint one must have had three miracles in his life, not little miracles but huge miracles. the
catholic church takes very seriously who it canonizes a saint.

Thus i believe in those saints because their "miracles" bare their truth. You do not have to believe but
god has made known their holiness through miracles.

"" for as long as you laugh and say stuff against god you willl be weaping
at the seat ""

yes, i messed up. i was very angry. Im sorry, and do not want them to weap at the seat.

peace.

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 09:47 AM
link   
to Truth

Im afraid that it does not say anywhere in the bible that to become a saint that person has to have had three miracles in his life. We all become saints when a sinner repents of his sin and turns to christ, and lives a life pleasing to God.

Also God does not make Holiness known in people through miracles that they do.
Satan can perform miracles yet would you say that he is holy?.
It is by the anointing of the Holy spirit that we are made holy. By allowing God's spirit to work in us so that we may become perfect in holiness. It is written "Be ye holy for I am holy". So by what we do, say and think we can become holy in Gods sight.
Romans 6:22, says " But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your FRUIT unto holines, and the end everlasting life".
Fruit speaks of our actions in Rightousness and what we do for the Lord. So our level of holiness will be according to how our prayer life is, our time of fasting and what we do in our body's. But the end result or what we should aim for is perfect holiness in Gods sight.

Your friend Stewards

P.s. ( I hope James the Lesser reads this to finaly clarify that Truth and I are not the same person.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join