It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

google moon pics fake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
moon.google.com pictures look fake. Zoomed all the way out, the outer edges of the photo is larger than the center of the picture, the craters are all unionly flat, kind of like a clay model surface. You can see straight scrape marks all over (exactly as if something did scrape over the surface like a trowel) these photo's are bunk!! Compared to other close up pictures and seeing the moon yourself through telescopes, and supposedly these was taken where and when and how close?? I don't know about these... rofl.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Erm... How to put this nicely? No! They are in fact real pictures. There's just no three dimensional effect added to it. That's all...

And yes, even the zoomed in all the way picture is real.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   
It looks like someone had a wild idea with a air compresser and a texture gun to me. So if something like 3d effects has been removed then this isn't the orignal then. Which doesn't supprise me, it's a classic of what Nasa constantly does, instead of showing a picture for what it's worth they get ahold of it and alter it.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Wish I could see what you are talkign about. But, at whatever point the option "Hybrid" went on the map [beside "Map" & "Satelitte"] my map viewing went schizoid. All I see now is ........... a box with no map [be it maps.google, or moon.google]. This is in Firefox, never coud get the damn thing in IE.

I feel so left out :=[

Just based on your description, you are not seeing the "scrapes" as being what are the frames spliced together are you? Probly not, as if you have been looking at the maps for any length of time that becomes apparent.

Misfit

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Kinda, Cheesy.. LOL.. Wonder how much al that cheese is worth.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The 3D effects were removed, eh? Could it be possible that for easy of viewing they just didn't use them? Not everyone is interested enough in astronomy or just has 3D glasses laying about.

Personally, I don't think it looks an different than a sattellite photo of the Earth. Try TerraServer and see what you think.

new topics

top topics

join