It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your pets may be eating each other!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   
What a handy way to recycle protein, how about doing the same with humans, it would save all the burial costs...

www.nexusmagazine.com...

A friend, a veterinarian in California, had advised me that euthanised dogs and cats from veterinary clinics and shelters were routinely rendered and used as sources of protein in pet food. As a Canadian, I never thought it would happen in Ontario, the province where I live. Wrong!

I was to discover that almost every veterinarian clinic in the city was using a dead-stock removal company that picked up the pets and sold them to a broker who then sold them to rendering plants in the province of Quebec. The rendering plant that was paying the highest amount at that time, Sanimal Group, was the party that usually purchased the dead animals.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   
101 Uses Of A Dead Cat:

The Cookbook.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
*looks at new kitten*

*looks at kitten chow in feed bowl*

*cries*

Elvis is a cannibal?!?!?

-B.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   
This practice should be outlawed. All my dogs were either cremated and the ashes buried or they were buried. We would never leave the body for the vet to dispose.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
That sounds delicious! What a great idea.

*grabs ketchup and chases Fleabag the cat around the house*

[Edited on 28-8-2003 by MarkosOrrealus]

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I've eaten dog food before. Not that bad, does not bother me that it is mad out of dead pets.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I think eating dogs is totally underrated.
Its the best way to tidy up the oversupply of pets in society as well dog steaks could be given to shelters for homeless people to eat, thus creating a community service.

We could put a bounty on unlicenced dogs to get a food supply going. I am sure that an average sized dog could feed a family of 4 for about 2 weeks. It would be a way that they could put back into society afterall the money they cost, for vet fees and registration etc.

I for one would PAY MONEY for more people to eat small yappy dogs and poodles, these are a plague on our landscape ('Spooky' not counted of course).

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   
My wolf will enjoy this news..

here kitty kitty kitty

new topics

top topics

join