It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Bruce Lee's death

page: 3
5
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandCourtJester
1st Bruce Lee was a great man. I loved his "Circle of Iron/Silent Flute".

Some theories i've heard in regards to his death:


    He was killed by Far East gangsters who didn't want him prusueing his career in Hollywood. They wanted him to stay in Hong Kong and make bargain based ment potboilers.

    He died of a drug overdose, which was then duly covered up. His mistress had given him the drugs, and bringing this out would've been too inconvienent for everyone involved.


    "Black Taoist" masters were hired to give him the 'touch of death', either by Hong Kong Mafia, or the Kung Fu community, who didn't like him divulging their secrets. He'd been badly beaten up once, at the orders of the HK Kung Fu community, to try and stop him from teaching non chinese.



Out of interest, the "Black Taosist" are a taosist branch, much like the 'left handed' or tantric Yogi's. They don't accept conventional morality, and will use their knowledge often for personal profit.

A trained Tai Chi practioneer - a master - can control his own chi, and even that of others. He can use this to heal, by restoring and regulating the chi flow in an other person. This is often done through touch ( see "Lightening Jack" in the Blair Bros "Ring of Fire" documentary).

A Black Taoist can use the same knowledge to kill, by disrupting the chi flow. An expert can choose which of the victims organs their going to blow out, and when it will happen, just through how they apply their energy. He can slap the victim on the back, and let him walk away feel'n fine. Then a week later, he'll wake up feeling sick, and before the day is trhough, he's dead. The real masters don't even need to touch you, but can project their ernergy accross a room, or through walls.




[edit on 6-8-2005 by GrandCourtJester]



Ok, I had heard about the "black Taoist" masters, and that they caused the death of Bruce Lee.......but, I did not know that they could kill someone by disrupting the chi flow of another. That is just wild.....kind of hard to believe something like that.....just too wild.

(but, the theory of an allergic reaction to medicine sounds a little more believable to me)

Faeryland

[edit on 8-8-2005 by Faeryland]




posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
maybe he was an alien and he went home and he faked his death so people wont be wondering where he went lol.



posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
If they was filming when brandon lee was shot, surely someone must have the tape - supprised it's not being shown over the internet?



posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DodgeG1
If they was filming when brandon lee was shot, surely someone must have the tape - supprised it's not being shown over the internet?


From our friends at snopes.com:

The Internet Movie Database claims that the film was destroyed without being developed. By some accounts, however, all film taken of the scene was confiscated by Wilmington police for use in their investigation. It's possible that investigators simply viewed a video used by the production crew for quick playback.

It'd be unlikely that any film has resurfaced; if it was destroyed, that speaks for itself, and if it was used as evidence it's unlikely to end up in the public hands.



posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faeryland

Originally posted by GrandCourtJester
1st Bruce Lee was a great man. I loved his "Circle of Iron/Silent Flute".

Some theories i've heard in regards to his death:


    He was killed by Far East gangsters who didn't want him prusueing his career in Hollywood. They wanted him to stay in Hong Kong and make bargain based ment potboilers.

    He died of a drug overdose, which was then duly covered up. His mistress had given him the drugs, and bringing this out would've been too inconvienent for everyone involved.


    "Black Taoist" masters were hired to give him the 'touch of death', either by Hong Kong Mafia, or the Kung Fu community, who didn't like him divulging their secrets. He'd been badly beaten up once, at the orders of the HK Kung Fu community, to try and stop him from teaching non chinese.



Out of interest, the "Black Taosist" are a taosist branch, much like the 'left handed' or tantric Yogi's. They don't accept conventional morality, and will use their knowledge often for personal profit.

A trained Tai Chi practioneer - a master - can control his own chi, and even that of others. He can use this to heal, by restoring and regulating the chi flow in an other person. This is often done through touch ( see "Lightening Jack" in the Blair Bros "Ring of Fire" documentary).

A Black Taoist can use the same knowledge to kill, by disrupting the chi flow. An expert can choose which of the victims organs their going to blow out, and when it will happen, just through how they apply their energy. He can slap the victim on the back, and let him walk away feel'n fine. Then a week later, he'll wake up feeling sick, and before the day is trhough, he's dead. The real masters don't even need to touch you, but can project their ernergy accross a room, or through walls.




[edit on 6-8-2005 by GrandCourtJester]



Ok, I had heard about the "black Taoist" masters, and that they caused the death of Bruce Lee.......but, I did not know that they could kill someone by disrupting the chi flow of another. That is just wild.....kind of hard to believe something like that.....just too wild.

(but, the theory of an allergic reaction to medicine sounds a little more believable to me)

Faeryland

Taoists can heal through influencing the energy of another person. If they can influence to heal, then they can interfer to harm. It's just acting on the energy.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by Faeryland]



posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Brandon Lee died from pure negligence. The bullets that they were missing were the dummy rounds that are put into a revolver to make it look like it is loaded when viewed from the front. One of the so called firearms experts that they used pulled the slugs out of six live shells, dumped out the powder and put the slugs back into the cartridge. When they filmed one part of the scene the hammer popped the primer and this drove the slug into the barrel. When they filmed the other part they used a blank round to get the muzzle flash from the gun. No one checked the barrel for obstruction. When the blank fired it propelled the trapped slug just like a real round killing Brandon.



posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Allergic reaction to MJ can be pretty severe. A good friend of mine was on life-support from smoking. Only for a day, but enough to terrify her. She had been around it a number of times, but never actually smoked it. When she did, she swelled up, breathing became difficult, finally stopped breathing....all the typical anephelactic shock stuff. But because the allergen was inhaled directly, they said it happened faster than usual allergic reactions. BUT, she wasn't killed, released two days later, and they said that it was the most severe reaction they had ever seen. And that it is extremely rare for people to be allergic in general.

The Lees' stories have always amazed me. I don't know that I believe in a conspiracy, but I do wonder why. Both so young.

Frankly, the hollywood death I wonder most about is Superman George Reeves.....but that would be another line altogether.



posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   


Allergic reaction to MJ can be pretty severe. A good friend of mine was on life-support from smoking. Only for a day, but enough to terrify her. She had been around it a number of times, but never actually smoked it. When she did, she swelled up, breathing became difficult, finally stopped breathing....all the typical anephelactic shock stuff. But because the allergen was inhaled directly, they said it happened faster than usual allergic reactions. BUT, she wasn't killed, released two days later, and they said that it was the most severe reaction they had ever seen. And that it is extremely rare for people to be allergic in general.

Interesting. Did they determine that it was cannabis or THC that caused the reaction? I ask because there are other reasons this could happen simply from inhaling smoke of any kind. Is she a smoker, normally? Does she have asthma? Did the docs tell her she was allergic to the cannabis plant family or THC itself?



posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
My husband is a martial arts grand master and this is what he told me. He said that Bruce Lee had been injured in a movie and was on medication for it. It was not commonly known that he was also an alcholic and cheated on his wife regularly. Apparently the alchohol and the prescription medication was a fatal mix and this all happened when he was sleeping over with one of his affairs. Ive also heard it said by many in the field that Bruce Lee was more of an actor then a martial artist. He was put on the stage by his parents at a very young age, around 4. There was a collosium fight in the opening of one of his movies........(cant remember the name if someone could help me out) ....when a young Chuck Norris who was a blackbelt in Tang Soo Do at the time beat the snot out of him. It came as a surprise to Chuck that Lee did not stand his own and was injured during this fight.



posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   


There was a collosium fight in the opening of one of his movies........(cant remember the name if someone could help me out) ....when a young Chuck Norris who was a blackbelt in Tang Soo Do at the time beat the snot out of him. It came as a surprise to Chuck that Lee did not stand his own and was injured during this fight.

Well, I've never heard this. An opening to one of his movies where Chuck Norris beat the snot out of Bruce Lee? I'd like to see that. I doubt Chuck Norris could beat Lee.



posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
Well, I've never heard this. An opening to one of his movies where Chuck Norris beat the snot out of Bruce Lee? I'd like to see that. I doubt Chuck Norris could beat Lee.


Agreed. It wasn't at the opening but towards the end (I think) of Way of the Dragon. I'll disagree on the winner though. I'd put my money on Norris in their primes.

Peace



posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Brandon Lee died from pure negligence. The bullets that they were missing were the dummy rounds that are put into a revolver to make it look like it is loaded when viewed from the front. One of the so called firearms experts that they used pulled the slugs out of six live shells, dumped out the powder and put the slugs back into the cartridge. When they filmed one part of the scene the hammer popped the primer and this drove the slug into the barrel. When they filmed the other part they used a blank round to get the muzzle flash from the gun. No one checked the barrel for obstruction. When the blank fired it propelled the trapped slug just like a real round killing Brandon.


This sounds right. Real rounds don't fit into a prop gun and for good reason.

I know this thread is on Bruce but a reflection about his son Brandon that hits me hard was his interview in the making of the Crow. I'd like to share the following excerp from Brandon:

"Because we do not know when we are going to die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well and yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood? An afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you cannot conceive of your life without it? Perhaps 4.... 5 times more. Perhaps not even that.
How many times will you watch the full moonrise ... Perhaps twenty and yet it all seems limitless.
This is the point of view this character is coming from in the whole film, because it has brought sharply into focus how precious each moment of his life was."

[edit on 19-8-2005 by saint4God]



posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Originally posted by smallpeeps
Well, I've never heard this. An opening to one of his movies where Chuck Norris beat the snot out of Bruce Lee? I'd like to see that. I doubt Chuck Norris could beat Lee.


Agreed. It wasn't at the opening but towards the end (I think) of Way of the Dragon. I'll disagree on the winner though. I'd put my money on Norris in their primes.

Peace


It was released as Return of the Dragon in the U.S.. A young Chuck Norris took ob Bruce in the Colosseum in Rome. It was remarkable, and a once-in-a-lifetime fight.

My opinion remains that Bruce did not die due to any conspiracy. It was jsut unfortuante.



posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   


It was released as Return of the Dragon in the U.S.. A young Chuck Norris took ob Bruce in the Colosseum in Rome. It was remarkable, and a once-in-a-lifetime fight.

Whaaat?! This is movie-making people, not reality. You know how movies work right? They shoot a scene and then when the angle or camera "cuts", that's now probably a whole 'nother day of filming, a week later or whatever. At least a few hours. Every angle takes hours to set up (the cameras are heavy).

There is no real sequential fight happening. The whole thing is as choreographed as Hulkster vs. Andre the Giant. You have to make sure your expensive actors don't get hurt, right? Even the slightest punch might actually break the other guy's nose or something and that cannot happen. That's why in the credits there's a fight choreographer.

The scene was pretty well done, but those dramatic pauses are just silly. In retrospect, it looks very fake. Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee did not fight for real, so far as I have read. I am happy to be contradicted by anybody who can prove it. As for how this fight would go? Chuck Norris is a karate guy. Bruce Lee is a Cha-Cha-Dancer/kung-fu guy who moved way beyond his formal system and became more of a boxer. Lee took the art of fighting further. He would annihalate Chuck if it came to blows.

Look, Lee planned his whole life to fight Muhammad Ali. He knew he would eventually have to prove his fighting in front of the world. The problem is, Lee assumed that Americans would be less racist than they were. He was amazed (I am sure) that people didn't like his stuff more. To me, he's like Van Gogh, in a way, and all those other people who die before they get to see their true effect upon the world.

If Americans had accepted him (or if execs would have put him on screen), he would have had to fight on TV. He knew this.

Anyway, the main question that never got answered is: Could Bruce Lee get cracked on the head and take it. The UFC has demonstrated beyond a doubt that if you want to claim the title, "World's Best Fighter", you will have to take a few solid punches/kicks directly to the face, which we never saw Lee do. Norris looks sturdier, but I would say Lee would cripple Norris within 90 seconds if they were to fight for real. He understood joint-locks and vulnerable targets like kneecaps and eyes so forth. He was a win-at-all-costs fighter. Even if they didn't use cheap moves, Lee's speed would give him a major edge, IMO.


[EDIT:]
By the way, I'm talking about the Enter the Dragon-era Chuck Norris, not the Walker Texas Ranger-era Norris. If Norris circa 1980-90 took on Bruce Lee, he might actually win. The Missing in Action Chuck Norris, as we know, would win any fight.



[edit on 19-8-2005 by smallpeeps]



posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
You mean movie fighting is not real ????????







By the way, I'm talking about the Enter the Dragon Chuck Norris, not the Walker Texas Ranger Norris. If Norris circa 1980-90 took on Bruce Lee, he might actually win. The Missing in Action Chuck Norris, as we know, would win any fight.


Chuckie wasn't in Enter the Dragon. It was John Saxon.

BTW.....Chuck would get whooped by Bruce, hands down.



posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I had always heard that he had less than 10% body fat, and because if this he was very succeptible to sickness, etc. From what I was told, it was a mixture of pneumonia and hypothermia (very hard to keep your body temperature when you have no fat to insulate) that finished him off :\.



posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   





posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChristyZ
My husband is a martial arts grand master
What style did your husband do?



posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Chuck Norris vs Bruce Lee...?

Hmm... I think bruce would simply be too quick for him unfortunately. too quick and as was said 'win at all costs' and knowing where to inflict the most damage with the least energy exherted.

Jackie Chan vs bruce lee... Now I wouls pay top dollar for that one.



posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Brandon Lee died from pure negligence. The bullets that they were missing were the dummy rounds that are put into a revolver to make it look like it is loaded when viewed from the front. One of the so called firearms experts that they used pulled the slugs out of six live shells, dumped out the powder and put the slugs back into the cartridge. When they filmed one part of the scene the hammer popped the primer and this drove the slug into the barrel. When they filmed the other part they used a blank round to get the muzzle flash from the gun. No one checked the barrel for obstruction. When the blank fired it propelled the trapped slug just like a real round killing Brandon.


This sounds right. Real rounds don't fit into a prop gun and for good reason.

I know this thread is on Bruce but a reflection about his son Brandon that hits me hard was his interview in the making of the Crow. I'd like to share the following excerp from Brandon:

"Because we do not know when we are going to die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well and yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood? An afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you cannot conceive of your life without it? Perhaps 4.... 5 times more. Perhaps not even that.
How many times will you watch the full moonrise ... Perhaps twenty and yet it all seems limitless.
This is the point of view this character is coming from in the whole film, because it has brought sharply into focus how precious each moment of his life was."

[edit on 19-8-2005 by saint4God]


That much is true. Movie people are notoriously sloppy. They're more geared towards aranging or setting up a shot. A certain kind of mind set takes over. (Very parrealel to the business man who gets so excited ove rthe deal that he doesn't bother to check out the product. He gets stuck with crap.)translating everything into 'scenes' leads to a certain superficiality. So they some times over look the technical realities. Something very similar happened to Kirk Douglas in a film with Walter Brennan.

The scene called for Douglas to be filmed lying on the ground, while Brennan picked up his shot gun, lying next to his head. Douglas immediately expressed his concerns as to whether the shot was safe, ie would the rifle go off. Brennan told him to stop being a baby, and that was that. They started rolling, Brennan reached down, and the gun discharged. A live slug missed Douglas's head by less than an inch.

The producer seemed bewildered, but then again he was a visionary, and couldn't be expected to concern himself with anythig so mundane as reality.

Remember again the "Twilight Zone" film, where several actors died.

Part of it is shear incompetence, and part is just trying to cut corners. Either way people have gotten killed. Just part of the movie's colourful history.

[edit on 28-8-2005 by GrandCourtJester]

[edit on 28-8-2005 by GrandCourtJester]




top topics



 
5
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join