It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steel beams "not a factor" in WTC collapse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Hmmmmm.
This is going to raise some eyebrows, and some questions.

Early tests on steel beams from the World Trade Center show they generally met or were stronger than design requirements, ruling them out as a contributing cause of the collapse of the towers, federal investigators said Wednesday.

www.guardian.co.uk...

It's my understanding that up until this point, the steel beams have been "officially" blamed as causing the collapse of both towers when they were superheated by the burning jet fuel.
Now that may not be the case.

-B.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   

It's my understanding that up until this point, the steel beams have been "officially" blamed as causing the collapse of both towers when they were superheated by the burning jet fuel.
Now that may not be the case.

If it wasn't the steel beams, I heard a theory (from NYC firefighters) that the drywall in the building actually greatly contributed to the collapse.

Who knows, personally I think it was the controlled demolitions in the basement...

By the way my views on this issue intend absolutely no disrespect to the innocent civilians who lost their lives on that day.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The point is this.

All structural steel was removed from the disaster site as soon as possible, under direction of the incumbent administration, using a strategic plan prepared for them by Controlld Demolition Inc.

There was no testing of the tensile strength or any other facet of the steel post hoc - not that testing could have bben conclusive. Anyway it was all removed and not subjected to scrutinous examination.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
The point is this.

All structural steel was removed from the disaster site as soon as possible, under direction of the incumbent administration, using a strategic plan prepared for them by Controlld Demolition Inc.

There was no testing of the tensile strength or any other facet of the steel post hoc - not that testing could have bben conclusive. Anyway it was all removed and not subjected to scrutinous examination.

I'm not discounting that, per se, but the article states that 263 pices of steel from the wreckage were tested.
Granted, it could be complete bull-poo.
But I'm also willing to entertain the idea that not all the debris was carted away by CDI, and that maybe some tests were done.

Maybe?

-B.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Well, if the article says that, then certainly the idea needs to be entertained.

It is as relevant as the actual final vote count in disputed Florida counties was to 'presidential' election and appointment processes three years ago.

For my mind, the cover-up started from the moment 'Commander In Chief' Bush went into the classroom to read about goats to children. (Obviously there was much to cover up from before, but I mean for the purpose of tracking the admin's cover-up post-first impact).

To the extent that the whole steel theory, including complex multimedia models used to demonstrate why it failed that were screened in countles documentaries, is almost complete BS, and this article supports it... but it would puzzle me as to why any such examinations were not conducted under official auspices in review of the events and in order to prevent this aver happening again.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
* Whole blown in theory....

There was an absolutely DOCUMENTED and RECORDED situation in which the MOB was hauling off TONS fo debris, including structural steel (the MOST valuable, money wise, of ALL wreckage) to a MOB owned site in N.J. in order to get the "Scrap Value" on the metal...

The "Scrap Value" on several metric tons is in the Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars...

Whatever "tests" were done were sone SANS the materials spirited off by the very ingenious MOB...

P...
m...

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Springer

That certainly supports my view of events.

But I am always happy to entertain other views.

I especially like the fact that while the steel may be dead and buried or used as scrap wherever scrap gets used, the investigations continue, no stone unturned.

Investigations as to WHY such significant evidence would get carted off for scrap so quickly have a point as well.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I dont remember exactly what agencies were involved, but I do remember watching something on Discovery about structural tests being conducted on some steel recovered from Ground Zero by at least 2 seperate agencies. One set of tests were done at Sandia Labs, and the other by a forensic engineering lab. Both tests indicated that the structural capacity of most of the steel tested had NOT been exceeded...

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
MA, I thought you might find this interesting:

Implosion expert Mark Loizeaux of Controlled Demolition, Inc., observed the collapses on TV and felt each tower collapsed in a different way. The North tower, which was hit around the 90th floor, failed in a telescoping fashion. He believed the South tower, hit around the 60th floor, failed similar to the way a tree is felled, which apparently resulted in a wider swath of destruction to neighboring properties.

www.amengtest.com...

From American Engineering Testing Inc.
They also talk about the steel being a major factor in the collapse.

Once again, I'm not sure one way or the other at this point. This is just one more piece to add to the puzzle.

-B.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I still entertain the idea that something more than burning planes caused the collapses. Its not an absolute, like Im absolutely convinced that the gov was behind 9/11. Its still a possibility, one that is difficult to prove at this point, but I strongly lean towards controleld demolition. Reports from some people at ground zero, one of them being my aunt, talking about the sound of a loud boom before they went down. It could have been the sound of floors collaping on themselves from strain, but goven the rest of the BS of that day, its VERY suspicious.

We may never know for certain, since the whole mess was carted off REALLY quick, too quick for thourough examination, instead of a few small tests.

What worries me, is that they carted it off so quickly, were all the bodies recovered for mburial? The thought of human remains still trapped in the wreckage and dumped in a landfill or carted off to be recycled bothers me for the human aspect of it. Everyone who doed there deserves to be returned to thier families for burial in whatever religious sect they follow.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
skadi, you are correct. things were taken out very quickly and inappropriately without anyone giving a damn about the fact that there were pieces of people in there. very sick.

Banshee, yes the first tower which fell (south) definitely seemed to me - from an in person eyewitness standpoint - to have caused more damage. Perhaps because the strike point was lower and more material on top was unstable? I don't know...

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
from what i have learned since this has happened is the stuff on the beams blew off like dust and left the beams exposed to the heat. the covering on the steel was suppose to protect the beams from fire.

if this is so and the "insulation" blew off upon impact and since there are MANY things that can burn in an office building it would surprise me the struvture failed.

they didnt design the building to design the punishment they took. the insultation used wasnt put on in such a manner to prevent being blown off by a giant jet flying into the building, it was put on thinking of fires being started within the building from electrical sources, etc.

in fact ive seen a demonstration of the same stuff being blown off and it didnt take much so not surprising it weas blown right off on impact.

they didnt design the building to withstand the temps of burning jet fuel...let alone an impact from such an large aircraft.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Heat melting the beams and the weight of the concrete slabs dropping.

I'm an architectural designer and have worked as a structural designer. One step down from a PE. The WTC design was old. Once you have one or two floors collaps it's all over. It was just a plain old design flaw. You can't plan every senerio when you design a building. There is just not enough $$$ to do this.

The higher you build the lighter weight you have to design. It's a money thing.

I think givin the BinLadan family business it wouldn't have been to far off for someone to look into the design of the WTC and pass on that info in a descrete way. JMO

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Now, now kiddies! remember the great words of the president :-

"..Let us never tolerate outrageous conspiracy theories concerning the attacks of September 11th"

- form his speech to the U.N.

new topics

top topics

join