It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey,Christian, are you asleep in the Light?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The Lord has, really, been dealing with me lately in my spirit about how I see others. I, like many people, find myself being judgemental of people based on things that God says shouldn't matter: how they look and dress, how they talk or what they talk about, etc. Then, God suddenly makes me realize that He sees all of these people, the hard to love and the hard to look at, in the same way; He loves them, unconditionally, and wants to save them from the trap of sin and death that they are in and grant them the same forgiveness and hope that He has given so freely to me. However, for Him to be able to do that, they must come to Him first and how will they do that if I do not tell them or someone else does.

If someone is in danger of starving because they have no money or food, we are called to help them; the same if they are in danger of eternal seperation from God, because of lack of information and hope. If we don't tell them, who will? We will all be judged by Christ on what we did with what He gave us and He has said that we will be held accountable for everyone we could have reached, who could have been saved, but wasn't.
I have too many people in my past that I didn't speak to about Jesus, including my Father, who has since passed away. I pray often that God will grant me the power, His power, to speak out more often and to be able to see others as He sees them; as lost, hurting, suffering souls that He longs to draw to Him. Oh, how I pray that Jesus Christ will use me to draw others to Himself. It is not my ability or charm or dynamic way with words that will accomplish this, it is His power and love and GRACE that will accomplish this. All I have to do is be open to His leading and His power and be willing to make a fool of myself, if necessary, to speak the Gospel of Christ to all I meet.

Well, as I said in the begiining of this post, God has been dealing with me. One way He has been doing this is through Christian music. He has been reminding me of songs that speak so eloquently about how much He desires me to serve Him with my whole heart and mind and soul. Today,
He put the song below into my heart and it has convicted me so much of just how short of meeting His perfect will I am. The song is "Asleep in the Light" by Keith Green. I wish I could include a sound file so you could all hear it as Keith sang it, but that isn't possible for me today, so, just the lyrics are included.

I pray that the words that the Lord gave Keith to sing will touch your hearts as much as it has mine. Keith is with the Lord now and I dearly miss him, though I never met him. May God's Grace and Mighty Power be to all of those who call Jesus Savior and Lord. Amen.

Asleep In The Light
By Keith Green

Do you see, do you see, all the people sinking down,

Don't you care, don't you care, are you gonna let them drown,

How can you be so numb, not to care if they come,

You close your eyes and pretend the job's done.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh Bless me Lord, bless me Lord, you know it's all I ever hear,

No one aches, no one hurts, no one even sheds one tear,

But He cries, He weeps, He bleeds, and He cares for your needs,

And you just lay back and keep soaking it in, oh, can't you see it's such sin?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cause He brings people to your door,

And you turn them away, as you smile and say,

God bless you, be at peace, and all Heaven just weeps,

Cause Jesus came to your door, you've left Him out on the streets.

Open up, open up, and give yourself away,

You've seen the need, you hear the cry, so how can you delay,

God's calling and you're the one, but like Jonah you run,

He's told you to speak, but you keep holding it in,

Oh, can't you see it's such sin?

The world is sleeping in the dark,

That the church just can't fight, cause it's asleep in the light,

How can you be so dead, when you've been so well fed,

Jesus rose from the grave and you can't even get out of bed,

Oh, Jesus rose from the dead, come on, get out of your bed.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
All men were not created equally.

that one christian band ain't that bad think they are called Clank?
it's like death metal
Christian Death Metal.

[edit on 6-8-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Good post, Lightseeker. Thanks for sharing and encouraging--and the lyrics are thought-provoking and true.

I have just one question, though. Where do you find this:

He has said that we will be held accountable for everyone we could have reached, who could have been saved, but wasn't.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   

are you asleep in the Light?

I think I'm awake in the dark, somedays.

Good post.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Good post, Lightseeker. Thanks for sharing and encouraging--and the lyrics are thought-provoking and true.

I have just one question, though. Where do you find this:

He has said that we will be held accountable for everyone we could have reached, who could have been saved, but wasn't.

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences." 2Cor 5:10-11

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightseeker
"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences." 2Cor 5:10-11

I truly don't understand how you get that from this chapter in Corinthians? God doesn't lay the charge of sinners upon the elect--He doesn't even lay the charge of sinners upon themselves. Why would anyone be held responsible for something that is totally God's to determine, anyway?

And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.
Exodus 33:19

We are held accountable for leading others astray--but that's different altogether than what you're saying.

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!
Matthew 18:6-7

What is Paul saying? He is saying:

We know that if our flesh dies, we have an eternal body that comes from God, made by God for us.--5:1
And He that made us for that purpose has given us the 'collateral' and 'insurance' of the Holy Spirit.--5:4
Faith guides us, not our eyes--so we trust enough and are more than willing to be there instead of here. --5:7-8
Consequently all our efforts, whereever we are, are for the sake of being pleasing to God.--5:9
For we know that all of us must appear before the judgment seat--to answer for what we did in the flesh--good and bad both.--5:10
And since we know and understand the terror of standing before Him, we persuade men--but we are judged by God, and trust that your conscience judges us in the same light.--5:11
Because we're not doing it to impress you--but so that you can be proud of what you know and believe and are able to relate the reasons why when you are scorned/ridiculed by those who judge outwardly .--5:12
We are crazy for God but sober for you. --5:13

The word for 'appear' in verse 10 is actually the same in verse 11, BTW.

And then, he goes on to say that
The love of Christ compels him to conclude that Christ died for all--in order to make all things new.

Because all things are of God, and God has mutually changed the situation (which occured in Genesis with the fruit) for us with Him, for the express purpose of spreading the word that it was God, Himself! who was in Christ who died, so that God, Himself could pay the death penalty--which was the price for all the world's disobedience--for everyone that owes it! And isn't counting black marks anymore! He's given us the job to tell you of this indescribably good news!
And so, just as if God Himself was saying this to you, we pray and beg you to be reconciled to God through Christ! For He created Jesus as sin in order to show His righteousness through us, so that you can see God, through us, through Christ.

The gospel message is not that Christ died for those who believe in Him--but that God created a person just like us and put Himself into that person, for the express purpose of showing us that He's not counting the sins against us anymore! (the sin which every single one of us is guilty of, no more or less than the next one)

What's the only sin we will owe? Not for those who didn't believe even after we told them the truth--but for those who were discouraged from believing because of something we said that wasn't true and was not a worthy witness to God's mercy.

And we must believe it applies to all men if we apply it to ourselves:
Because God did this miraculous act of love long before most of us were even born as sinners, much less already acknowledged and repented of that sin--all of which is part of that same act of love and ultimate will!

He did it for the world--every soul in the world. Whether or not they realize it now, He did it for them the same as He did it for those to whom He's already made it known. And if we hinder anyone from knowing this, then we are accountable--not for whether or not they believe, but only in regard to telling the truth about the gospel. God decides when they believe, and that is not our job to perform--we are just 'living proof' of His mercy and must not be false witnesses.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Queen read about the good and faithful servent and the bad servent. If we have a chance to tell someone about the cross and we do not GOD will hold us accountable even paul said when he had told people that he had come in contact with about the cross if they chose not to believe then he said i am free of your blood.now about be saved just by the grace of god.Rev chapter14:12Here is the patience of the saints,here are those who keep the commandments of GOD and the faith of jesus..You need a lesson from GOD. You go around teaching things you should not

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by prophetseeker
Queen read about the good and faithful servent and the bad servent. If we have a chance to tell someone about the cross and we do not GOD will hold us accountable even paul said when he had told people that he had come in contact with about the cross if they chose not to believe then he said i am free of your blood.
Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Matthew 24:45-46

What is giving meat in due season?

If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained. But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness. For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. These things command and teach. 1 Timothy 4:6-11

What does the bad servant do?

And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
Matthew 24:49

He offends his fellow servants--smites them, punishes them, pummels them.

now about be saved just by the grace of god.
The grace of God is so mighty that it could save any sinner! And has! Paul says he, himself, was the poster child for this truth--if God was willing and able to save Paul, who had a hand even, in the murder of faithful Stephen, sent by God, himself to speak truths which were recieved with hostility resulting in his death by stoning--then obviously no man is beyond God's ability to save! Paul was so set in his ways and errors of belief that he was killing the faithful of the cross! And in the space of a minute or two, on the road to Damascus, God completely turned Paul around--permanently. He didn't coerce Paul or threaten Paul--He just came to Paul and showed Him the truth of His light. And Paul believed--just like * that.

And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
1 Timothy 1:14-16

Paul was an example for all of us--what God did for Paul He can and will do for all of us.

Rev chapter14:12Here is the patience of the saints,here are those who keep the commandments of GOD and the faith of jesus..You need a lesson from GOD. You go around teaching things you should not
And what is the commandment of Christ Jesus?

He said 'love one another as I have loved you.'

Is it truly loving others to not tell them that the only thing holding them back from God is them, themselves--and the guilt and remorse they no longer need to have--in that He has already made provision for all sins of all men--for all time?

For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
1 Timothy 4:10

God's servants are not to threaten others on His behalf--they are to persuade the world to be reconciled to God--for there is no reason not to believe this! There are no impediments to God's word--no chains that restrict His good grace and mercy to all men. The main thing holding most people back these days, is that they believe they are not accepted just as they are. No one is required to make themselves better before approaching the throne! It is impossible, at any rate. And this, therefore is the reason for the sacrifice--so that not even a single soul should have any reason not to come in supplication before God, believing with fervent heart that He loves us all and that all things work for the good of those who love Him.

He doesn't love us only if we love Him--He loved us even before we knew Him. None of us--not a single solitary soul--has any reason to doubt anything at all--He can and will do all things for the saving of the world, which includes all inhabitants thereof. Whatever is not of faith is of sin. And that is the essence of the 'believing'--and how can one demonstrate faith if one doubts, themselves?

We are to extend the hospitality of the LORD showing--with love and without partiality--just how great God is. For if others see the willingness toward charity in God's people, they will know then, how charitable God, Himself is.

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Matthew 25:34-36

There are hard times coming up in the world, and many who have no hope will suffer in fear and desolation, thinking there is nothing after that. To allow them to believe only evil, in the darkness, is not love, and it is dead faith. But to instill in them, by deeds and example, that God is life and love, and all things hopeful and good, that is love. We are to edify each other, not hurt each other. It is not our job to judge another sinner--only to make known there is relief for one and all from the gloom we presently live under.

new topics

top topics

join