It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 Commercials That Are Ruining America!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
That damned and dread Dyson vacuum commericial with that dreadfully boring European gentleman. Boring man, boring machine, boring commericial!

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
THAT FREAKING "COLD HEAT" COMMERCIAL.

God, that annoys the crap out of me. They play the exact same commercial THREE TIMES IN A ROW. And it's, like, 1 1/2 minutes long. (no joke!)

Also, that one with the singing dog is soooo annoying. People sing that blasted song everywhere I go. It makes me want to rip my hair out.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Commercials That Are Ruining America

Anything from the pharmaceutical pill pushers.

Hey! If there's something wrong with me, I'll know it, or my doctor will tell me and recommend something. It's not "Ask your doctor about the purple pill" when you have nothing wrong with you or don't even know what the damn pill does.

Anything from the fast food industry.

Suggar and fat pushers. See the movie "Super Size Me" and read the book "Fast Food Nation".
Yum!

And, in my opinion, Military Recruitment Commercials.

They're actually music vidoes. They make them look like some cool video game or cool action movie or that if you join they will train everyone to be an engineer or computer wizard so you can get a "real job" after your free college.

As for specific commercials... Those OnStar morons need to be shot. "Oh OnStar you saved my life your the best!" .... for opening a car door! or those that make you feel that without a car having gps traking and remote control features you're an incompetent parent...

Oh and that big-headed BK guy really creeps me out. I don't get where hes coming from and I'm afraid to find out!

edit: brain fart

[edit on 8/10/2005 by Gools]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShreddedIce
THAT FREAKING "COLD HEAT" COMMERCIAL.

God, that annoys the crap out of me. They play the exact same commercial THREE TIMES IN A ROW. And it's, like, 1 1/2 minutes long. (no joke!)

Ya that is one annoying commercial, they play it at least twice in every show on the Millitary Channel. It's soooo long. It's around 2 minutes long.

Another annoying one it that Lime Coke commecial.

When my cousins come over they watch kid shows and I have to watch them during the day. A McDonalds commercial came on. Rotten Ronnie was dressed up in a sweat suit and was telling the kids to get up and be active. He told the kids to get up and wave your arms around like seagulls. This was an obvious attempt to clean up there image of very unheathy food. Funny how they got children to act like seagulls, they both go to McDonalds and eat garbage!

[edit on 8/10/2005 by GoldEagle]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

When my cousins come over they watch kid shows and I have to watch them during the day. A McDonalds commercial came on. Rotten Ronnie was dressed up in a sweat suit and was telling the kids to get up and be active. He told the kids to get up and wave your arms around like seagulls. This was an obvious attempt to clean up there image of very unheathy food. Funny how they got children to act like seagulls, they both go to McDonalds and eat garbage!

I forgot about that one! Yeah, my little cousins came over a couple of days ago and that was on. It was called "Activation Station" or something like that. Then, he told them to act like they were swimming, and THEN there was this corny little song that they danced and "swam" to. I nearly tore out my digestive system before it was over.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I add.. a local Radio Commericial. if any of you are in the St. Louis, or St. Charles, and listen to Coast to Coast radio show, I am SURE you have heard those damn annoying Enchanted Attic commericials.

Nothing more annoying that "Come to the Enchanted Attic, Come to the Enchanted Attic, Come to the Enchanted Attic, Come to the Enchanted Attic, Come to the Enchanted Attic, Come to the Enchanted Attic, Come to the Enchanted Attic, Come to the Enchanted Attic..." and so on like 50 times. The other commericial is the same woman doing the most terriable radio acting performance ever, where she talks about the store. They all sound "grossly overweight".

Too bad they don't have a website, because I would tell them how much their advertisements suck.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Haha Godzilla, that sounds funny!

I'd like to add the empire glass commercial. You know the one where they have like, a fourth of a second clip of what looks like a ball of white powder hitting a windshield, then immediately cut to the guys putting the windshield back on? Yeah, it used to have a guy that would say "Hi, I'm Rick from Empire Glass", but I think he got murdered by a hooker or something (Seriously). Anyway, it's about.....5 seconds of commercial altogether, then they just start showing food from a place called chuy's, because apparently you get 24 free dinners if you go to Empire glass. It's so ridiculous! They couldn't even show a real window breaking!

It's probably just a local Arizona commercial though, so a lot of you may not have seen it.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman

a fourth of a second clip of what looks like a ball of white powder hitting a windshield, then immediately cut to the guys putting the windshield back on?

There is one very VERY simular in Illinios. A Stupid commericial of a guy that gets his windshield smashed and The Auto-Glass Experts appear out of nowhere replacing his windshield. It's utterly lame

Now on the local lameness.

When I was in San Diego, The AUTO Insurance Commericial were Dreadfully stupid.

A guy singing... and people acting stupid in San Diego...
"Having fun in the sun and you're on the run, but you got have it, total-budget, totally-total budget, Auto Insurance!"

Another San Diego Local commericial I HATED...From a Lawyer
Lawyer asks "Who's on the case???"
"RON LOMBA." and everyone gets serious
"If you need an expert insurance lawyer, fight for your rights.. With Ron Lomba!'

Yet another one..
"I'm Larry H. Parker, and I WILL FIGHT FOR YOU!"
"Larry H. Parker got me 2.2 Million"

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The One-touch Diabetes Commericial!! I hate that one very much.

"I'm a runner, a grade a student, a brother, a son and a diabetic"

Basically he is saying I have all this great stuff going for me and I could also be your brother or son with diabetes.

I could CARELESS. I wouldn't want that dork to be my brother. It's marketed towards anyone or anyone you know with diabetes. It's advertising goal eludes me. Only self-proclaimed cool and succcesful people get diabetes? Or Do they want to make having diabetes cool?

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Another commercial I hate is that horrid money grabbing scheme. The testifyers say "I thought It was another one of those get rich quick schemes, but guess what, I did" "I never thought I would be making 50,000$ a month but I am!". Ive seen better acting in the Elementary School Play.

And I hate Hair Loss Drug commercials. The poor idiots keep wondering why they are bald. Ill tell you why! They keep taking hair LOSS drugs. Why dont they take hair growth drugs if they want hair

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this is real, or if I'm just imagining it, but I hate commercials where they try to use the announcer's voice to make you hungry. The Cheez-it (not sure if they're still one) commercials are a good example. They have this dude with a really deep voice, and he just enunciates his words in a which makes it seem like he's trying to make you hungry. I've seen it done in other commercials as well, but it doesn't make me hungry, just pisses me off. "Cheez-it. Get your own box". Oh great, what an edgy in-your-face CRACKER!

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
TWO TV Commericials...

"BUY SOME OXYCLEAN NOW! CALL US NOW TO BUY SOME OXY CLEAN!!"
This dude shouts at you to "BUY SOME OXYCLEAN. WATCH IT REMOVE STAINS LEADING BRAND CAN'T!!"

Stupid Playtex Commericial with Hot Chick working out and behaving like a drunk retard.
It reminds me of a cheap rip-off of the Juliana Hatfield video "A Heart that hurts in a heart that works".

And one Radio Commericial in the St. Louis Area (If you listen to the lowest AM station, The one with Coast to Coast, You've heard it before)

I don't even know what they are selling, but some woman is sings "For the rest of your life, for the rest of your life, you've gotta be there" Then an old guy says where it's at. Very puzzling commericial.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The commercial that I hate the most are these McDonalds commercials for their "resturant" style chicken sandwiches. I'm sorry, but a place that has a bad reputation shouldn't be trying to improve it's image that way!

My version of On-Star

(tones going off) Station 15 respond, I-77 Northbound between the 92 and 93 Milemarker. Have a report of a tractor - trailer that has overturned and is leaking an unknown substance. Time out 10:37.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Latest Commericial to be ruining America.

The Bissell ad!

"The Flor" Commericial, some wet-dry vacuum, can make a floor so clean, you can litterly eat off it, as with the fictional restaurant "Flor", It's really a moot commericial because, "Flor" probably doesn't exist and no health department would allow that.

From this website: susansscribblings.homestead.com...

"Is the Flor Restaurant in the Bissell ad a real place?" The caption at the bottom of the screen says it is not real, and probably health officials would try to shut down such an operation. However, there are many cultures that eschew tables, so maybe the future will find us reading about a place like Flor being run by somebody like Emeril Legasse!

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I remember one that annoyed me, it was a radio commercial that started out with a Bob Dylan song, since I listen to a station that plays Bob Dylan I get all excited cause it is a great song, then a damn commercial voice comes in, Everytime!

Or all the political commercials from the republicans.
"If you don't vote for Bush Gays are gonna eat your babies!"
"Sure Kerry fought in Vietnam because he was to stupid to dodge the draft!"
"Sure he stole the last election so why not vote for him this time so he doesn't have to steal it?"

Damn political commercials suck.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
"I don't think I like chicken!"

This commercial makes me mad enough to power-bomb a kitten down a flight of stairs (I'm only kidding, animal cruelty is no joke :shk:.) Anyway, this annoying little girl is in her mom's shopping cart. Everytime she reaches to grab something it's "I don't liiiike chicken!". "I don't liiike vegetables!". Then it shows the product, and the mom reaches for waffles, and the little girl says "I don't think I like waffles!". Too bad you spoiled little brat! Since when does the 3 year old child decide what she's going to eat instead of the mom!? And just the way she says it...with that shrill voice...UGH.

[edit on 18-8-2005 by Herman]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Those Tortino commercials. That one were all those kids sneek downstairs, make Tortinos (hot pocket ripoff) and then one kid takes a bite and yells "My Tortino tastes like a taco", and then all the kids join exclaiming what their Tortino tastes like. Like I give a funk what your funking tortino tastes like. That funking commercial annoyed me to no end.

Note: I am now replacing the F word with "funking" in all my posts, in honor of the airline version of Shaun of the Dead.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Currently ruining America....

The latest Jenny Craig Commercial. It is so new, I doubt most of you have seen it yet.. It shows torso of women dancing. Then the narrators mentions shake and some woman in a yellow-tube top vigorously shakes.
I believe Fergie, Duchess of York is in it. I HATE that commercial.

Here is an oldie..

Sleep Away! from 1980. "Sleep Sleep...Sleep Away those pounds!" I was about 4 years old when it came out, even I at 4 years old in 1980, knew it was BS.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The Bod Man commercials! They're stupid. I don't know what else to say! "Check out that bod". Shut the Hell up! A body spray isn't suddenly going to turn you into bod man. AGH, IT'S PLAYING RIGHT NOW!!

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
I am sick of the Duece Bigolo preview.

The commercial that really burned me up was the one that begins with a noise that sounds just like the national emergency alert system, and then tries to sell you their product. I forget what they were selling.

Grrrrrrr

Ebert and Roeper voted this the worst movie of the decade. 2 thumbs way down. Watch the 40 year old virgin instead.

Originally posted by Gools

As for specific commercials... Those OnStar morons need to be shot. "Oh OnStar you saved my life your the best!" .... for opening a car door! or those that make you feel that without a car having gps traking and remote control features you're an incompetent parent...

I second this motion, as I also hated that onstar commercial. For the same reasons, it makes you feel incompetent.

other

I also hate the the promotion of the "I'm loving it" McD commercials. On the other hand I like the recent McD ads that take place in an office, with a guy eating a meal, and theres this fan behind him. All the other office people start breathing in and out. That just cracked me up.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join