It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just got something for nothing!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Before I explain what I got I'm going to have to give backround. My 2 older brothers used to play Magic The Gathering all the time. Now 1 of my brothers is in college and the other is married and has moved away. They both left their Magic The Gathering cards in my houses storage space. I asked my brothers if I could have them and they told me, "sure". I thought they were worthless, common cards. I just sold them for 20 bucks!
I thought the most I'd get out of them would be 2-4 dollars! *sigh* Sorry if you guys think this thread is meaningless but I had to wear of the excitment of the moment somehow.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
20 bucks? surely you couldve gotten ;more, i knew some ppl hardcore into that stuff lol!

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
20 bucks? surely you couldve gotten ;more

Probably but I don't know people and had been looking to sell the cards for a while. Also I get paid 10.00 a week on my job and my parents force me to chop that 10.00 into Long Term Savings, Short Term Savings, Tithe, Pocket money. By the time I'm done doing that I have maybe $4 to spend the way I want too. With this thing I get to spend all of the 20 the way I want too. the 20 plus my Short Term savings= New Video Game or Sword. I haven't decided which.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   

i miss the days when 20 bucks seemed like a grip heh

10 bucks a week?

I hope you are working no more than 2 hours.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I paid a kid at a garage sale 2 bucks for an old Tonka fire truck.
It was probably 30 years old..Made of unsafe sharp metal..LOL

I sold it for 45 dollars about a week later..
Man, I felt guilty..So I went back to the house where I bought it..Talked to his mom..And gave him 15 bucks of my profits...hehe..

not a good business move, for sure..

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

10 bucks a week?

Well, I'm working about 3 hours a week. And each hour is seperated by a day so I figure that I got it good. Not to mention its more like a pity job since it was my parents who gave me the job in the first place.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Ahaha.. Use to play that when I was younger.

You know you proablly could have made 100s if not 1000s off them.

When I was 12 or so, that was my main income.. selling those things.

[edit on 6-8-2005 by Ksnazdnzon]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
man the way to bank is to sell candy at school

25 cents for like a tear jerker (anyone remember those?)

or like an atomic fireball
or make some cinnamon tooth picks.

use to sell them in elementry hehehe

it's like having crack around a buncha fiends.

YO I ain't got 25 cent but give me a mintue! hhahaha

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yep, use to do the same when I was in elementary.

Just go to the store by a bunch of candy and sell it for like 5x during recess.

[edit on 6-8-2005 by Ksnazdnzon]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
well you could like go to sams and buy one those buckets of fireballs for like what 6 bucks? :p

but honestly good way to make money just gotta avoid the teachers :p

Everybody wants a piece of your pie!

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Same here, someone needed me to babysit 4 kids (her 3 and an other one) while the parents were outside at a party

They paid me $20 for just watching a movie

and now I'm being paid $25 to pet sit for 5 days when I would have paid them to let me pet sit

cutest little guinnie pig

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I got something for nothing before... two incidences come ot mind...
one was when i got 10 bucks from an old man at the train station , another time I got free fireworks from an attendant at the gas station (he owned the place)...

Right place at right time? Or is it because i'm irresistable to the eye?

(half kidding)

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
one was when i got 10 bucks from an old man at the train station

Umm...what exactly where you wearing cause uhhh...he might have expected "something" in return.

kinda funny when you think about it

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I shouldnt tell you about the things I get for free, it would seem like bragging
(but I will)

I am not rich, but I work in a buying office and I often get to keep the samples.

Ill give you some highlights:

- Games and software, up the wazoo, all platforms. I mean everything, too many to mention. I can get these every day.
- Creative labs Zen extra 30gb jukebox
- Garmin GPS
- Sirrus mobile radio
- Top of the line Norelco electric razor
- NEC/Mitsubishi 19inch 8ms LCD (this thing is hot)
- Energizer UPS
- Countless game controlers, keyboards, mice, video adaptors, canned air like its going out of style, HD coolers and fans, and about every other PC accesory you could imagine.
- Books. I mean stacks of them. I get books almost every day.
- Too many housewares and office supplies to mention
- Health and Beuty stuff, I havent paid for any over the counter drugs in years.

Actually, its silly to list the stuff. Over the years it has been overwhelming. The food. OMG the food, its all over the place every day. We need to eat it or throw it out. Its sick (we donate a great deal).

But I guess the point of my reply is: I will never get sick of free stuff. It just touches that little part inside us that makes us giddy. I bet Bill Gates still gets excited when he gets free stuff.

Ever find a buck or a five dollar bill in your pants that you forgot about? I love that

Grats on your free $20!!

[edit on 10-8-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
That reminds me of a story that my Dad told me. Once when my sister was 5 years old she picked up some gold ear rings. She got to keep them because no one claimed them after a couple of days.
I love that law that says if you find something you have to put up advertisements but after 30 days or something you get to keep what you found.
Also I just remembered that one time I found a 3-cent peice from 1856 stuck in the corner of a drawer in a newly boughten peice of furniture.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   

i miss the days when 20 bucks seemed like a grip heh

10 bucks a week?

I miss those days too.....n I'm only 18...O_O

20 bucks is like nothing, Maybe if I got like 5000 for selling something I'd be pleased, it would HELP pay for some of the expenses..

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reikuro

Originally posted by TrueLies
one was when i got 10 bucks from an old man at the train station

Umm...what exactly where you wearing cause uhhh...he might have expected "something" in return.

kinda funny when you think about it

Jeans and a shirt, nothing skanky or cheap looking, he gave me ten bucks because I was short for my train ride home back home from ottawa...It was a very nice gesture, I was going to pay him back after I got the money but I lost his address...
I feel bad to this day about that.

what other things have I gotten for free that i can think of.
coffee
drugs
dinners
movies
cars
clothes
books
me stop now, can't think, hurt head.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   

man the way to bank is to sell candy at school

25 cents for like a tear jerker (anyone remember those?)

or like an atomic fireball
or make some cinnamon tooth picks.

use to sell them in elementry hehehe

it's like having crack around a buncha fiends.

YO I ain't got 25 cent but give me a mintue! hhahaha

Some kid made a 100 dollar profit selling gum at school this year. LoL I plan to go to this actual bolk store (liek restuarant bulk) and buy a few big thigns of gum and some other candy. And you can really demand any price make it high and let them nogatiate it down a little to think they win. i'll be rich! Some people get like 1 dollar for a stick of gum. I'm like wow..... are they all that stupid? I just either 1.take or 2. beg or C. Blackmail into gettign stuff at school.

new topics

top topics

join