It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Skies....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I used to work nights back when this series was on...but I got a chance to see the pilot episode last night.....

For anyone into this subject, it's a VERY well-done show on aspects of Majestic, etc. The re-enactment of the Hill interview was chilling....and all I know is, I will definitely be looking for this old series on DVD.

These folks definitely did their homework for this show....and I think anyone into this subject would enjoy it....

Man, it sucks that I missed this back when it was on....

(this will probably go to BTS, but thought I'd show it here first)...

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Where can we see it ?

I guess I've never heard of Dark Skies before.

Is it a show or a documentary?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
TV Series.... A lot of fiction thrown it too, but there are also very real names/cases mentioned, etc.

imdb.com...

No wonder this was so well done....same guy that penned "Official Denial"!

"My job is to write a TV series," Zabel points out, "and come up with good stories. But do I believe there's truth at the core of this? Yes, I do.

"I've been interested in UFOs since I was a kid," Zabel recalls, "reading the original UFO books by people like Donald Kehoe, and later Betty and Barney Hill's Interrupted Journey. I didn't really believe in flying saucers, but I found the topic interesting. I became interested in saucers again in the mid-eighties and, during the writer's strike in 1988, I wrote a 'spec' script called Progenitor, which later became the Sci-Fi Channel's first original movie, Official Denial. That was my effort to make sense of what I thought of the saucer phenomenon at that time.

www.geocities.com...

[edit on 6-8-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Don't listen to Gazrok,
he's been gangliated.

(joking)

I thought Dark Skies was a great show.
Big fan here.

All you hetero guys will love 'seven-of-nine' (Jerry Hall, Voyager) as the russian spy.
I liked the feel of the show. It really caught something of that 1960s atmosphere very well. I also thought the lead guy was pretty hot.

The lead villian also got that stern military dominator attitude down too.

edit: spelling

[edit on 6-8-2005 by slank]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I saw an episode of Dark Skies just last night on Encore Mystery. Those Encore channels occasionally play an episode or two. I used to love that show when it was on...too bad it they couldn't take the storyline into the 70s, 80s, and 90s like they had intended too.

Oh the days when there used to be UFO shows on TV... those where good days. Of course those were the 90s and the 90s were paradise compared to the living hell we're in now...in more than one way.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
That pilot was interesting, and the amount of real information mixed into the fantasy was really well done.

I got a little chill when the main character said 'I know about Project Grunge and Project Sign. I know more than you realize'. Can't you just see yourself in that role with the chance to get inside?

How stange to see what was once some of the most classified projects in America as part of a work of fiction.

Once the main character had been shown the Roswell pics and the body he asked 'What if I say no?' The response was 'You can't'. Now I know many people will interpret that as 'If you say no you die', but I see it a little differently, once you saw something like that how could you turn away. I know I could not.

A.T
(-)

[edit on 8/7/05 by Alexander Tau]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Brilliant show for the time. Wish I had known it was going to go out of syndication when SciFi was running it, I would have recorded all the episodes.

It says something about where we really might be... I'm not sure...

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   
It's a great show. I was hoping Roswell would be sort of like it. My hope was shattered. Roswell 90210?

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Excellent show, from what i remember it involves majestic 12 and all that. It takes a strange turn later on though i think and i dont think they made very many episodes, anyway youcould probably find it on DVD.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I remember it, it was on late night but was watchable - I also remember some guy in an interview somewhere rambling on about how it was closer to the truth than many people thought, but I can't remember who that was or where it was sorry.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Another fan of the show here... Simply amazing that NBC won't release the complete series on DVD as it does have a large following (good thing there are other ways to find it..heh
). IMHO, another excellent series on the subject is "Taken" by Spielberg, where incidentally the fellow playing the lead part in Dark Skies, plays a smaller part (as an ET, this time).

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Dark skies was a kick ass show

I heard the show was cancled by the government, becuase man I knew alot of people watched it and it couldve gone on for more seasons

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Awesome stuff, completely destroyed X-Files in terms of inter-relations with accepted conspiracy theories and factual knowledge.

A few videos were released of it.... to be honest, I would cross your fingers it comes to DVD as it didn't do very well which was a shame.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
There is really no doubt it will come out as a full set of DVDs, it is just a matter of time. They know they can make money that way and I have already seen things that did even worse out there. I got the whole set of 'Wonderfalls' not too long ago and that came and went almost instantly.

I think Dark Skys was just a little too early, there really was much too much truth to it to be on the air when it was orginally broadcast. Someday everyone is going to look back at it and marvel that it ever got on the air at all.

A.T
(-)

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Correction: Jeri Ryan, Not Jerry Hall.

Was it filmed in black and white or was that just the set i was watching on?

I remember growing up back when TV was all black and white and the magic first time some friends had a color TV. It was pretty amazing bach then. I remember the NBC peacock with the paintbrush tail. "In living color"

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I got the whole set of 'Wonderfalls' not too long ago and that came and went almost instantly.

An excellent show! From an ET angle, I just got The Greatest American Hero all on DVD!
"Ok kid, grab the jammies, here's the scenario!" (cheesy, but good!)

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The show was indeed very good - however don't count on it coming out on DVD.

For all we know - it got a little to close to the truth (hopefully not about the ganglions tho)

I really liked the early episode - because I thought it was very good at showing how people could become corrupted within these black ops groups - even if they started off as good men and soldiers.

In the end they end up being enemies of Humanity using every dirty trick in the book as things go out of control - I think this is exactly what has happened in "real" life.

Its a case of who watches the watchers - with a little bit of power corrupts absolutely mixed in.

In the end the truth is really what Humanity needs, I mean at least let the educated know whats going on - for better or worse thats my opinion.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I remember watching an episode of this back when it was on TV, probably mid-nineties, my little mind back then couldn't really grasp it though so i didn't watch it again. I would be interested in seeing it now though, especially as a lot of you were impressed by it. I may keep an eye out for the VHS. I just did a search on eBay and someone is selling the entire Season 1, sounds like it is copied, but some may be interested.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It was kind of a cult fave, I'm sure we'll see it on DVD eventually...

really liked the early episode - because I thought it was very good at showing how people could become corrupted within these black ops groups - even if they started off as good men and soldiers

An excellent observation, and I agree, that this kind of angle was what made it so interesting.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Hmm...

The complete series appears to be on Ebay for sale - either a non standard or bootleg coverted release.

Regardless, this is pretty cool!

cgi.ebay.com...

Get it while you can!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join