It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RFID for all U.S. Citizens? Is this new?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
www.rednova.com...

I am usually pretty good at keeping up w/ things like this...however this is the first time I've seen this come about here. I read an article not too long ago about it being pushed in Europe, but not here.

Do you guys think it will make it?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Knowing how peopl arent as strong as they were years ago, this will probably go through. I can assure you there is no way I will ever have a Verichip, or any of that inserted, Ill jsut carry around my doctoral history, which shouldnt be hard, becuase I have no diagnosed problems as of yet.

The only way they can get this in me is if I am heavily sedated, and unable to refuse it. In that case it really is a breach of civil liberties.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This is scary especially if they start making people use them for health reasons and/or other applications.

Here is a link on the FDA approved verichip:
www.engadget.com...

And another one about possible health risks with the chip:
www.sierratimes.com...

Here is an article about linking the chips to other things such as GPS.
www.klamathbucketbrigade.org...

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Why would they even have the chip go under your skin if this was not something to eventually track everyone. It would be healthier to have it a as a piece of jewelry ( I never remove my wedding ring, but at least I have a choice in the matter) or something you could keep in your wallet/purse?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
And gun owners – heads up! On April 13, 2004 , Applied Digital Solutions announced that its wholly owned subsidiary, VeriChip Corporation, has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with FN Manufacturing, a leading gun manufacturer, to develop a first in the world of firearms. Their objective is an integrated” User Authorization System” for firearms using VeriChip RFID technology. You shall be chipped in order to keep and bear. You had to know that was coming considering the 30-year, non-stop efforts to deny you of your 2nd Amendment rights. (A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state , the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.)

link Scroll down half way

One word sums this up for me. "NEVER"

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
By all means, check this out. It's a thread I started awhile back concerning RFID chips.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Also, check out this site. It's founder is fighting to stop this invasion of privacy.

www.nocards.org

[edit on 9-8-2005 by Toelint]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Why would they even have the chip go under your skin if this was not something to eventually track everyone. It would be healthier to have it a as a piece of jewelry ( I never remove my wedding ring, but at least I have a choice in the matter) or something you could keep in your wallet/purse?

My sentiments exactly, especially since these new chips are easily implantable in such things as Driver's Licenses. I think a lot depends on what you expect a specific chip to do. The older chips are like the ones implanted in some pets. You need a wand to find it and read it. However Technology today has chips that DO have their own power sources and antennas, for satellite tracking.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
They may feel that having it in a piece of jewlery or driver's license would be a little dangerous if you lost the darned thing. Costs would certainly be expensive to replace. Imagine identity theft if someone got a hold of your data! I think the whole thing is really scary.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
RFID tags have been around for a while now. There is a ton of information out there on it, but many folks still don't have a clue as to what it is or what is going on. For this reason, I started my research project. If you want to know more check it out. I try to complete one article each day.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My next installment, hopefully to be finished and posted tomorrow is RFID applications in humans part 1: Tagging. This gives a short history on ID process and the smart cards. The next installment will deal with implants.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Dark Elf,

Thanks for the links. That's great. I'll read up on it. I remember talk about it some years back when it was first thought that people could carry around their medical history on a chip. Obviously now there are so many applications that it makes the mind boggle. What I don't understand is how people would willingly want to get an implant. Didn't some of the articles mention some testing on clubbers in Spain and elsewhere in Europe?

new topics

top topics

join