It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

places not to go.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Come to Canada, it's not far from home, more money for your dollar, try Nova Scotia or Newfoundland, beautiful coastline, amazing beaches,all the crab and lobster(best in the world) my opinion,you can eat for cheap,for you not the kids great Cdn. beer:w: the crime is very low, the newspapers report more community get togethers, than murder. That's always a good incentive.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Why not vacation in Victoria, BC? It's awesome!

Have you narrowed your options yet?

Adonsa

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adonsa
You might want to think twice before sending your teenage daughter alone to Aruba. Bonaire has a reputation for rental-car larceny.

Bonaire is not Aruba. It's a different island 100 km's away from here. We used to be part of the same country, the Netherlands Antilles though.

Where did you hear about the rental-car larceny?? Those lazy Boneiriano's??? Hahaha... (No offence to Bonerians, we Arubians like to make fun of them, even though we're often related...
)

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Bonaire is not Aruba. It's a different island 100 km's away from here. We used to be part of the same country, the Netherlands Antilles though.

Where did you hear about the rental-car larceny?? Those lazy Boneiriano's??? Hahaha... (No offence to Bonerians, we Arubians like to make fun of them, even though we're often related...
)

I heard about rental car break-ins in Bonaire thru SCUBA channels. At the last DEMA show I stopped by one of the Bonaire booths and inquired. The lady said that if divers must avoid leaving personnel belongings in unattended rental vehicles, then the vehicles are usually not broken into. Although underwater photography vicinity Bonaire looks great, Bonaire is not my first choice of dive destinations. Sorry 'bout that.
-----
To add to the list of places not to go. I think it's Dominica where they crucify your bank account if you make an overseas long distance phone call. Hotels in Greece used to do that (they probably still do) like over $120 for a 3 minute overseas phone call. They say it's "labor intensive" to connected to the undersea cable.

Here's a place not to go. Denver Airport. Changing planes there is ok, but if you're flying to DEN, from the time you get off the airplane until the time you are off the airport property is 2-4 hours due to rental car sluggishness. If you fly into Colorado Springs, you can drive to downtown DEN and get there faster than if you fly into the new DEN airport. Departing DEN, the security checkpoint has always taken at least 1 hr 10 minutes, sometimes more. So that means that you need to be at the DEN airport at least 2.5 hrs prior to "wheels up time." UA pax have chronic baggage problems in DEN due to 10 years of failures of their automated baggage sorting system. I hate to report this, but I think the UA ticket counter employees have an attitude problem in DEN. No, I didn't mess with em, all I did was "Hi, how are you"

Here's yet another. DFW airport during thunderstorms. Years ago somebody got struck by lightning out on the ramp, so anytime lightning is striking anywhere near DFW, the airport goes in to paralysis and all outdoor operations halts until the wx improves.

Here's another. Don't visit South central Oklahoma City, south of the RR tracks. Even the cops won't patrol that area. I think East LA is a place to avoid.

I hope I'm helping the guy out - trying to think of bad places to avoid.

Adonsa

Mod Edit: BB Code.

[edit on 11/11/2005 by Mirthful Me]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join