It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elusive sniper saps US morale in Baghdad

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Yeah souljah I believe I saw that video where the kid attempted to snipe a marine, but his armor saved him. The kid was caught.

No seriously, nice propaganda. Why don't you report a one day total for some Marine Recon snipers? I know it's embarassing for your Jihad heroes. What are you trying to make here a Zaitsev? We can all go watch Enemy at the Gates for a two hour yarn, or maybe Sniper with Tom Berenger. Better yet why not just curl up with the story of Carlos Hathcock the Marine sniper and read some REAL material.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy
"The second thing a sniper shouldn't have is called the Texas Tower Syndrome. Which basically means a sniper who gets such a thrill out of killing their subjects that they kill more than they need to. This is a maniac. A cold blooded killer, whom enjoys killing people. "

Lets hope he doesn't kill more than he has to, or come back to America, and murder people out of pure pleasure.

I have to Agree with You here.

Killing one too many can Quickly Resolve in a "Texas Tower Syndrome" and that basicly means he is on the same level as the Serb Snipers, that Shot just about EVERYBODY in the Siege of Sarajevo from their Hidden Positions.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Snipers are the worst for athe soldier, he can't see em', and he can't protect himself against em'...

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Souljah, do you have anymore information on the serb sniper?

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by vincere7
Yeah souljah I believe I saw that video where the kid attempted to snipe a marine, but his armor saved him. The kid was caught.

No seriously, nice propaganda. Why don't you report a one day total for some Marine Recon snipers? I know it's embarassing for your Jihad heroes. What are you trying to make here a Zaitsev? We can all go watch Enemy at the Gates for a two hour yarn, or maybe Sniper with Tom Berenger. Better yet why not just curl up with the story of Carlos Hathcock the Marine sniper and read some REAL material.

I believe this site has the video you are referring to:

Site

[edit on 9-8-2005 by Pyros]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Carlos Hathcock.....called Halfcocked. The Marine with the most comfirmed kills in Vietnam.....

You have to turn off the human feeling and concentrate on the target.
It is much easier when you convince yourself you have valid reasons.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Situation in Sarajevo, however, remained extremely tense, with Bosnian Serb sniper fire deliberately aimed at civilians, and artillery and heavy mortar fire aimed at population aeras.

There were SEVERAL Serb Snipers aiming at civilans deliberately working in entire Bosnia and Croatia thruout the Yugoslav Civil-War, especially in the Siege of Sarajevo:

The second half of 1992 and first half of 1993 were the height of the Siege of Sarajevo. Various atrocities were committed, and fighting was heavy in what many deemed the worst military siege since Stalingrad. Serbian forces from outside the city continuously shelled the government defenders. Meanwhile, some Serbs from inside the city had joined the besiegers' cause. Most of the major military forts and arms supplies within the city were in Serbian control. Snipers roamed the city all over as "Pazite, Snajper!" ("Beware, Sniper!") became a common sign. Some streets were so dangerous to cross or use that they became known as "Sniper Alleys". Some neighborhoods of the city were taken over by the Serbs, especially in Novo Sarajevo, as Serbian offensives into parts of the city were met with success.

Red triangles represent snipers' posts, and their fields of fire shaded in yellow. The red thin line is the Sniper Alley.

"Sniper Alley" is informal name for the main boulevard in Sarajevo which during the Bosnian War was lined with snipers' posts, and became infamous as a dangerous place for civilians to traverse. The road connects the industrial part of the city to the Old Town's cultural and historic sites. The boulevard itself has many high-rise buildings giving sniper shooters extensive fields of fire.

I hope that this Somewhat Answers Your Questions.

[edit on 9/8/05 by Souljah]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Go Juba!

Slaughter the petro-mercenaries!

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alex_De_Large
Go Juba!

Wow. Is this kind of stuff allowed here?

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
One of the greatest videos out there.

www.iraq-war.ru front article to get video.

[edit on 9-11-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

Go Juba!

No it isnt, I have seen people get banned for less. I cant imagine that will allowed, because if it is I have some things I have been wanting to say....

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
if it is I have some things I have been wanting to say....

You and me both...

Where is a mod when you need one?

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Soulja has no integrity and is wthout honor. He is present here for only one purpose and that is to belittle and smear the US and her allies. He is the enemy and his weapons are lies.

Well he's just got my first WayAbove

Keep walking in the light, Souljah.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I have some things I have been wanting to say....

Yes, we know, you've been holding your breath for days now. Please tell us what's on your mind.

All right everyone, back on topic, and can everyone please refrain from making Rambo type statements as if they actually contribute to the discussion. If you can't discuss the topic, then please just read what others are saying and refrain from posting.

[edit on 9-11-2005 by dbates]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

Go Juba!

No it isnt, I have seen people get banned for less. I cant imagine that will allowed, because if it is I have some things I have been wanting to say....

What is the problem? I can't root for the underdog? I have to root for the petro-chemical mercenary crusaders?

Fine. Slaughter the Iraqi terrorist scum and cover their soil with uranium! We must induce maximum mutation into the terrorist larvae!

USA! USA!

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I honestly doubt that this guy is really as bad for morale as claimed, seeing how his kill rate is horrible. 2 out of 8? Sorry, but it seems like the Guardian, true to its nature, really doesnt know what its talking about.

I know if I was back in uniform and walking around with this guy out there, Id hardly give homeboy a second thought.

Im willing to bet morale is low due to other things, like a long extended stay in Iraq with no clear goal of exactly what ends they are supposed to achieve.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I think it makes the Troops pretty nervous, knowing that there IS a Sniper outhere, aiming and watching them, waiting to take a shot. It's kind of Bad for Morale, you know? The MAIN point is that he remains Hidden, not that he kills everyone he shoots.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I think it makes the Troops pretty nervous, knowing that there IS a Sniper outhere, aiming and watching them, waiting to take a shot. It's kind of Bad for Morale, you know? The MAIN point is that he remains Hidden, not that he kills everyone he shoots.

They should use some the sniper detection systems that they currently have in Iraq to track this guy down, all it takes is one shot for the system to detect you.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Situation in Sarajevo, however, remained extremely tense, with Bosnian Serb sniper fire deliberately aimed at civilians, and artillery and heavy mortar fire aimed at population aeras.

There were SEVERAL Serb Snipers aiming at civilans deliberately working in entire Bosnia and Croatia thruout the Yugoslav Civil-War, especially in the Siege of Sarajevo:

This reminds me of the movie Welcome to Sarajevo, where a sniper shoots a couple getting married. Very disturbing scene.

Good movie, too. Here's a link if anyone's interested.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
So anyone find out what happened to this sniper ?

Did they get him.....or he still out there.

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join