It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elusive sniper saps US morale in Baghdad

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Good post Souljah, interesting article as I read, like you I thought of the movie Enemy at the gate.
I find it funny how people want to snipe at you for posting news

they can't comment on the article so insult the provider.
Keep up the good work

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
would it be wrong to scream BOOM HEADSHOT!

Try hitting me, I can dance all day I can dance all day! Bring your tank I got frags I got frags!

My hearts pounding, my hands are shaking hands are shaking BUT I am still getting the headshots! it's like BOOM HEADSHOT!

all is fair in love and war.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
would it be wrong to scream BOOM HEADSHOT!

Try hitting me, I can dance all day I can dance all day! Bring your tank I got frags I got frags!

My hearts pounding, my hands are shaking hands are shaking BUT I am still getting the headshots! it's like BOOM HEADSHOT!

Errrr... say What?

Have I missed Something here?

I tried to Understand your Posts but it somehow puzzles me....

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
eh, just me goofing off. This might give you a bit more of insight on what I'm talking about. :p

Makes me wonder how long until I see that named used by someone on an online game who is a sniper whore.

I can snipe with an m4 lol

but back on topic, atleast he has some sort of code, and isnt killing his own. and like I said before. Allahs fair in love and war.

[edit on 6-8-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

This might give you a bit more of insight on what I'm talking about. :p

I was just this minute looking for that VERY video to post on another board!! Thanks.

[edit on 6-8-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

eh, just me goofing off. This might give you a bit more of insight on what I'm talking about. :p

Makes me wonder how long until I see that named used by someone on an online game who is a sniper whore.

Very Insightful Video - you think this guy is for real or was he Goofing off too for this video Only?

Anyway nice Link - you a member of Online CT Team also?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
nah, no clan tag for me, I run rogue.

I'm sure its a matter of time until I run across a terrorist with his name.

and fps doug is part of Pure Pwnage give it a look if your board(bored)

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It may have been the Guardian that first posted this, or it may have been this site, sympathetic to the terrorists:
www.iraq-war.ru...

Whatever. He'll be taken out soon, I hope.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
It may have been the Guardian that first posted this, or it may have been this site, sympathetic to the terrorists:
www.iraq-war.ru...

Whatever. He'll be taken out soon, I hope.

If you actually LOOK carefully you can see that the "site, sympathetic to the terrorists" has also borrowed the story from the Mail & Guardian ONLINE - Africa's first online newspaper. First with the news.

SO - Who was the FIRST?

[edit on 6/8/05 by Souljah]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
www.iraq-war.ru...

I never trusted the Guardian myself, too biased. They desperately try to get facts and news to malign the coalition forces and their efforts.
I think they are loosing credibility with such overtly biased journalism.

IAF

cjf

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This reminds me of the story of the Russian sniper Vasili Zaitsev who, during WWII, (reported to have from 142-242 kills) was involved in the ‘sniper showdown’ during the battle for Stalingrad in late 1942 (aka ‘Rattenkrieg’)

Some say this 'sniper showdown' was a propaganda stunt by the Soviets. Maj. Konig (some accounts say it was Thorvald), a great German sniper, was sent to dispatch the elusive and menacing Zaitsev; eventually Konig (or Thorvald) was killed.

Vasili Zaitsev, prior to the war, was a herdsman and the Russians gave it the ‘David and Goliath’ twist to boost home morale. Soviet papers also followed the story often giving accounts from German soldiers about Zaitsev’s effectiveness.

Zaitsev was not one of the greatest Soviet snipers. The USSR had men with far more kills like Sidorenko, 500 kills; Ilyin, 496 kills; Kulbertinov, 487 kills; (just to name a few) but the story made its mark.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Don't worry, you can always adpot an American Sniper if you feel outrage or believe it's propaganda to hear of an Iraqi sniper fighting back.

americansnipers.org...
(Formerly Adopt a Sniper - New Web Address - Same Mission!)

Oh, could you imagine the outrage and calls for death to Islam, nukes for Mecca etc etc, if the Iraqi's made a website like this??

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I'm actually surprised this sort of thing hasn't happened more often. It seems like a much more effective way of attacking the US troops than current methods and I would have thought that lots of snipers would have been active from the beginning of the insurgency.

If this guy does become some kind of hero to the Iraqi people we may see many more of his ilk springing up in the future which would be bad news for the coalition troops.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by cjf
This reminds me of the story of the Russian sniper Vasili Zaitsev who, during WWII, (reported to have from 142-242 kills) was involved in the ‘sniper showdown’ during the battle for Stalingrad in late 1942 (aka ‘Rattenkrieg’)

Yes I know - I have mentioned that before, since the movie Enemy at the Gates was about Vasili Zaitsev. This Report also reminded me of this Battle of Snipers in Stalingrad.

Who knows - maybe this Juba is also just a "Trick" to lure in some of the Best Snipers.

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis
Don't worry, you can always adpot an American Sniper if you feel outrage or believe it's propaganda to hear of an Iraqi sniper fighting back.

Adopt a Sniper?

Geeezus! That's kind of "Sick" if you ask me - you can Adopt a Little Kitty or a Doggie without a home or maybe even a Kid without Parents - but a SNIPER?

And I agree - if this site was Made in Iraq - all Hell would break loose!

Originally posted by Chris McGee
I'm actually surprised this sort of thing hasn't happened more often. It seems like a much more effective way of attacking the US troops than current methods and I would have thought that lots of snipers would have been active from the beginning of the insurgency.

Maybe there are, but We just don't hear abou them....

cjf

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Yes I know - I have mentioned that before, since the movie Enemy at the Gates was about Vasili Zaitsev. This Report also reminded me of this Battle of Snipers in Stalingrad.

My fault, I am not ‘up’ much on certain movies. My point was the contents of your post are very similar or congruent to a type of a propaganda push and not necessarily a parallel to a particular ‘story’. In other words, if this is a ‘story’ or ‘propaganda’ it has already been done.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Must say he's (the Iraqi Sniper) is a good looking guy....and if y'a notice he's got big feet. May help in finding him...and he's got a tatoo on his left arm or maybe right if the picture has been mirrored.

But he's def. what I expect to see in the pic.

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Well I never understood Snipers - I think it's a very Personal Situation, not like the other forms of Combat. Here you actually see the Soldier you are about to kill almost in his eyes, and I belive that Snipers must have a really strong mind, not to crack when all the images of people he has shot and killed haunt him in his nightmares - becaues they do.
[edit on 6/8/05 by Souljah]

I can say I do know what it feels like to have the sniper mentality to some extent. Sniping isn't all about shooting a target. A sniper may do more observing, and reporting than shooting. So the number of kills a sniper gets doesn't really matter. It isn't a game to see who can get the most kills. It's a life or death situation. You have to be intelligent and think on your feet. You have to weigh the different possibilities for a given situation; and execute the best choice. Or your actions may get you killed. A very skilled sniper, should be able to differentiate another skilled sniper, from a less experienced sniper easily. As a sniper you have to learn how to disappear on the battlefield. Sniping adds a very real psychological fear in the battlefield. A skilled sniper can keep an enemy team pinned down.

There are two things a sniper shouldn't be, one of them is called the Munich Massacre Syndrome. Which basically means a sniper who can't kill a target because they become too emotionally attached to the subject. For example, as a sniper you can view the individual hairs on a person's face through your telescopic scope. Depending on the situation you are in you may see the target eat, breath, laugh, and maybe even make love to another person. You will basically learn who that person is, and they will become more human to you, than just another target. While doing so, some people wouldn't be able to kill the target when the call comes, due to them being emotionally attached. A sniper doesn't need to be like that.

The second thing a sniper shouldn't have is called the Texas Tower Syndrome. Which basically means a sniper who gets such a thrill out of killing their subjects that they kill more than they need to. This is a maniac. A cold blooded killer, whom enjoys killing people.

As a sniper you need to have some religion, or personal philosophy, so that you can cope with the fact that you kill people. Sniping isn't a game. Seeing which sniper can kill the most isn't a game. It is a reality.

Your Friend, LOD

[edit on 073131p://000 by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cjf

Some say this 'sniper showdown' was a propaganda stunt by the Soviets. Maj. Konig (some accounts say it was Thorvald), a great German sniper, was sent to dispatch the elusive and menacing Zaitsev; eventually Konig (or Thorvald) was killed.

Vasili Zaitsev, prior to the war, was a herdsman and the Russians gave it the ‘David and Goliath’ twist to boost home morale. Soviet papers also followed the story often giving accounts from German soldiers about Zaitsev’s effectiveness.

Zaitsev was not one of the greatest Soviet snipers. The USSR had men with far more kills like Sidorenko, 500 kills; Ilyin, 496 kills; Kulbertinov, 487 kills; (just to name a few) but the story made its mark.

There were also many Soviet female snipers.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Very good post on the hole sniper thing...wow.....educated me a bit more...thanx.

I will read this one to my son and see what he thinks, he likes snipers (educate him a bit 2)...and he's like so good at it on the game in the video....it was funny...I showed him that video clip of the comp. game....and he said "bet the guy was kicked out of a Counter Strike Clan". So guess with all these first person shooting games on the computers....bet that will help with the personal side of things with the next generation of snipers to come.

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by svenglezz
Very good post on the hole sniper thing...wow.....educated me a bit more...thanx.

I will read this one to my son and see what he thinks, he likes snipers (educate him a bit 2)...and he's like so good at it on the game in the video....it was funny...I showed him that video clip of the comp. game....and he said "bet the guy was kicked out of a Counter Strike Clan". So guess with all these first person shooting games on the computers....bet that will help with the personal side of things with the next generation of snipers to come.

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

No problem my friend, I am only seventeen myself. I have such a high respect for snipers. I play online games as well, such as Day of Defeat, and Counter-Strike. I can not begin to explain the thrill I get when I snipe against another elite sniper on Dod, or Cs. I wouldn't mind hearing more about your son.

Your Friend, LOD

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join