It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New sea serpent claim

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Looks like there are "Nessies" everywhere. Hope someone gets more concrete proof though.

www.aftenposten.no...

Sundberg and his team GUST (Global Underwater Search Team) told TV 2 Nettavisen Thursday that they had logged sonar readings of a large creature in the lake, which is in the middle of Telemark county.

"I have news today. We were just off Sanden Camping today, between noon and 2 p.m. We got two large objects on sonar, they were four to five meters (13-16.5 feet) long and this was no fish," Sundberg told TV 2 Nettavisen.

Would be nice if they could actually catch this alive. Wonder which aquarium would win the bidding war if he did capture it.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I believe in sea and lake creatures, but there just seems to be too many. Ogopogo, Champ, Nessie, and others. Doesn't that seem odd to everyone? I mean if every large lake had a bunch of dinosaurs in it there would be a much greater chance of a body washing up ect. It is a lot more plausible that 1 or 2 lakes are home to whatever people are seeing. Or could this be a large freshwater eel that inhabits lakes around the world, and we have just not found it yet?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
there's another "scandinavian" nessie i know about in Iceland called Lagarfljotsormurinn , east iceland near Egilstadir as far as i remember , sightings reported since quite a while (centuries it is said) ,

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hvitserk
there's another "scandinavian" nessie i know about in Iceland called Lagarfljotsormurinn , east iceland near Egilstadir as far as i remember , sightings reported since quite a while (centuries it is said) ,

Theres another very famous one in Sweden, "Storsjöodjuret" ("Storsjö" refering to the lake and "odjuret" being "monster" or "beast").

Its been sighted since the 17th century or something and is now a days protected against any kind of hunting.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Catfish of that size have been caught before, never know.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Good point...just a few threads down even...

Look at the size of this thing!

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I can offer no proff to this but once reading a nationalgeographic I came accross an artical about how they use fishing boats to chach fish to classify them.
Anyway If you dont already know this eals are the oppsite of samon they grow up in rivers and lakes and go BACK to the ocean to have there young .
Next thing is an eal larva looks nothing like an eal it looks more like a glass fish . anyway the artical said the cought a eal lavra over 6 feet long and if this larva had grown to adult size it could have reached 100 feet .
so mabby nessie is out there.
Ps another artical said they cought a hammer head shark that was over 23 feet long .( look out jaws ) pss they also drege the bottom to see what they can bring up and got NONe fosslized sharks teeth (gratewhite) 4inches long making that shark essatmated at over 80 feet .
Ps rember I said NONE fosslized wich means this shark could very well be swimming out there someware .
also they have sean sucker scars on spirm whales over 18 inches accross making that giant squid around 100 feet .
One thing is for sure there ARE monsters out there in the deep blue sea .
but thous monsters ARNT shark or squid or even eals .
the most destroctive monster that ever romed the earth is in your mirror.
it kills without reasion prduces mass amounts of waste and turns tropical jungels into deserts . If you need to fear a animal this is the animal to fear theres only one thing you can do Run untill theres no where left to run to then die.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I've heard the giant eel theory for Nessie before. It seems pretty believable. If only they could capture it and prove it.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hvitserk

IM on holidays right now from australia in herad at the base of that lake and i thought id google the town and wow..
a monster down at the lake! - how xciting..
the locals here all believe in it..
im gonna go down for a peak and hope for a sighting!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
[Delete this. Wrong topic]

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Gnihton]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

that fish is F---ing scary !!!!!

top topics

join