It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Media Brain Washing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I have a question for vegetarians and animal rights advocates. ( I already know what you vegetarian and PETA bashers think.)

How many of you are offended by "Carl's Jr's" newest commercial? You know the one that says "sit chicken, fetch chicken," etc., then ends by saying, "chickens are good for only one thing; eating."

As you probably already guessed, I'm mad as hell by this company's ignorant claim. Want to know why?

Up until a few years ago, not much was known about chickens’ intelligence. Now, scientists are beginning to learn a bit more, and here's what a few of them have found out about these inquisitive and interesting animals.
Chickens are able to understand that recently hidden objects still exist, which rates their cognitive capabilities equivalent to mammals.

Chickens have vision similar to humans and love to watch television. Studies show that chickens watching TV have learned which bowls contain food, how to peck a button three times in order to obtain food, and how to navigate a complex obstacle course in order to get to a nesting box.•

Chickens also seem to enjoy all forms of music. Some chickens like rock while others prefer classical music;

• Chickens are able to learn by watching the mistakes of others and are very apt at teaching and learning.

• Chickens also can learn to use switches and levers to change the temperature in their surroundings and to open doors to feeding areas.

• Chickens have more than 30 distinct cries to communicate to one another and can recognize more than a hundred other chickens and remember them.

• A mother hen will turn her eggs as many as five times an hour and cluck to her unborn chicks, who will chirp back to her and to one another from within their shells!

• A hen will often go without food and water, if necessary, just to have a private nest in which to lay her eggs.

• Like us, chickens empathize and show affection for one another, form strong family ties and mourn when they lose a loved one.

Need more?

www.peta.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I have not seen the ad, i am in the U.K. and am assuming its a U.S. ad, but from what you say it does sound ridiculous!
Yet, i do not expect any better from food companies or there views, chickens could be capable of super-powers, but if they are going to make a profit, then they are no more than the product to these ignorant people.

One of the most disturbing things i seen recently on television, which really rocked me, was a clip of a factory where McDonalds goods were made. Thousands of these beautiful little yellow chicks were being whizzed over a conveyor belt, then dropped like little stones onto the next, until they eventually reached the slaughtering part of the process. I was sitting ranting to myself,
"Don't people realise that those thousands of things are alive, have been born and should have a life to live, but instead they are going to end up in some stupid little kids happy meal instead!".
It is not even the fact that they are animals being killer for humans to eat, i understand that some people think that is fine, and they enjoy such a diet. However, there was just no need for this, it was a quick as can be process to get as much chicks slaughtered, in the smallest amount of time, with no consideration for them and their suffering whatsoever! The only concern was the amount of money that was going to be made.

With the ad that you mention, i guess it is only going to put many people watching into this same frame of mind, that chickens are "ours" and they are only good for what we want from them. Some people want to eat them, some people want to make money from them, yet with no regard to the animals themselves!

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
LOL!!!!!!!!
I can't belive this post. Dollmaster do you have so little happening in your life that a forgettable advert about a chicken upsets you

I worked on a chicken farm once, raising hens in huge barns and then sending them to the equivilent of KFC.

I came to the conclusion that they were "living wheat", cute, (especially when chicks) but so mindless that you "harvest" them at night, go into the barn in the dark, quickly turn on the light to see where they are, turn it off and then just pick them up by onle leg, once you had about 6 you stuck them in a box, no other chickens would wake up during this process and even the ones being moved still slept sometimes.

Lets see, we have a war in the middle east where people are dying daily, we have people trying to kill others in England, brutal regimes, and corrupt politicians everywhere, we have starvation on a massive level in Africa, slavery, child prostitutes, criminals, death destruction, and depravity, ... I think there is much more to worry about than the bad impression chickens may get from an advert.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Netchicken, such lack of respect for any type of fauna is most disappointing.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
A chicken beat me playing tic-tac-toe once.

And he was tasty.

So apparently chickens are good for two things.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dollmonster
I have a question for vegetarians and animal rights advocates. ( I already know what you vegetarian and PETA bashers think.)

Please be aware that not all meat-eaters are disrespectful of your personal choices. That's totally your business. You probably just hear from the more outspoken.

I also respect the fact that you are offended by these commercials, even though I am not. Personally, I'm offended by the ones with adults who pee their pants and other people's children taking a dump on TV! That offends me.

I am not a vegetarian-basher. However I do take strong issue with some of PETA's tactics, so I guess you could call me a PETA-basher, but I don't go out of my way to bash them, only when it's brought up by someone else.

The point of my post is that you have catagorized people into 2 camps:
1, vegetarians and animal rights advocates
2. vegetarian-bashers and PETA-bashers

I'm just pointing out that there are lots of people in between. There are people who aren't vegetarian that don't bash vegetarians. Lots of us. I would venture to say most of us. You just don't hear from us because we have no problem with the fact that you're vegetarian.

Sorry for the sidetrack. Carry on.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
LOL!!!!!!!!
I can't belive this post. Dollmaster do you have so little happening in your life that a forgettable advert about a chicken upsets you

I worked on a chicken farm once, raising hens in huge barns and then sending them to the equivilent of KFC.

I came to the conclusion that they were "living wheat", cute, (especially when chicks) but so mindless that you "harvest" them at night, go into the barn in the dark, quickly turn on the light to see where they are, turn it off and then just pick them up by onle leg, once you had about 6 you stuck them in a box, no other chickens would wake up during this process and even the ones being moved still slept sometimes.

Lets see, we have a war in the middle east where people are dying daily, we have people trying to kill others in England, brutal regimes, and corrupt politicians everywhere, we have starvation on a massive level in Africa, slavery, child prostitutes, criminals, death destruction, and depravity, ... I think there is much more to worry about than the bad impression chickens may get from an advert.

One could say the chickens are only as smart as the people that raised them ....

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
You think my life must be empty to be affected by a comericial? On the contary, I've had and still have a very interesting life. I've seen and done many things most of you will not.

The fact that I care deeply about the plight of animals, doesn't mean that I am unfeeling to man's suffering. Quite the opposite is true. But I alone can not stop the wars, feed all the hungry or cure the dying. Helping animals is something that I do have within my power. Something as small as not eating meat, makes a difference three times a day. I sponser several animal rights groups and do whatever else I can to help.

I also give to "Doctors without Borders," Christian Children's Fund, ACLU, Planned Parenthood, WWF, Environmental Defense, Paralysed Veterns, AIDS Foundation, PAL, CA Firemen's Association, The Richmond rescue and every homeless person I can.

Please note, I do not see people as only veggies or bashers. I am not a total idiot regardless of what you may think. I meant only to address the groups I thought might respond to my post.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
One could say the chickens are only as smart as the people that raised them ....

I guess that says alot about the person you quoted ehh??

I am just kidding Netchicken.. that was a joke.. no need to ban me or something..

But I have to agree with the author if this post. Look TV is always right.. ask any stupid american..

exp:
Hey did you know there is a name for the rainbow??

answer:
No there isnt I didnt se it on TV..

case closed.

[edit on 8/6/2005 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

The fact that I care deeply about the plight of animals, doesn't mean that I am unfeeling to man's suffering.

Of course it's not but you shouldn't feel the need to explain that to an ignorant brainwashed mind who obviously was stupid in the first place to allow himself to believe such inhumane tripe.

Helping animals is something that I do have within my power. Something as small as not eating meat, makes a difference three times a day. I sponser several animal rights groups and do whatever else I can to help.

And that's very noble, you are the voice of the voiceless... You can also volunteer at an animal shelter where you drive to people's homes that abuse their animal, mainly neglect to provide them with hay and fresh water/food.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
They taste good damn it, case closed.

I swear do you think our ancestors had Soy and tofu? NO! They speared animals and followed them until they bleed to death. They didn't have sanitary conditions with quick killing machines, they had clubs, slings, and spears.

Sorry, if it tastes good grill it up, get the mustard and cheese, and chow down.

I don't get how people can be appaled at this, what do you think wolves, lions, tigers, leopards, jaguars, cheetahs, other predators do? Do they go up to a herd and ask which one wants to die then wait for them to take some pills so they can die peacefully in their sleep? NO! They tear the throats out or disembowel them quite brutally. Some eat there food when it is still alive!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I am not a total idiot regardless of what you may think. I meant only to address the groups I thought might respond to my post.

Jesus! I didn't think you were a total idiot. I was just making a point. I'm sorry I answered as I don't fit into the groups you addressed. Go ahead - be angry. Sorry I interfered.
Bye.

< scuttles off to find a less angry discussion... maybe about politics or religion.>

[edit on 6-8-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

omg that was soo funny
Love to see the Mods gets dissed

Edit: Please don't circumvernt the censors.

[edit on 6-8-2005 by intrepid]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Chickens have rights too!

the right to be deep fried
the right to be extra crispy
and the right to get in mah belly

some animals eat other animals
I only follow natures lead.

and when I die, I hope they cover me in beef broth.

ps:

dunno why I find that picture hilarious.

well I got a song about chickens.

16 years ago, one day,
I was walking down the street
I was cruising in brooklyn
You know what I mean?
Something was cooking,
But wasn’t yet a chicken.

There was a man,
Selling chicks in a box.
He said, ’2 for 1, but 3 for 2.’
I said, ’that’s not bad,
Here’s money for you.’
One was magenta,
The other was blue.

I know my chicken
You got to know your chicken
I know my chicken
I know my chicken
I know my chicken

One day, the blue one went away.
The other grew up #in’ well.
She was noisy every night.
I had always chicken-bite.

Then I met a lover
One night, she made me dinner.
Licking finger, I wondered
Where she got the chicken.
Then I met a lover.
One night, she made me dinner.
Licking finger, I wondered
Where she got the chicken.

I know my chicken
I know my chicken
I know my chicken
I know my chicken

Spare the rod and spoil the chick
Before you go and # a brick.
Before you go and # a brick

I know my chicken
I know my chicken
I know my chicken
I know my chicken

She went to college to study anatomy
I followed her father’s butchery
We got 2 babies. is it cool?
One was magenta, the other was blue.

I know my chicken
I know my chicken
I know my chicken
I know my chicken
I know my chicken
You got to know your chicken...

[edit on 6-8-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
What's a predator? What is prey? 2 easy questions to answer. Take a look at any species, if the eyes are in the front of the skull, they're there to gauge distance, thus a predator. Eyes on the side, for broader scope, to look out for predators. Well, I looked in the mirror just now and determined that I'm a predator, bring on the meat. Just because some roughage helps with the bowels doesn't change the fact that we are meant to eat meat.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
You know..I can't remember the last time I saw a Wild Chicken, or a Wild Cow....these things are not extinct because they taste good. If we didn't eat them, what good are they?? (besides leather goods from the cow)

I agree it sucks they don't get carried to the gas chamber on fluffy pillows and gently put out of their misery....but do you know how much that would cost??? Ilike my combo meals under $5!!

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
They taste good damn it, case closed.

I swear do you think our ancestors had Soy and tofu? NO! They speared animals and followed them until they bleed to death. They didn't have sanitary conditions with quick killing machines, they had clubs, slings, and spears.

Sorry, if it tastes good grill it up, get the mustard and cheese, and chow down.

I don't get how people can be appaled at this, what do you think wolves, lions, tigers, leopards, jaguars, cheetahs, other predators do? Do they go up to a herd and ask which one wants to die then wait for them to take some pills so they can die peacefully in their sleep? NO! They tear the throats out or disembowel them quite brutally. Some eat there food when it is still alive!!!

This is the part where I say that human are different from animals because we have reasoning and a spirit... We know what's right and wrong. Animals don't know what's right and wrong, and that's the difference.

Mocking animal activists because they care about the ethical treatment of animals is beyond discusting.

And as a consumer i'm not going to give them a penny...

Maybe if they become obsolete one day and I am in a restaurant chain, I can mock them on a commercial pretending i'm their restaurant chain who gets torched and burned to the ground by people who cared and spoke out against such an assinine and ignorant commercial who mocks people with a sound ethical base.

If you also want to make the argument that you are by nature 'predator' thus making you a meat eater, next time when your running low on money for groceries, hog tie your dog and stick him on a rotisserie...

After all, meat is meat.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Yeah that's why the only meat I eat is beef, mostly because chickens are not right to eat because they're smart and stuff. Jews don't eat pork so I don't, I'm not Jewish but I don't eat pork just for the heck of it. Never have eaten lamb, etc. because it's just strange. But I have an ultimate law, that it is wrong to eat animals smaller than you. A chicken will be killed to feed like 1 to 6 people [a big guy will eat all 8 of the edible parts], which is definantly not worth it. However a cow will be killed to feed dozens of people. Imagine, you're a chicken and you are killed. Next thing you know your legs, thighs, wings, and breasts are in a big, fat, bald, poor, stinky, stupid, hairy, ugly, alcoholic, bastardly, mean loser's stomach. That would suck. From what they're saying, chickens are as smart as rabbits. Also in my opinion chickens are like half as cool as rabbits. And rabbits are cool. I have 2 rabbits and love them enough not to eat them if I was freakin' starving. That definantly puts chickens on my 'cool animals' list.

As for the advertisement, I couldn't disagree more with it. Carl's Jr.'s advertising is evil especially with that Paris Hilton one. I don't want to see that ugly whore deepthroating a burger whose meat has most likely been abused when it was still alive.

[edit on 12-8-2005 by Barunson]

top topics

join