It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
[A] careful review of the facts shows that in 2004, paid Democrat operatives were far more involved in voter intimidation and suppression efforts than their Republican counterparts. Examples include:
* Paid Democrat operatives charged with slashing tires of 25 Republican get-out-the-vote vans in Milwaukee on the morning of Election Day.
* Misleading telephone calls made by Democrat operatives targeting Republican voters in Ohio with the wrong date for the election and faulty polling place information.
* Intimidating and deceiving mailings and telephone calls paid for by the DNC threatening Republican volunteers in Florida with legal action.
* Union-coordinated intimidation and violence campaign targeting Republican campaign offices and volunteers resulting in a broken arm for a GOP volunteer in Florida.
Vote fraud and voter registration fraud were significant problems in at least a dozen states around the county. Vote fraud is a reality in America that occurred not only in large battleground states like Wisconsin but in places like Alabama and Kentucky. The record indicates that in 2004, voter registration fraud was mainly the work of so-called “nonpartisan” groups such as Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) and NAACP National Voter Fund. Examples include:
* Joint task force in Wisconsin found “clear evidence of fraud in the Nov. 2 election in Milwaukee,” including more than 200 felon voters, more than 100 double voters and thousands more ballots cast than voters recorded as having voted in the city.
* NAACP National Voter Fund worker in Ohio paid crack coc aine in exchange for a large number of fraudulent voter registration cards in names of Dick Tracy, Mary Poppins and other fictional characters.
* Former ACORN worker said there was “a lot of fraud committed” by group in Florida, as ACORN workers submitted thousands of fraudulent registrations in a dozen states across the country, resulting in a statewide investigation of the group in Florida and multiple indictments and convictions of ACORN/Project Vote workers for voter registration fraud in several states.
Originally posted by Seekerof
According to a study done by the American Center For Voting Rights, it would appear that those claims after the 2004 elections citing that only and strictly the Republicans had committed voter fraud and acts of voter intimidation were, errrr, ummm, skewed and somewhat unfounded to incorrect.
[edit on 6-8-2005 by Seekerof]
Originally posted by FredT
Hmmm, a simple search of ATS will show that legions have accused the Republicans of 'voter fraud" and im sure we will see them manifest themselves in this thread.
Originally posted by slank
Well the Democrats didn't murder Ray Lemme to cover up money laundering for election engineering.
Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
This just shows that neither "side" is an advocate of the people but are simply pushing their own agendas.
The problem isn't reps or dems, it's reps and dems together.