It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opps: Americans didn't flock to Canada after Bush win.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Seems that some people were quit literally talking out the rears, eh?

Interesting read here:

OTTAWA (Reuters) - Canadians can put away those extra welcome mats -- it seems Americans unhappy about the result of last November's presidential election have decided to stay at home after all.

In the days after President Bush won a second term, the number of U.S. citizens visiting Canada's main immigration Web site shot up sixfold, prompting speculation that unhappy Democrats would flock north.

But official statistics show the number of Americans actually applying to live permanently in Canada fell in the six months after the election.

Reuters Article

Interesting no?
I found it interesting anyhow.
Just goes to show me and some just how desperate and hate-filled people and their blatant rhetoric can be. Some can talk the line, but definately fail to back it up. Hilarious.

seekerof

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
hey if bush could steal this great californian weather im sure he would, otherwise im gonna stay and ride out this bewildering storm of an adminstration.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Seems that some people were quit literally talking out the rears, eh?

Either that or they made a patriotic choice and changed their minds and decided to stay and stand up for the ideals of the country that they love.

Just goes to show me and some just how desperate and hate-filled people and their blatant rhetoric can be.
seekerof

Yeah. Now, there's a quote I find interesting and a bit humorous.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Benevolent Heretic...

You weren't one of those who said they would move to Canada if Bush won, were you?

seekerof

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Benevolent Heretic...

You weren't one of those who said they would move to Canada if Bush won, were you?

No, but I have (lightly) considered it more recently, not because of Bush but because of job opportunities.
I don't think it will happen, though. We're pretty comfortable here.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Seekerof - there's another factor. Visa wait times aren't short. The Canadian visa office in Buffalo takes between 12 and 24 months to process a skilled-worker class visa, and it's even longer for a family-class visa. Furthermore, the visas aren't cheap... we're talking $1,500 CAD.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
People like to talk big, especially about politics. Nobody actually wants to leave America, and, besides, it's my opinion that anyone who would do something like that is someone I'd be glad to see go. Is it not better to stay and fight?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
Is it not better to stay and fight?

I wouldn't say it's better to stay and fight. It's really a personal choice. If someone felt it was the best thing for them to do, I'd certainly understand. Sometimes you just gotta cut your losses.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I never said I would move to Canada - it's too cold!

However, I am trying to get to Italy or Greece. But, that has more to do with Georgia politics than the stupid sod in the White House.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I'm with Al. Canada's too cold and wet.

Forget about folks who swore they'd go to Canada... (and that Canada is much harder on immigrees these days b/c of BushCo.) there are many people talking about re-locating to Europe, Belize and Costa Rica. That's where its at for those able.

Seekerof, I figured you'd be hip to that.

(No offense Canada)

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Along the same lines, I wonder what happened to all those emotionally shattered libs who had dragged themselves to their shrinks' couches because of their overwhelming depression over the outcome of the election. I certainly hope that the Wellbutrin XL is working for them.

top topics

join