It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I heard mysterious white noise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
2 weeks ago I visited San Diego California, staying at a friends house. The location is next to a busy road, vehicles driving by 24/7 non stop. Very noisy, very busy place. Mission Beach is about a 20 minute drive from this place.

When I got there I was a little tired from traveling, so I went out to relax on the balcony in the cool night air. That is when I heard like 1,000's of people talking simultaneously for the first time..

It sounded like I was sitting in a crowded restaurant. But no one was there? I thought I was going crazy or something, maybe because I'm tired or something. It was just weird and it was non stop. I got to the point where I ignored the sound.

While there I'm thinking about seeing a psychologist when I get back home. Through the whole week I could hear these voices in various locations at my friends house. I'm thinking ghost or some kind of parallel universe lol...

At the end of the week, a thought hit me. What I'm hearing is white noise! duh...

So this is white noise, now I'm thinking wow... this is a amazing experience to hear. The combination of sounds at all kinds of different frequencies is making it sound like a crowded restaurant... I'm thinking maybe the white noise is carrying actual real voices from maybe other locations in San Diego to my friends house? Is this possible... I think so.. The air pressure must have been perfect for carrying real voices from miles away to my ears, maybe its the vibrations of the vehicles that carry this white noise? The air pressure and the vibrations of other noises may have amplified an actual restaurant from miles away?

That is the only reasonable ideal I can think of
I'm not so crazy after all, right?

Any experts on this subject, or thoughts about this type of white noise?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I once heard something like that at my grandma's house but it was probably just my mind playing tricks, I was tired at the time. I just suddenly heard at least 5 peaople talking at once and I couln't understand anything. I think it was Polish and most or all were femal voices. I quickly forced it out of my head; it lasted for 2 seconds max. Maybe this is just a mental thing. I only heard it once and I'm not putting thought into it. I was tired after all. Do you think these "white noises" might be sounds from the past and not ghosts? Just a dumb suggestion.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acekwak
Do you think these "white noises" might be sounds from the past and not ghosts? Just a dumb suggestion.

Sounds from the past... That was one of my first thoughts when I heard the voices.

From my cd player, the voices would disappear with my head phones on. That is when I really knew that the voices wasn't coming from my head lol...

I think air pressure and ground vibration coupled with white noise somehow amplifies voices from a distant, then squeezes them through the top of this white noise in a uni-directional direction. In which most of the time is mistaken for ghost and paranormal stuff.

[edit on 7-8-2005 by XPhiles]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I once woke up with around 6 voices talking to me. Did it sound like they were gatherd around you when you heard the voices?

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
In my case, I don't know if they were talking to me. I think I recall them calling my name though. This happened only a few weeks ago but I forgot the details. I do speak and understand Polish so I managed to make out some of the words. The voices weren't cheerful. In a way the people sounded kinda in pain and beconing for either help or attension, I think. Agan, I was getting ready to go to bed and I was tired. I managed to make it stop from my own will, therefor I might of been hearing things. But still................

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
maybe legion is out and about again? or did he die?
daved

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles
At the end of the week, a thought hit me. What I'm hearing is white noise! duh...

SNIP
That is the only reasonable ideal I can think of
I'm not so crazy after all, right?

Any experts on this subject, or thoughts about this type of white noise?

research the hypnagogic state it will explain alot for you

ed: shorten quote

[edit on 7-8-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I would have to rule out the hypnagogic state, This white noise chat is in the real world I would think, because the voices would disappear when my ears where covered. I was tired, I don't think I was that tired to have some kind of sleep paralysis.

I'm sticking with air pressure and ground vibration coupled with white noise that amplifies voices from a distant.

The human hearing range is between 20Hz and 20,000Hz. Maybe I have some kind of super hearing lol. which is possible

The way I see it, a rumbling highway would produce somewhere around or lower than 20Hz range in white noise. It produces long waves of sound.
The human voice produces shorter waves around 500 Hz to 2 kHz.

It is possible that the long range Hz waves carry the shorter range Hz waves in the mixture of white noise. Couple that with air pressure, the human voice could be carried a long way, while its traveling it gets filtered in a uni-directional direction.

This all makes sense to me... Or am I hallucinating lol ?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
"White Noise" or RVP (Real Voice Phenomena) isn't a very common occurance and usually is only a single voice at a time, and also it is usually accredited to schizophrenia. I would find out more about the area and see if anything dramatic happened to numerous people or if it had been a burial ground in the past. I don't believe it would be conversations from people in San Diego because I would think that the sounds waves would lose energy to quickly to be carried that far.

Could you understand the voices, or can you remember what they were saying?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by hatchedcross
"White Noise" or RVP (Real Voice Phenomena) isn't a very common occurance and usually is only a single voice at a time, and also it is usually accredited to schizophrenia. I would find out more about the area and see if anything dramatic happened to numerous people or if it had been a burial ground in the past.

"White Noise" seems to be mixed up with RVP or EVP. Maybe the movie White Noise or the Art Bell show confuses this lol. Though I see why, after experiencing it myself...

White Noise is a mixture of all of the individual frequencies of sound that are carried together.

I did check into the History of the location. I really couldn't find any history of a graveyard etc... did find history of Indians known as the Diegueño people who suffered from European diseases. Brought in by Spanish missionaries occupation. Epidemics began in 1806 that killed off 75% of the Indians there.
The bodies where not disposed of properly.

Originally posted by hatchedcross
Could you understand the voices, or can you remember what they were saying?

It sounded as though I was standing in the middle of a busy restaurant. I could make out names If I wanted too and hear foreign like voices. It was so real lol... I would walk around looking for where this noise was coming from...

The most logical explanation for me is that it must be amplified voices from a distant. Simply because If I covered my ears the voices would disappear.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Sounds like you were on another( layer of reality )and were tuned into it.This is where background noises become foreground noises.There are impressions of realities be it from the past or future left into our physical reality.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I've experienced this, I was asleep and felt like I was about to wake up and then I realized I could hear someones conversation, a girl on the phone. At first I tried to pull myself out of it to see if it would go away and then it did for like 2 secs I looked around my room and drifted back off and then the conversation picked up again. I'm positive that this was not a voice from the past or the future but it was happening presently and for some reason I could hear someone elses conversation. Its was almost like the time I was in my dorm room on the phone with my sister and when I stood in a certain part of the room, there was static and then I heard some girl talking to her boyfriend and he called her kate so I thought this has to be someone nearby talking on the phone so I looked at the dorm doors across and down the hall and I saw a room that said like " Kate and melissa" I knocked and she was still having the same conversation. Im sure this can be logically explained but what if the same thing happened upon awaking from sleep, maybe a part of the brain was able to tune into another frequency or amplify this particular sense to a close location. I don't know how far away this girl was and Im sure it's not schitzophrenia! It might have something to do with the hypnagogic state but this wasnt an auditory hallucination, it was a real person somewhere else... What do you guys think?

new topics

top topics

join