It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alice In Chains Tribute Album in the works

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
According to Launch Radio Networks, an ALICE IN CHAINS tribute album is reportedly in the works from Bullygoat Records, the label formed by MUDVAYNE singer Chad Gray. The project will apparently be titled "We Pay Our Debt Sometimes: A Tribute To Alice In Chains" and is slated to feature contributions from MUDVAYNE, COLD, AUDIOSLAVE, BREAKING BENJAMIN and others. ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist Jerry Cantrell will reportedly contribute a track with his "cover" band, CARDBOARD VAMPYRES, and will also collaborate with BLACK LABEL SOCIETY guitarist Zakk Wylde and DAMAGEPLAN singer Patrick Lachman on two songs.

Former ALICE IN CHAINS bassist Mike Inez and drummer Sean Kinney are also on board as musical consultants.

No release date has been set for the album. Bullygoat Records is distributed through the Warner Music Group.

The tentative track listing is:

MUDVAYNE - "Bleed The Freak"
COLD - "Junkhead"
CARDBOARD VAMPYRES - "Don't Follow"
STATIC-X - "Again"
BREAKING BENJAMIN - "Would?"
PATRICK LACHMAN / JERRY CANTRELL - "Sea Of Sorrow"
AARON LEWIS (STAIND) - "Am I Inside"
BLOODSIMPLE - "Rain When I Die"
PUDDLE OF MUDD - "I Stay Away"
MARK LANEGAN / MIKE MCCREADY - "Frogs"
ADEMA - "Nutshell"
AUDIOSLAVE - "Rooster"
ZAKK WYLDE / JERRY CANTRELL - "Heaven Beside You"

www.roadrunnerrecords.com...=40080

Whoa, the line up is extremely dissipointing, I can't believe those loser bands are covering such great songs! They're going to ruin some of the greatest grunge songs of all time, and the thing that bothers me is that there are other amazing songs that would have been nicer to see on the tribute, like, Man In The Box, We Die Young and even Them Bones!
As for the line up, i'm only looking forward to Chris Cornell - (Audioslave), I think he could great job singing Rooster. And Zakk Wylde/Jerry Cantrell (For obvious reason). Though I am not a big fan of Staind, I think Aaron Lewis could do a decent cover of 'Am I Inside', some of Aaron's vocals are impressive, and definetly make him worthly of covering the song. Aaron is very AIC inspired and has a song on their album '14 Shades of Gray' called 'Layne' which is a song dedicated to the Lead singer of Alice In Chains, Layne Stanley, who died in 2002 from drug overdose. As for the rest - Blah.
This will be downloaded, that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
No one is interested in this???

I thought AIC was a little more popular.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
oh dude I love AIC!

and I heard this on the radio and when I heard static x would be on it I creamed my shorts

and they are going to do again thats so awesome I

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Again is a great song by AIC, but I really hate Static-X and I don't think they could pull it off. I'm sure it will be horrible.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I love static-x :p

again isn't the song i'd expect by them but i'm sitll looking forward to it

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
this is gonna be sweet dewd!

Originally posted by Useful 1diot
Again is a great song by AIC, but I really hate Static-X and I don't think they could pull it off. I'm sure it will be horrible.

Do not knock Wayne, he will be considered legendary in years to come!

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Yeah Wayne owns

he's got the monstah voice!

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
god, hopes dashed...

Tribute is a farce..

Matt Davidson contacted this site to "apologize" for "fabricating" the story that resulted in the above-mentioned report. "I fabricated the ALICE IN CHAINS tribute album rumor as part of a simple experiment to see if I could get a music news rumor published on a site such as Blabbermouth,"

would have been cool if Matt Davison had not been born.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I guess Cantrell can do whatever the hell he wants, but I've never heard of any of those other bands and I'm not really stoked about them giving tribute to (gravytraining) Alice In Chains. I think tribute albums suck for the most part.

Don't Follow was one of the best songs of my 20s. It brings back a lot of memories when I hear it and I'm kind of offended that some no-name band is mucking around with it.

Peace

p.s. Just read Klepto's post and I am most happy now!!!!

[edit on 9-8-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I think that this lineup is pretty awful as well.. AIC was one of my favorite bands growing up. To see such untalented and unoriginal bands covering their music is disturbing... I used to know of a band called Bloodsimple when I was living in MS .. but they were fairly decent and as far as I know was never very big.. surely its not the same Bloodsimple..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit My Site at : WWW.FuneralDecadence.COM...

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I'm very happy this tribute isn't going to happen, the bands were just horrible.
It would have been a disgrace to AIC.

[edit on 16-8-2005 by Useful 1diot]

top topics

join