It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Russian-Chinese military exercise this month; US keenly interested.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Humm… air drops and amphibious assaults huh? I won’t be quick to jump to a conclusion, but a rather suggestive type of a military exercise given the state of things don’t you think?

Yes, what also worried me was:

“Through the exercises, the two armed forces... improved their capabilities to meet new challenges and threats and to fight international terrorism, extremism and separatism,”...

I'm not sure what the "fighting separatism" part means for sure, but it does indeed sound rather suggestive.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Quite a few of these pictures are promotional ones only.
Last picture , he's wearing SHINY gold rank slides with a nice colour in the middle of his helmet.
Nice camoflauging...

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Quite a few of these pictures are promotional ones only.
Last picture , he's wearing SHINY gold rank slides with a nice colour in the middle of his helmet.
Nice camoflauging...

That's showing where to aim, duh. :p

They look pretty well organised, been hunting pics on the net. Russia's stuff isn't the rusty, badly maintained weaponary many claim. Shame they don't have more of it, really.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Shame they don't have more of it, really.

Kind of true, maybe it would wake up our government and make them realize not to be so near sighted, and remind them that they need to plan for more than just 3rd world rag tags for the next 20-25 years.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I think they should make something better than the current Generation quick, before China gets too powerful. Just becasue Russia isn't playing the Evil Overlord role for them to make people beleive, doesn't mean China won't take every advantage right now.

But with Putin increasing the defence budget, could Russia *really* get the corruption sorted out and fix herself up? I doubt it anytime soon. But watch China, I think we may have a sequel to the Cold War on our hands at this rate.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
ive alwas felt that the war on terror was filler between the next major event

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Greetings,

China isn't the rag tag military force that many in the US and for that matter UK military have commented on and stated for many. The Army is improving, using updated equipment, while being based on Soviet technology, it is improving. Believe it or not, but they are also learning lessons from current UK and US involvment in Iraq. Their airforce, is improving in leaps and bounds, with new aircraft and supposed improved training for their aircrews, its looking like they are bringing their crews up to their aircrafts standards. Their Navy is getting new ships and weapons and talk of a carrier, its interesting, their navy haven't always been their most professional arm but they are becoming very well trained.

The thing that scares me, is the fact that their reforms are not over 10/20 years, they are happening now and they are happening faster than any one thought would be possible, including myself.

China White, would you be able to post some more images of Chinese, units in the field. Any thing on Uniforms and Personal gear would be great, I thank you in advance.

- Phil

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Kind of true, maybe it would wake up our government and make them realize not to be so near sighted, and remind them that they need to plan for more than just 3rd world rag tags for the next 20-25 years.

I think your goverment already know and are planning. The only problem is civils are the ones that failed to see it.

Take a look in any forums, most people still think they are a 3rd world rag tag.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I think your goverment already know and are planning. The only problem is civils are the ones that failed to see it.

To some degree yes they are, but I’m not so sure they are planning for the long term. I don't like that they plan to make the navy and air force smaller in the future.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
you said personal eqipment. you mean like this?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Yes Please,

More images of Chinese units in the field would also help, if you have links that would be great.

- Phil

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
go to china-defense.com there are heaps of images there.

you need membership that will take like 5min to register

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by gooseuk
Yes Please,

More images of Chinese units in the field would also help, if you have links that would be great.

- Phil

bbs.news.163.com...
Try this link, there are too many pictures on it and hard to paste all of them here

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

To some degree yes they are, but I’m not so sure they are planning for the long term. I don't like that they plan to make the navy and air force smaller in the future.

Well the main thing about making smaller forces is management.

With Technology, better weapons, Stealth, etc, it helps a smaller force. Moreover, equiping a large force with high tech equipment is really expensive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join