It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Jesus' film screeners murdered Men in Muslim Bangladesh had received threats

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Posted: August 6, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Michael Ireland
© 2005 Assist News Service

Two Christian men showing the "Jesus" film were killed in Faridpur, Bangladesh.

Lipial Marandi, 21, and Tapan Kumar Roy, 27, were employed with Christian Life Bangladesh, a partner agency of Campus Crusade for Christ, the American-based evangelistic group.

Amid strong outrage voiced at their July 29 murders, Bengali Christians are planning a rally in support of their families.

The two men had spent the last eight months providing health awareness programs to locals and showing the "Jesus" film.

The two-hour docudrama about the life of Christ, based on the Gospel of Luke, has been seen in every country of the world and translated into hundreds of languages.

The men had received threats that they would be killed if they continued their work, and local police say they were sleeping when intruders entered their rented house at 2 a.m. and stabbed them to death. Police have arrested two men in connection with the killings.

LINK

Yeah, Peaceful religion alright.......killing them for just showing a movie? I wonder what the punishment will be?

[edit on 6-8-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Hi Ed,

You're right. Islam puts as its God "Allah" who is a demon. Islam makes no rational sense in how it deals with Jesus. They say Jesus is a prophet of God, but not God Himself. Well, to honor Jesus at all in this framework requires you to understand what Jesus had said. And Jesus said enough that you either have to discount Him entirely or except Him has who He said He is, the Son of God Himself. You don't get to sort of revere Jesus and call Him a great man. Either He is Lord, Liar, or Lunatic. There is no room left for "a great man, a great prophet."

It is no surprise that Muslims are just unprotected open game for any evil influence that wants them to kill again. It's not a peaceful religion. It is very clear in the Koran that you can befriend anyone but the Jew or the Christian (Gee, I wonder why those two are excluded???...Perhaps because they are the only ones for worship the true God????

Also, it says that if anyone who is a muslim turns to other faiths...kill him.

By contrast, Jesus says whoever kills with the sword must die by the sword. Turn the other cheek, if a man requires you to go with him one mile (Roman law requiring Jews to carry stuff for soldiers 1 mile), go with him two. Resist not the evil one, but pray for those that persecute you.
Now, which of the two brings peace?

Dietrich Bonhoffer was one German believer who protested Hitler who got involved in the plot to assissinate Hitler with a briefcase bomb in July 1944. He turned to the sword and God allowed him to be killed for that (hung, specifically). He was a believer who suffered the judgment of Jesus specific words because he turned to the sword.

Everyone loves to bring up the Crusades 1000 years ago. They might have been part of the church at that time, but they were no Christians who did that. They were not followers of Jesus, but rather adhering to a Church who told them what Jesus was and said. Lots of people come in Jesus name who do not know Him, do not follow Him, and do not care.

There is a great book out by Ergun Caner, a former muslim, called "Christian Jihad" which explains his conversion to follow Jesus and the heartache he went through to tell his father of his conversion. It exposes many of the dirty little secrets in Islams own doctrines (not that the supposed Christian church today does not have its hypocrisies also).

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
You do realise, besides World Daily Nets biased title, that there's NO reference to Muslims or Islam at all in that article - in fact it doesn't even suggest it was a murder committed by Mulisms.

Serioulsy, get a new source. World Daily Net is nothing but anti-Islam propaganda.

This has NOTHING to do with the War on Terrorism but EVERYTHING to do with anti-Islamic hatred. It shouldn't be posted here at all.

There's no conspiracy for starters.
There's no reference to Islam or Terror.
There's no reference to Jihad.
There's no reference to Bin Laden or al-Qaeda.

All it is, is an article by one of the webs most biased sources that is trying to hang Islam because two Evangelicals were murdered.

Since when has the 'War on Terror' Conspiracy forum become the 'Mouth Piece for Chrisitan Murders'??

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Are you serious? Just why do you think they were killed? warned? Of course it mentions Islam, its a Muslim country. What other religion would demand these peoples deaths?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Are you serious? Just why do you think they were killed? warned? Of course it mentions Islam, its a Muslim country. What other religion would demand these peoples deaths?

This should NOT be posted here.
I don't care if you do post it on ATS in Politics or something but it's got NOTHING to do with the 'War on Terror'.

People were murdered, that's all that happened. For all we know, they were murdered for the equipment they were carrying or the money they had on them.

Since the article has NO reference to this murder being done because of Islamic extreemists as part of their Terror campaign, it's nothing but conjecture to assume it was a murder for that reason or because they were Christians.

Yes they were warned not to show Christian propaganda in a country that has less than 1% of it's population not Muslim or Hindu but so what? Does the article confirm that was the reason for the murders? NO. Therefor, it's got nothing to do with Islamic Extreemism.

The article is very careful not to suggest the murder happened because of religious beliefs because they don't have any evidence to suggest it was but because they throw in 'Muslim' in the title, people like yourself use this information as ammunition against Islam as a whole. That's wrong.

Is every Christian that is murdered by someone that isn't Christian going to be posted on the 'War on Terror' Conspiracy forum now??

[edit on 6-8-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
ok who are we 'trying' to kid here?

I dont think there is any other explanation and would you be willing to bet that is was not a FAITH based killing?

"We are seeing an increased trend towards persecution of Christians in Bangladesh, and the Christian community in America is concerned," said Abraham. "We urge the Bengali government to bring the murderers to justice and uphold the Bangladesh constitution which protects religious freedom."

It was (believed) to be an attack and I feel it IS part of the War on terror as this is becoming more common everyday.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   

It was (believed) to be an attack and I feel it IS part of the War on terror as this is becoming more common everyday.

But it's NOT, why can't you see that??

It's a country that is around 83% Muslim, 16% Hindu and less than 1% Other that doesn't want Christian propaganda screened in their country, what do you expect?

You don't think that in America, UK, Australia that if a Islamic Extreemist decided to show a film about the 'truth of Islam' that they wouldn't get persecuted? They wouldn't get threatened with anti-terror laws, they wouldn't get chastised with spreading hate and evil simply because they wish to express their view on their religion in a country which hardly supports their views? They might even get murdered by extreemist Christians like the ones in that other post about the soliders funeral that we ALL agreed were not representative of ALL Christians.

Fact is, some Christians were murdered. That's it. There's no conspiracy, there's no connection with the War On Terror, there was a murder committed because the Evangelicals were trying to promote their religion in an area which is not receptive of it and they got killed for it (assuming that is the reason for their deaths). Yet the article provides no proof that was WHY they were murdered but it makes you assume that is why. This is why it's pure anti-islam propaganda, they don't state facts, they report a murder and let you assume it was due to 'terrorism'.

It's not War On Terror, you should move this to politics or other events.
That's my point. Christians being killed does not instantly equal part of a global jihadist movement. If the people who killed these guys were not muslim but lived in a muslim area, would it still be part of this forum? Because we don't know if the murderers were Muslims at all.

WDN is not a good source, it's full of conjecture and assumptions which is very bad material to be reading because it influences you without your full awareness. Find a better source that can prove your reasoning for this being in this forum and i'll be fine with that, otherwise i suggest you ask for this to be moved.

That's all.

[edit on 6-8-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
People get killed over more meaningless things. This is nothing new.
And as Memphis mentioned the murderers were not necessarily even muslims.

That movie sucks anyway.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Yeah, Peaceful religion alright.......killing them for just showing a movie? I wonder what the punishment will be?

And yet when Christians are naughty:

Originally posted by C0leAs far as the protesting, at funerals, They pretty much cancel out he fact that they are christians by the utter disrespect for those men, they are a joke imho.

You nailed it spot on......

Things that make you go hmm...

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis
Find a better source that can prove your reasoning for this being in this forum and i'll be fine with that, otherwise i suggest you ask for this to be moved.

That's all.

3 August, 2005
BANGLADESH
Bangladesh: Two Christians are killed by unknown attackers

The victims were involved in a Protestant NGO. They may have been killed because their religious beliefs and social commitment. This is a new indication of growing fundamentalism.

Abdur Rouf, a police officer in Bolamari, said the double homicide is the outcome of long-standing enmities. Harun Ar Rashid, assistant superintendent of police in Faridpur, told reporters the two may have been killed because they are Christians.

*** And what was so offensive?

Roy and Marandi invited people to watch television programs about the risk of poisoning from well water, about health risks facing women and children, about preventing marriages between people who are too young, and about the risk of AIDS.

AsiaNews sources who are experts on Bangladesh, described this as a “worrying” time for freedom of worship in Bangladesh: Islamic fundamentalism is on the rise and the government is succumbing to its pressure, becoming complicit in discrimination and violence against minority communities. The same sources warned that extremist groups in Bangladesh are operating on several fronts and they are secretly forming an entire generation of youths to be fundamentalists.

link

24 September, 2004
BANGLADESH
Christian Convert Doctor Killed By Suspected Militants
Suspects fall on Islamic militants. The victim was well known for his charitable work.

Dhaka (AsiaNews/Ucan) -- A Bangladeshi Christian doctor who converted from Islam 15 years ago has been killed by men local media described as militants.

The Bengali daily newspaper "Janakantha" reported that "Islamic warriors" killed Doctor Gani Mondol on the night of Sept. 18 as he was walking home from work in Jamalpur district, 140 kilometers north of Dhaka. The daily mentioned that local people cited the manner in which Mondol was slain -- his throat was slit -- as consistent with the way the "warriors" operate.

Bangladesh Baptist Pastor Killed by Extremists after Attempt to Share Faith
Posted: Tuesday, April 12 , 2005, 18:09 (UK)

A Baptist pastor and evangelist was found beheaded in Jalalpur, a village in the district of Khulna, south-western Bangladesh on 8th March and the murder was confirmed recently, according to AsiaNews.it.

The 35-year-old pastor from the Bangladesh Free Baptist Church, Dulal Sarkar, was believed to have been killed by Muslim extremists who had threatened his family because he discussed his faith with some Muslim villagers.

The murder occurred on 8th March on his way home after he talked to some Muslim villagers. He was reported to have been attacked by group of armed men. Sources say that it was a group of ten local Muslim extremists who later "separated his head from his body"

link

Now, are we still in a dream-world claiming that this attack was not committed by Moslem's? You want to bet that it wasn't?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
It would seem that it happens on both sides -

Reports estimate that between 67 and 300 are dead after Christian ethnic Taroks attacked Muslim cattle-herders in the town of Yelwa in central Nigeria's Plateau State. The Tarok ethnic group used machine guns mounted on jeeps, along with rifles and machetes, to attack the Muslim community. Possibly three mosques were damaged and at least 67 people have been buried, while hundreds more have fled or disappeared. Just last week, the Christian Tarok were attacked by the Muslim Hausa in the region.

...or is this OK, 'cos we are 'Christians'?

Article

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I never denied that it has happened on both sides, it just seems one is particularly more violent than the other

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I never denied that it has happened on both sides, it just seems one is particularly more violent than the other

So we are led to believe!

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan

So we are led to believe!

You know in the last 25-50 years I would say yes.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The Christian militias operating in Africa make the mujahadeen blush.

They roll into a village, and ask who wants to join. They butcher the men who refuse, rape and later kill their wives, rape the children, and instead of doing the merciful thing by killing them too, they recruit them at gun point.

Then it's on to the next village. Boys become men in the worst ways, and th cycle continues.

It's not Muslims you should be afraid of, it's the religious banners flown above wicked men.

Stop worrying about the banner, and start worrying about the men.

I guarantee the resistance to your message here will all but cease.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
The Christian militias operating in Africa make the mujahadeen blush.

It's not Muslims you should be afraid of, it's the religious banners flown above wicked men.

Yeah its like we hear of that everyday in the Sudan don't we? Oh wait, I see to have it backward don't I. Its the Muslims that are killing the Christians there.

Well I guess at least now we know why the Moslem's are killing them, its to stop all that rape and Pillaging.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This just goes to show that Muslims have no tolerence for other religions other than Islam. Even Jesus was beleaved to be a prophet by the Muslims, so I don't see why the film should be hated or considered propaganda....in fact it shed a bad light on the Jews.

Its a great film.

Its a fact as plain as the nose on my Beagle's face, that when Muslims have the majority in any country.....no other religion is safe.

Maximu§

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Sorry you got busted down to PTS ED..

I'm with you on this one.
Getting tired of Apologists, rooting for muslim extremeists around here..
Thats life I guess.

Ignorance scores a point here...ding ding ding..

oh, and so does denial..ding ding ding..

[edit on 6-8-2005 by spacedoubt]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Nonsense, absolute nonsense, and that, from the older members of this site; older as in thier spatio-temporal existence. I, only 22 years of age, feel ashamed that my mind is much more astute than that of members 3 times my age; ignorance is not overcome as the years progress, as I've learned so far.

I would like any one of these bigoted and highly reclusive members to substantiate the claim that this act was commited by Islamic members of society, and if so, as to how Islamic doctrine was pivotal in this act. Is this much to ask? I think not, it's too much to accept.

Ignorant minds concluding guilt upon Islamic members of society before crimes can be commited is a crime to humanity itself.

Luxifer.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
OK, ok

at 22 years, I was idealistic too.
Then I grew up and faced reality.

You think it was the local Rotary club?
Maybe they needed a projector?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join