It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran, China, and the US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
True, the US has a military budget far greater than anyone else, but when you look at the outsourcing and rip-offs by their contractors, it's not hard to see where the money goes
The US may have the military might but would not be able to fight in more than one theatre at a time, especially given it's dire recruiting problems right now. Ok, they could launch the cruise missiles and drop a load of bombs in more than one theatre but, without going nuclear, they will not be able to overwhelm forces on the ground before they hit supply and re-armament problems.
China and Russia are not just going to sit back and see the US try to control the oil fields of the ME. Venezuela too may turn off the supply and sell to someone else as well, possibly China.

Well, since we are talking military here, I will take the proverbial gloves off.

China and Russia can't even begin to challange the Pacific fleet of the US Navy, let alone the US military.

Time and time again, I see people posting about military affairs without the slightest clue of what makes a military work. That, my friends, is LOGISTICS.

10 men that are supplied well and can be put anywhere on earth are more valuable then 100 men who aren't armed well, don't have food, and can't be moved.

There you have it. The US can move it's men anywhere in the world at will, and keep them better suplied then the enemy. The US can also DENY the enemy the ability to move it's men and suply them. No power can get into a war with the US and expect to win - conventional or otherwise.

China can't take the tiny island off of it's cost known as Taiwan. Now tell me how in the flip they are going to move an army to the ME.

Russia? Please...They were behind in the cold war when they actually were a worthy challanger - now? THey are not even a shell of their former selves.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The issue we face vis-a-vis China is NOT their CURRENT military capabilities, but the risk of their FUTURE military superiority. Profit/wealth and subsequent taxation are what drive military growth and improvement. China is has only hit the very beginning of an industrial-strength boom cycle. The military invasive and controlling Chinese military-industrial complex can well be expected to freely skim from profits at all levels of society in the form of taxation, corruption or investment. A richer military equals a more powerful and better-equipped military. The real question is whether China's economic growth will end downturn before or after its military becomes better equipped than the US military...

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
... Is never important, only the future is important, the future capabilities of an enemy/friend is far more important to your calculations then your current calculations.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
There is a post in another forum on China's nuke policy over Tawain. I think this is a desperate attempt by China to threatten Tawain with nukes. What if the US were involved? There is no way the Reds can out nuke the Good Ole Boys.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Middle Kingdom
... Is never important, only the future is important, the future capabilities of an enemy/friend is far more important to your calculations then your current calculations.

I agree.

The problem (for China) is that every second of every day they are losing ground. Untill China starts GAINING ground, and not giving it up, they will never seriously challange the US. When China starts spending half a trillion dollars a year on their military, and there for starts closing the HUGE gap that the US has built and keeps expanding, then we can talk about China being a serious threat.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Originally posted by The Middle Kingdom

I agree.

The problem (for China) is that every second of every day they are losing ground. Untill China starts GAINING ground, and not giving it up, they will never seriously challange the US. When China starts spending half a trillion dollars a year on their military, and there for starts closing the HUGE gap that the US has built and keeps expanding, then we can talk about China being a serious threat.

What about the number of Chinese people currently in America? if China and America went to war do you think the pure chinese in the states would watch America crush China.

You rightly said being able to place your men anywhere in the world is a key factor, but China already has millions in America, how many do you have there?

Just a thought........

[edit on 28-8-2005 by 7th_Chakra]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7th_Chakra
What about the number of Chinese people currently in America? if China and America went to war do you think the pure chinese in the states would watch America crush China.

You rightly said being able to place your men anywhere in the world is a key factor, but China already has millions in America, how many do you have there?

Just a thought........

[edit on 28-8-2005 by 7th_Chakra]

Most likely if they try and fight the US, they will be tried as traitors to the United States of America and be executed. I have no problem with that and will pull the trigger myself. When you come here you become American, and if you act against America that makes you a traitor.

If it is simple civil unrest they will be placed in detention camps a la the Japanese in WWII.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join