It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Must Release Casualty Images

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
There only one reason why an Insane Liberal would want these pictures released and its to attack our military in a time of war.

LA_Maximus, this simply isn't true. The reasons this insane liberal wants these pictures to be released is that:

- They show respect and honor for the soldiers who have died and their families. Sweeping them under a rug as if they're something to be ashamed of is disrespectful and dishonorable.

These soldiers deserve our respect and honor. They deserve us to give a moment's thought to them every day as we watch the news. The surviving soldiers need to know that if they die, their deaths won't be treated as a shameful embarrassing event to be shuffled off and put in the closet in the dark. They're not just dying for their families, they're dying for the whole country and we need to give them the respect they deserve.

- The majority of the families WANT them released. These are their sons and daughters of whom they are proud. They want the country and the world to know that their son gave his life for his country! Read about it!

- IT'S THE TRUTH! People ARE dying. We need to be aware of both sides of war. It's the whole picture. We can't just keep watching our big screen sports shows and forget that we have fellow countrymen dying every day. It's dishonorable.

If you wish to continue to think this is a liberal ploy to attack the military, then I can't change your mind. But you're wrong about this liberal. And I'd bet you're wrong about a lot of them.

[edit on 12-8-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   

There only one reason why an Insane Liberal would want these pictures released and its to attack our military in a time of war.

[Not a Liberal or any other damn thing, I vote for the right man] - Ya, I want to attack the moral of the very people I want to come home ..... alive. You seem to forget, Liberals too have sons and daughters, many of them are troops. Not only are you attacking those that have neighbors and friends in war, you are attacking the direct family of how many soldiers? What, you think there are no Liberals either in the military or the family of the military? Might want to re-plan your next dis, as this one was an utter failure [kinda like Bush's war plan]

Why do you that oppose anti-War folks always twist what they say/do into crap such as this, that we think US troops are bad [attacking the military]? Are you so hate-filled of your opposing political parties that all you CAN see and think is hate? That those who want to pay respects are actually hate filled themselves? Counseling comes into mind.

If I say I want to respect a fallen one - you say I want to spit on him.
If I said my eyes are blue - you'de say they are brown.

Misfit

[edit on 12-8-2005 by Misfit]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
You seem to forget, Liberals too have sons and daughters, many of them are troops.

Well I think I can say with confidence that NOT MANY LIBERAL'S KIDS JOIN THE MILITARY....you will find their kids at anti-recruiter demonstrations and anti-Bush protests, but you won't find them in uniform.

BH, if it was a parent of a slain soldier that brought this lawsuit on, perhaps I would give it merit, but a JOURNALISM PROFESSOR is the one that filed this lawsuit and that alone tells me what his motives are.

Maximu§

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Well I think I can say with confidence that NOT MANY LIBERAL'S KIDS JOIN THE MILITARY....you will find their kids at anti-recruiter demonstrations and anti-Bush protests, but you won't find them in uniform.

Oh I get it now - Liberals give birth to Liberals and Conservatives give birth Conservatives.

I'm glad you cleared that up for me.

It's politics man, not the family tree.

Ever hear the age-old "don't judge the apple by the tree"?

Misfit

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
You know, you snipers look dor any reason to throw your cutsey little anti-war phrases and make your empty yet oft-repeated Bush-bash phrases. So many threads around here remind me of a dead pond, havingthe potential to be a nice fishing spot were it not choked by pond scum.

What is the difference between the wars we've lost ands the wars we've won? The wars won didn't have the results of war shoved in our faces 24 hours a day, demoralizing a society that is gentle and peace-loving by nature. Those who are violent by nature aren't disturbed by horrible photos, they look forward to the next decapitation how-to video, support jihad with children and money. The U.S. isn't like that, we'd rather be left alone and leave others alone.

You might just think that Saddam was a good and loving leader and should still be in charge, you might believe that all of the leaders, both foreign and domestic were kidding about Saddam being a danger with special weapons and blame it all on Bush for not kidding, you might even actually be blind enough to not see that the U.S. didn't support of because of its own greedy reasons, but you should figure out that in order to protect ourselves, we have to stay the course and get the job done. If not, we open ourselves for other attacks. Jimmy Carter proved how weakness is perceived in that part of the world and it took Reagan's strength to get them off our backs again. So quit worrying about demoralizing pictures and worry about the demoralizing scenarios that will occur if we don't complete the task.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

BH, if it was a parent of a slain soldier that brought this lawsuit on, perhaps I would give it merit, but a JOURNALISM PROFESSOR is the one that filed this lawsuit and that alone tells me what his motives are.

Maximu§

What does that tell you? I'm not clear on your implication. In your world all journalism professors are.... what?

Do you even know who this guy is or do you just hate him because he's a journalism professor? Never mind. I think I know the answer. If you are interested in who the man is:

Ralph BEGLEITER

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
You know, you snipers look dor any reason to throw your cutsey little anti-war phrases and make your empty yet oft-repeated Bush-bash phrases.

Where the hell did that come from [all of it] and, moreso, who was it directed at? Or am I to assume that anyone that opposes war is the target of your rant.

Misfit

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Thomas Crowne, calm down. To whom are you railing? Did you post in the right thread? Your post makes very little sense to me.

What’s this about Saddam? Wha…?? 24 hours a day? Bush bashing? What are you talking about?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
For example, misfit, the photo with the caption "The True Cost of WAr". Well, isn't that so cute! Says a lot, doesn't it? It doesn't, though mention the true cost of being conquored. It doesn't speak of what happens to those who don't defend their way of life.

"Maybe so that the right wing people of this world can judge for themselves without the government protecting their arguments for them?"

Well, how about if the "right-wingers" didn't insure that the war was taken to the enemy, rather than the enemy bring it to us - again. I wonder if the lovable little fuzz-balls with their cute little empty-meaning, empty-headed slogans would feelthe same if we gave "peace a chance" while the enemy continued their onslaught and blew up some StarBucks coffee shops? Maybe destroy a few crystal bookstores?

Oh, and there's another cute little empty-headed pic with three little monkeys ignoring the truth. Of course, the evil ones "ignoring truth" is only those who don't see the conflict as a "Bush" war, but a war that was thrust upon us. Would we be in a war had a Dem been in office? I doubt it, and I imagine the deficit would be just as high, after we spent tons with "Why do they hate us" committees and "How can we change to be loved by all" committees and gave billions to them to make reparations for whatever we might have done to hurt their feelings. Then, billions more would have been spent to insure no wasp boarded a plane who might apper to not trust people who look like the ones who killed so many in 2001, elsewise an emotional terrorist might watch a would-be terrorist to the point he sues for mental anguish.

Yup, get those photos out, make sure that everyone gets tired of the pain of war. We haven't been hit in years, now, let's pull back and close our eyes.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
What does that tell you? I'm not clear on your implication. In your world all journalism professors are.... what?

Do you even know who this guy is or do you just hate him because he's a journalism professor?

Well BH, a journalism professor is a POS as far as Im concerned. They are the "enemy within" and are far more dangerous than a regiment of Al Queada suicide bombers, because they look like us...they dress like us...they talk like us, but their not one of us.

Everyday Liberal journalists attack our war effort....they attack Christians....they attack the Boy Scouts.....they attack military recruiters...they attack our brave police officers and they attack traditional family values.

Yet they will scream and cry over the mis-treatment of a child murderer in jail....its too much!!!

As I mentioned, this guy outta be LOCKED UP until this war is over with.

Maximu§

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
For example, misfit, the photo with the caption "The True Cost of WAr". Well, isn't that so cute! Says a lot, doesn't it? It doesn't, though mention the true cost of being conquored. It doesn't speak of what happens to those who don't defend their way of life.

Thomas I wouldnt say that "the true cost of war" says anything bad about the military, it says wars are bad, hence tryng to stop them.
If no wars, no military ,men and women get killed.

Oh, and there's another cute little empty-headed pic with three little monkeys ignoring the truth. Of course, the evil ones "ignoring truth" is only those who don't see the conflict as a "Bush" war, but a war that was thrust upon us. Would we be in a war had a Dem been in office? I doubt it, and I imagine the deficit would be just as high, after we spent tons with "Why do they hate us" committees and "How can we change to be loved by all" committees and gave billions to them to make reparations for whatever we might have done to hurt their feelings. Then, billions more would have been spent to insure no wasp boarded a plane who might apper to not trust people who look like the ones who killed so many in 2001, elsewise an emotional terrorist might watch a would-be terrorist to the point he sues for mental anguish.

Hey....is there something about wasps you dont like?
BTW, easy on the rant man, the pictures are there for mourning, if people abuse them, tough that happens.
The BNP used 7/7 pictures to help thier campaign, what the hell?
People abuse things, you and I cant stop that , it happens, but frankly stopping something because its demoralising or "softening" the country isnt going to solve the problem.

Yup, get those photos out, make sure that everyone gets tired of the pain of war. We haven't been hit in years, now, let's pull back and close our eyes.

Thats not what those pictures are about you and I know that....no offence but I have never seen this side of you and frankly I dont like it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join