It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Must Release Casualty Images

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I don't know if this belongs in the War on Terror forum, but it is about the war and it's impact on the people of the US.

Lawsuit Forces Pentagon to Hide Less Death

In response to a lawsuit, the Pentagon has released a few dozen new and uncensored images of flag-draped coffins of U.S. troops and agreed to process "as expeditiously as possible" future Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests for photo and video images of returning war casualties.

I think this is important for the people of the US to not be protected from the images of the pain and death of war. We hear about it in numbers, but there's something about seeing a roomfull of flag-draped coffins that really brings the truth home. We need to be reminded every day of what is continuing to happen 'over there'.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
You have to question why a government would not want images of flag draped coffins available for their citizens to see. If you continually remind the populous that they are "at war" then it is only natural that their will be casualties suffered by the military.

Concentrating on the "positives" and ignoring the negatives is extremely dishonest. The government is supposed to work for you.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
How about the families of these hero's, don't ant the images to be shown. Why must we butt into their terribly private moment?

I would sooner look at pictures of you on the toilet, than want to interfere with a Soldiers family's grief.

Typical liberal lawsuit crapola.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Army
How about the families of these hero's, don't ant the images to be shown. Why must we butt into their terribly private moment?

I would sooner look at pictures of you on the toilet, than want to interfere with a Soldiers family's grief.

Typical liberal lawsuit crapola.

These "liberals" are trying to make the sacrifices of our soldiers known to the greater public. The government on the other hand is trying to brush that under the carpet.

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I dont see any family in the photo in the first post. I also see no way of working out who is in the coffin. It seems to me, Army, that you are making excuses rather than approching this issue honestly.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Yeah, that's the same argument the government uses. Have you actually read what the families want or are you just regurgitating? That's what I thought.

Military Familiies Speak Out seem to have a different view.

Supporting organizations include the Carroll County Peace Action, New Hampshire Peace Action, Lakes Region Peace and Justice Group, Veterans for Peace, and Military Families Speak Out. Members of these groups believe the best way to support our troops in Iraq is to bring them home now.

While I'm flattered, I suggest if you don't want to see the truth of the death of war, you close your eyes. Again.

[edit on 5-8-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Its a government strategy. Keep the grief of war away from the public and then we wont have another Vietnam on our hands.

Cold and sick. I saw a poll today showing Bush's handling on Iraq, 59% of americans dissapprove, the lowest ever. A true sign to get things done before it lowers even more.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
I dont see any family in the photo in the first post. I also see no way of working out who is in the coffin. It seems to me, Army, that you are making excuses rather than approching this issue honestly.

The families have already been notified of the death, they have been told when and where their Soldier will be coming home. Most often, a family member will be waiting there for the Soldier as he/she is off-loaded from the aircraft. In a couple of days, the local news will be notified by the local funeral home, of the service for the Soldier.

With the publication of the service for the Soldier, how is THAT keeping it a secret?

To publish photo's does nothing but anguish families that have suffered a loss. For a party of "fairness and tolerance", you lib's sure don't give a damn about anything but yourselves.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
As if any of you fellas care in the first place. You want grave sites and pictures of dead people, then go to Iraq and check out some of Saddams greatest hits. It's a really LONG film that lasted for 35 years with him in charge. Plenty of stock footage of it for all of you beef eaters to supposedly frown around town about. You guy's just hate America because of A-Z, so why should any grunts family answer to your fake concerns ?

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
We hear of those who gave their lives, more than 1800 now, but we hear very little about
the tens of thousands who return home with physical and emotional wounds that will haunt them
for the rest of their lives.

Some reports indicate a 10% casualty rate including all illnesses and injuries.

The first report below attempts to put a positive spin on how these brave souls
are coping with their injuries.

iamputees.blogspot.com...
www.libertyforum.org...
www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

**Note: these names were compiled by reading numerous articles. The list is not complete.

Robert Acosta 20 BE hand
Alvin Alniz 29 leg BK
Eric Alva 32 leg AK
Ryan Autery 20 arm
Peter Bagarella 21 leg BK
Scott Barkalow 40 leg BK
Chuck Bartles* 26 arm
Jonathan Bartlett 19 legs AK, BK
Dale Beatty 26 legs
Hilario Bermanis 21 legs hand
Aaron Blakely 24 legs 2 feet
Matthew Boisvert 21 leg BK
Tim Boots 23 leg BK
Joe Bozik legs AK,BK hand
Matthew Braddock 24 leg BK
Bret Bretz 23 legs
Nicholas Bright arm
Thomas Brooks 21 leg
Willie Brooks 23 legs BK
Phillip Brown(X) legs
Andrew Butterworth 25 leg
Michael Buyas legs
Hilbert Caesar 27 leg
Michael Cain arm
Health Calhoun 25 legs AK
Erick Castro leg
Chris Chandler 23 leg BK
Randy Chasten 31 legs
David Chatham 34
Maurice Craft 26 leg
Christopher Crowling leg
Peter Damon arms
Jemel Daniels leg
Terry Dean leg
Jorge DeLeon leg
Keith Deutsch 20 leg AK
Robbie Doughty 29 legs BK,AK
Tammy Duckworth 36 legs
Brandon Erickson 22 arm
John Fernandez legs AK, BK
Christopher Fesmire 27 legs
Jay Fondren 24 legs
Daniel Gade 29 leg
Marc Giammatteo 27 leg BK
Lance Gieselmann leg AK
Danielle Green 27 1 hand
Brian Groves 24 leg
Dawn Halfaker 25
Colin Hamilton (UK) 28 leg AK
Derrick Hardin 19 leg BK
Chuck Hayter leg
Mary Herrera 23 arm (use)
Pete Herrick 34 leg
Dustin Hill 22 2 hands
Tanner Hoag arm
Matthew Houston 22 leg
BJ Jackson 22 legs
Chad Johnson leg BK
Brian Johnston 24 leg arm
Brent Jurgersen 42 leg
Ryan Kelly 23 leg AK
Brian Kolfage legs arm
Clemons Kortney 24 leg AK
Norberto Lara 31 arm
Dan Lasko leg
Alex Leonard leg BK
Chris Leverkuhn 21 leg AK
Sean Lewis 21 leg AK
Alan Lewis 23 legs BK,AK
Chris Livesay 31 leg ATK
Adolfo Lopez-Santini 26 leg
George Loria arm
Andy McCaffrey 32 arm
Mike Meinen 26 leg AK
Manuel Mendoza legs
Dan Metzborf* leg
Roy Mitchell leg
Lonnie Moore 29 leg
Evan Morgan 21 legs AK,BK
Michael NcNaughton 32 legs
Brian Neuman?
Mark O'Brien 22 leg AK arm
Anthony Odierno 26 arm
Oscar Olguin 19 leg
Joshua Olson 25 leg AK
Casey Owens 23 leg
Scott Palomino 21 leg
Kevin Pannell 26 legs BK, AK
Gary Payton leg
George Perez* 21 leg
Trevor Phillips
Austin Phillips 20 leg BK
Henry Phillips 27 leg
Anothy Pizzifred 20 leg
Edward Platt 21
Ed Pulido 36 leg
Isaiah Ramirez 21 leg BK
Jose Ramos 24 leg
Joseph Ramsey arm
Adam Reoplogle 25 1 hand
William Reynolds 24 leg
Luis Rodriguez 35 leg AK
Robert Roeder leg
Sam Ross 20 leg
Albert Ross leg BK
David Rozelle 31 foot
Ed Salau 34 leg
Jacob Schick 22 foot
Dean Schwartz 22
Daniel Seefeldt 41 leg BK
Justin Shellhammer 26 leg
Robert Shrode 29 arm
Chad Smith leg
Moses Sonera foot
Garth Stewart* 23 leg
Subido 23 1 foot
Scott Terryll(X) 19 arms
Casey Tibbs
Corey Webb 22 leg
Patrick Wickens leg
Brian Wilhelm leg
Luke Wilson leg AK
Johnny Wilson 25 leg BK
Joe Worley 22
James Wright 28 2 hands
Tristan Wyatt 21 leg ATK
Jeffery Sanders
James King leg
Robert Blikle hand
Melissa Stockwell 25 leg AK

[edit on 5-8-2005 by FallenFromTheTree]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I know its a bit late but do you think the pro-democracy U.S government should start doing Iraqi body counts? Maybe so that the right wing people of this world can judge for themselves without the government protecting their arguments for them?
I know it happens almost all the time, but if the government stepped in to win the pro invasion peoples arguments just a little bit more often i'm sure everyone would agree the Iraq war was justified.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
We dont need the Pentagon to do this, the Insurgents do it for us. They video tape everything they do, including dead Americans.

My advice to the US military: Shoot everybody in Iraq holding a video camera for no apparent reason.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
My advice to the US military: Shoot everybody in Iraq holding a video camera for no apparent reason.

They already do.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

could you go into detail on why the hell?

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Well Done.
All the death and bodily damage, wondering about the cost and the real reasoning for absorbing that cost?

Can the Goverment of the United States really assume it's all worth this horendous cost of people. Dunno, but seems to me the interests of joining th US Military or renewing a Military commitment after this must be dwindling to a serious level. And, the amount of Soldiers available must be dwindling too..

Dallas

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArmyTypical liberal lawsuit crapola.

There only one reason why an Insane Liberal would want these pictures released and its to attack our military in a time of war.

There is no shame left in these people and we won't forget their treason. Just look at who filed these lawsuits.....University of Delaware professor Ralph Begleite...A JOURNALISM PROFESSOR who has educated many America-Haters we see in our papers today. Do any of you think this COMMIE professor cares about our dead Heros?

No, he is part of the 60's generation (Bring-it-all-down-Man) and he'll do whatever it takes to make sure we LOSE this war on terror. He should be arrested and locked up at Guantanamo Bay until this war is over with.

Maximu§

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I believe this is going to be the new Bush Apologists Logo:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
As a brit I'm shocked,
How the hell can people debate over these people?
Frankly if people want to take pictures of them fine, but do it with family premission.

Also I cant beleive how many people here are using this whole situation as a weapon against "dem dirty libs" or "Dem dirty neocons" or "Da facists", get a grip people.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Also I cant beleive how many people here are using this whole situation as a weapon against "dem dirty libs" or "Dem dirty neocons" or "Da facists", get a grip people.

Perhaps it's a way of coping with an American death, to 'lay blame instead of doing what is natural' - mourn [many people can not handle mourning].

Another perhaps is, it is a denial of war; be it denial stemmed from a feeling of being wrong, or maybe denial stemmed from disavowing ones self from any blame; or any number of denials.

It is my personal belief, that to want to hide these soldiers from the public is a blatant act of wanting to hide the war - if I don't see that it kills people, they aren't really dying.

Think about it, ever seen ANYONE raise hell about the OTHER sides dead being shown? Hell no, those are in the evening news every day; to me, it is "trophy display". Kinda bass-ackwards don't ya think? Hiding our dead [that we should be giving one last "done good" to], yet displaying the dead of the the other side. Coincides with hiding ours sends the message that we just anrn't losing many; numbers don't influence like pictures - you show the caskets of those 1800+ as they came back every day on the news, or the thousands that come back with one less leg or hand, or half a face, etc, and the whole of America may say "fukk this - no more!".

Just adding to ya.

Misfit

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The Bush administration assumed that the overthrowing of Saddam's regime
would be a quick and dirty little war.

They were half right.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join