It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kabbalah = Sorcery

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I recently checked out the Kabbalah website and noticed fundamental contradictions.

Supposedly Kabbalah teaches methods on overcoming the "ego". But then Kabbalah delves into methods of calculating physics coordinates. Apparently Kabbalah contends that we can attract events to happen in our lives by attracting certain patterns of atoms or physics. The patterns of physics in our lives determine what materializes in our lives - supposedly by controlling physics, you control your life.

The contradiction lies in that you can't really overcome your "ego" through control. The ego is control. You can't overcome the "ego" by feeding it - it's a contradiction. Kabbalah is based on lies and deceptions.
Sorcerers, witches, alchemists, Satanists, Kabbalahists all seem to deal with manipulating physics. They will contend that they are merely manipulating science though.

So what's wrong with manipulating science? It's a deception. The only thing being manipulated is you. When you mess around with that stuff, you are surrendering your control to supernatural powers. You think you're controlling events but it's the powers that are controlling you.

Ephesians 6:12:
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

The only real power in the world is God. God created the world. The world was created to further God's glory. Who are you to manipulate God's creation?

Colossians 1:10:
12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: 13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: 14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: 15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

And this is what God says about it:

There shall not be found among you [any one] that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, [or] that useth divination [or] an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things [are] an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.
Deuteronomy 18:10 (KJV)

Isaih 41:12
12 Stand now with thine enchantments, and with the multitude of thy sorceries, wherein thou hast laboured from thy youth; if so be thou shalt be able to profit, if so be thou mayest prevail.
13 Thou art wearied in the multitude of thy counsels. Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, the monthly prognosticators, stand up, and save thee from these things that shall come upon thee.
14 Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall burn them; they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame: there shall not be a coal to warm at, nor fire to sit before it.

Revelation 21:8
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

[Even him], whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
2 Thessalonians 2:9-12 (KJV)

Scientology is also based on overcoming the ego. Scientology contends that we are our own creators. Scientology also fundamentally contradicts its own premise.
You can't overcome the ego by feeding it with a delusion of control.

It's all a deception - smoke and mirrors. They prance their celebrities in front of the smoke screen so that you don't look at the smoke - all you see is Madonna, Tom Cruise, John Travolta, and so on and so on. You don't notice the slight of hand, the lies, the trap door.

What's amazing to me is that Madonna is supposed to have a genius IQ. What kind of IQ does it take to be a puppet?!!

[edit on 5-8-2005 by checkers]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It helps to have your star-charts, masonic decoder ring and tracing board ready before ya start calculating though

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by checkers
I recently checked out the Kabbalah website and noticed fundamental contradictions.

So you checked out "THE Kabbalah Website" did you? And now you know seeking to know the promised rewards of God through the study of the Torah (aka The Old testament) is "Sorcery." And to prove it, you cite the Bible. I see.

Perhaps you could direct me to "THE Christianity website" and we could make some half assed generalizations about that cult.

Madonna is an idiot, okay? So are all those nuts in Scientology (whatever that has to do with the Kabbalah). But real Mekubbalim are generally well adjusted, serious, devout married Jewish males over 40 (it's tradition) that have spent their lives in scholarly study of the Torah and Talmud and seek the enlightenment God promised (specifically) to the chosen people for following his decrees.

They call Leviticus 26 "the carrot or the stick." To paraphrase: Do what I say and there are special rewards, don't and I'll screw with you.

I mean either Jews are the chosen people of special favors or they aren't. If you're a fan of the Bible, I'd leave the mensch be.

And those special insights don't make them (the real Mekubbalim) sorcerers no matter what disinformation or new age cult you found on the Internet may say. Seeking to know God in a special way has many Biblical foundations and examples, and many (according to the Old Testament) have had those visions of enlightenment.

Such as Ezekial 1:1,5...

1 Now it came to pass in the thirtieth year, in the fourth month, in the fifth day of the month, as I was among the captives by the river of Chebar, that the heavens were opened, and I saw visions of God.

2 In the fifth day of the month, which was the fifth year of king Jehoiachin’s captivity,

3 The word of the LORD came expressly unto Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, in the land of the Chaldeans by the river Chebar; and the hand of the LORD was there upon him.

4 And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.

5 Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.

Was Ezekiel a sorcerer or just rewarded with visions for following God?

Now the Talmud, the oral tradition of laws and study (not for you Christians) goes into further detail describing the dangers and rules of how and when to study Jewish mysticism. And, like I said, Madonna does NOT qualify.

Just think of it as the Jewish version of Buddhist enlightenment, Hindu Nirvana or a Christian being "Born Again" (though that one doesn't appear to take any actual effort).

But there obviously is a conspiracy among some to sell some new age Judaism off as Kabbalah and I think you found it, though without a link I can't comment.

Plus there's considerable evidence the Zohar (a Aramaic Kabbahlist guide to the Old Testament written in medieval times) was not an exact copy of the ancient oral tradition. But what is? The Old testament most certainly devolved quote a bit in the 1500 years it took to finally write it down. If you disagree, then you shouldn't have a problem with Kaballah. In fact, you shouldn't at all if you're a Christian, because supposedly those wacky Jewish prophets that come to tell you the Tribulation is upon us with their manic prophesizing and miracles will be learned Kaballists.

And I wouldn't try to attack those guys as sorcerers either. I have it on good authority they can breathe the fire of God.

[edit on 5-8-2005 by RANT]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
"A scholar of mysticism is like an accountant; he may know where the treasure is, but he is not free to use it."

JewishVirtualLibrary

When God does come to the Kabbalist, he does what he's told. He doesn't spin wheat into gold, make the Statue of Liberty disappear or walk on water to prove a point. That's Jesus's magic act.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
ezekial had ingested hallucinogenic mushrooms. the scroll from cow dung and the wheels inside of wheels covered in eyes says that pretty clear to me

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
The website you have probably checked out is probably the Kabbalah Center, not Kabbalah.

Kabbalah Center has been accused of being a Cult.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Supposedly Kabbalah teaches methods on overcoming the "ego". But then Kabbalah delves into methods of calculating physics coordinates. Apparently Kabbalah contends that we can attract events to happen in our lives by attracting certain patterns of atoms or physics. The patterns of physics in our lives determine what materializes in our lives - supposedly by controlling physics, you control your life.

The contradiction lies in that you can't really overcome your "ego" through control. The ego is control. You can't overcome the "ego" by feeding it - it's a contradiction. Kabbalah is based on lies and deceptions.
Sorcerers, witches, alchemists, Satanists, Kabbalahists all seem to deal with manipulating physics.
[....]

When you mess around with that stuff, you are surrendering your control to supernatural powers.

[edit on 5-8-2005 by checkers]

the reply by RANT covers about what i'd say, if i could say it.

from my perspective, it appears you, checkers, consider
Jewish Mysticism more like the Alchemy part of the larger realm of Sorcery~~ with all that physics, and subtile manipulations of atomic & subatomic structure, (by the force of mind or Ego).

i would counter that the 'force' being employed (by these mystics) to cause different attractions to your enter their life...
is not a gross, abrupt, heavyhanded 'force', which you view as a 'manipulation'.

i would compare the Kabbalist method of creating an 'attractor',
(which you categorize as sorcery, deception, evil & ego manipulation...)
as comparable with Tai Chi, or even chakra realignment/cleansing, see also Buddhist Philosophies.....

i kinda think, as far to the left i have positioned my philosophy/spiritual worldview....you have positioned your view from the right, as spoken thru the Christian Fundamentalism sect.

you said...

'When you mess around with that stuff,
you are surrendering your control to supernatural powers'

[would that include, surrendering to Christ?, or becoming a christian soldier?]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

you said...

'When you mess around with that stuff,
you are surrendering your control to supernatural powers'

[would that include, surrendering to Christ?, or becoming a christian soldier?]

Yes - we have the freedom to choose. We can repent of our sins and surrender our power to Christ or we can surrendar our power to evil. The powers of evil will have you think that you possess the power to control your world through sorcery, etc. But by the very act of sorcery you surrendar your power to evil. You request the powers of evil to do your bidding. However, it is a deception because you aren't controlling the powers of evil - it's a delusion = the powers of evil are controlling you.

Cabala:
www.ccel.org...
www.faithdefenders.com...
www.apologeticsindex.org...
www.paganspath.com...
www.greatdreams.com...
poto.com...
www.globalfreemasonry.com...

"During the Middle Ages (5th century to 15th century), science, religion, and magic often were not clearly distinguished in either Judaism or Christianity. In medieval Europe, ancient magical traditions became deeply intertwined with the Jewish mystical system called Cabala and also with surviving pre-Christian folk magic, which involved a wide assortment of spells, charms, customs, and beliefs."
www.angelfire.com...
www.occultopedia.com...
www.kabbalah.com...
and so on...

[edit on 6-8-2005 by checkers]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Peace checkers

With all due respect, your views are myopic at best.

You're mostly looking at that new age-ish, watered down, pop, Scientology, Zionist garbage; and assuming that all Kabbalists are sorcerers and black magicians.

Do the knowledge on authentic teachings of Kabbalah and The Tree of Life(Paut Neter), and you'll see a vast difference.

In fact, it becomes quite obvious that the so-called "Bible" was written by Kabbalists/Alchemists and for Initiates; and not the ignorant masses, who either don't care about anything but their own desires, or who only want to believe in something out of fear.

Of course some corrupt Priest-initiates at some point came along, and used such scriptures as to manipulate the minds of people to control them through literal interpretations and dogmas.

Anyway; if your interested in real Kabbalah; you can start here:

Gnostic Kabbalah

Paut Neteru

www.abovetopsecret.com...

When studying the Tree of Life, one can also begin to see that every authentic religion is based on it.....

Hotep

[edit on 6-8-2005 by Tamahu]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Quoting the bible as any kind of evidence for anything is just a pure and shining sign of manic insanity. Christians seem to live and feed off of freaking out about other people's beliefs.
Intolerance bigotry simply exposes the small mind.

Study of any "mysticism" is never following of any set rules word for word, but simple
step stones for people who are on a path of self discover and self initiation, the majority
of which only need a simple guide and not dogmatic subservience to a code or master.

Before you dog someone elses choice in philosophical pursuits, try looking in the mirror
at the slime and filth that oozes from your own.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
*tapping hand on desk*

*still tapping*

*snort*

You CANNOT make claims against ANYTHING by checking out one or two sites on the Internet.

To do so limits not only your intelligence, but also how others perceive you. For example, Kabala.

If you were to delve deeper into the research you claim, you will find the truth concerning this subject matter.

And why can't the Kabal alter perceptions or alter atomic principles? Don't you understand what Kabalism is?

Kabalism is to seek and find the truth no matter where it lies. KNOWLEDGE brings one closer to the divine. Granted, there are layers which must be uncovered, barriers to be passed through, as each step towards enlightenment is achieved, but is that not the case in all things? Uncover a truth, and a new one takes its place?

And is it not TRUTH that atoms can be altered?

So, does that also mean that those responsible for the creation of the atomic bomb were Satanists?!

EVIL!!

AND, my god, how dare you group together Satanists with the likes of sorcerers? Or witches?

*Ahem* Please note, there are no such things as witches. Wiccans, sure. Druids, sure. Witches... no.

*Ahem* "Movie" Satanists, or true Satanists? There's a major difference there, buddy... especially since a true Satanist can pray to God.

*Ahem* Sorcerers and alchemists are the forefathers of chemists, are they not?

Physics and chemistry, I condemn you to Hell and eternal damnnation!!!

*vulgar choice here*!

Photons are being altered as I type, as you read! This damned monitor was created by man, and it alters the electromagnetic specrum!

AND[/B]

What Madonna does is not true Kabalism. She, and every other Hollywood type have bastardized this belief!

Get your facts!

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
G-D booted Adam and Eve for eating the forbidden fruit from the Tree of Knowledge.

Sure they had a huge amount of smarts until G-D took it back from them during the booting.

Kabbalists prepare, work, study, learn, prove, and follow.
No booting for them.

Murderers in prison who claim Jesus as their savior when they get executed still go to hell.

[edit on 7-8-2005 by Chuck Stevenson]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson
Murderers in prison who claim Jesus as their savior when they get executed still go to hell.

What? They've repented, and they still go to hell? I thought Christ died so that if you believed in him and repented your sins you would be forgiven.

Where did I go wrong?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

Do the knowledge on authentic teachings of Kabbalah and The Tree of Life(Paut Neter), and you'll see a vast difference.

When studying the Tree of Life, one can also begin to see that every authentic religion is based on it.....

You are absolutely right my friend, the quabalah contains material that are today the core beliefs of several religions. It also contains the hoo so scary ''black magic'' side consisting of operative rituals. Some are indeed troubling, but are said to be effective.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I got a book " The key Of Solomon The King" ( Mathars) and says that Solomon practiced Black Magic
he used all kind of magic. so can anyone explain this? or did I just waste my money on something that is not well re-searched. They say that this MSS is in British Museum.
I can see how one can be confused over all this. I always thought Kabbalah was a Good teaching and that this is suppose to be a true source of Knowledge. Solomon learned this, but I was thrown off by this book.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
then again that depends of your definition of ''black''. I dont know where some people got the idea that black represents evil, but it doesnt always. Maybe in some conservative christian circles, but not everywhere. And most likely king solomon was versed into the occult arts that the kaballah represents today. But again its not evil, correctly used, its an instrument of power. Wether it will be used for for ''good'' or ''evil'' purposes if left to the user own free will.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Do you think maybe this was a good teaching and through the ages it got distorted like everything does and things do get lost in translation. and whats the differance between " Kabbalah" and Cabbalah" ( hope this is spelt right ..) whats with The " C" and K" or is there a differance?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chasrac64
Do you think maybe this was a good teaching and through the ages it got distorted like everything does and things do get lost in translation. and whats the differance between " Kabbalah" and Cabbalah" ( hope this is spelt right ..) whats with The " C" and K" or is there a differance?

since we are trying to phonetically translate a hebrew word it can be written in anyway possible, kaballa, kaballah, quabalah, qabalah, caballah, etc... the important part is you get the phonetics right.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I just got this book today from Amazon, thinking That I have a real good read. I will Quote something out of here.. something short.
" There are however Two works on Black magic, The Grimorium Verum, and the Clavicola di Salomone ridolta" which have been attributed to Solomon" and which have been in some cases especially mixed up with the present work" , " But which have nothing really to do with therewith; they are full of evil magic and I cannot caution the practical student too strongly against them"

now Im thinking to myself. " Oh my gosh, whats up with this"

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonchild

Originally posted by Chasrac64

since we are trying to phonetically translate a hebrew word it can be written in anyway possible, kaballa, kaballah, quabalah, qabalah, caballah, etc... the important part is you get the phonetics right.
Oh ok, I was thinking one was a good teaching and the other was not the true teaching. so its in the translation...got cha

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join