It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Level 4 bio Weapons lab admited to in local Paper.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2002 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I knew about this for some time but I found it intersting that the local paper had the balls to report on this here is the link.

www.mtstandard.com...

Falcon

For some reason the montana standard has a problem with there links if there is a small gap at the end of this link Like htm l or ht ml Just add the two missing letters and it will connect.

[Edited on 16-9-2002 by falcon]

[Edited on 17-9-2002 by falcon]

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 05:22 AM
link   
i got the 404 message

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I checked the site;
www.montanastandard.com...

And it must have been purged.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   
What does Bio-1 Bio-2 Bio-3 and Bio-4 levels represent. What precautions are used for each one?

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
ALso, do you need a security clearance to enter a bio-lab facility?

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 03:54 PM
link   
i dont know specifics, picard, but a bio 4 is extremely high precautions, there aren't alot of those around, and the security clearances to enter something like that would probably be high, as almost all of them would be government run (although i think there are a few of them in universities, you still cant just walk in, hence the bio-4)

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I got the 404 as well. They took it down?

-wD

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Im also getting the 404 ,I guess its gone.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   
oh well it gone....i guess someone did'nt want someone to see that

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Why don't you email the newspaper website and ask them what they did with the page?
[email protected]

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JeanLucPicard
What does Bio-1 Bio-2 Bio-3 and Bio-4 levels represent. What precautions are used for each one?

Heres a link to the CDC's website outlining all the levels from 1 to 4

www.cdc.gov...

Basically ebola, and all of the other hemoragic virus' are dealt with in level 4. It definately would be interesting to know what disesase fall where on the list of levels. As for security clearances, not at the CDC probably or private research institutes, but if you want to walk into a level 4 room at USAMRIID (U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases) in Fort Detrick MD, you will most definately have to have a clearance.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Thats Some High Powerfull Shiz Right There
i Would Hate To Have That Kind Of Job

[Edited on 15-12-2003 by ShadowMan]

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I am wondering how accurate the movie Outbreak was when it was going through all of the Bio levels.

Its all based on the contagious factor I believe. (I don't feel like reading the cdc page).

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
***ALso, do you need a security clearance to enter a bio-lab facility? ***

Not Civilian one, The CDC hacve scientist and military working together and do not need security clearance.

But I think that they put your name in the computer to verify your past....Like any governement agency!

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by porgasm
oh well it gone....i guess someone did'nt want someone to see that

Maybe because it is from 2002?

old news that is the reason we cant read it anymore.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
It is probably BSE related as it is worked at in a level 4 environment and that's cattle country. I stand to be corrected but I believe Ebola, Smallpox and the like are dealt with in Level 5 facilities like USAMRID and CDC and a very few others. Not all Biocontainment labs are necessarily bioweapons labs, although they could be considered dual purpose facilities if push came to shove. The major powers have at least given the appearence of trying to impliment the BW/CW Treaties and destroy their respective stock piles. Supposed "defensive research" continues but one can only imagine how quickly that could become offensive if that decision were taken, if it has not been already in response to the perceived threat.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
WOW! The Montana Standart. I went to school at MT Tech for the first year of my college career. Are you from Butte falcon? Im just curious. That is where my wife is from, and her dad teaches at MT Tech... BTW, 404 error here too...

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hey there... My girlfriend works for the CDC. We both worked in a BSL3 this summer on WNV (West Nile Virus). To be able to work in the BSL3 she had to fill out the same paperwork needed for a secret clearance although i don't think she was actualy granted a secret... i was fine since i have my TS/SCI. Also BSL4 is as high as it goes. Ebola and AIDS are BSL4's. There are only a handful of BSL4's in the world... i know for sure though that CDC Atlanta & the Philipeans have them and they are starting to build on at the CDC Ft. Collins, Co. The link below is to the study done on WNV this past summer at Ft. Collins if your interested!

www.helenair.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the info. Wasn't sure on the 4 and 5 question. Am I correct in thinking that BSE is worked in a lower level because of transmition factors?....sorry Mad Cow.

[Edited on 10-1-2004 by Bluetwo]

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
what does BSE stand for?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join