It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

haha 322 on my desktop look

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cattlest
Excuse me, I'm talking about Nazis and Freemasons here. Skull and Bones is only involved because you said it was one of the most prominent symbols used by German Freemasons. So basically I want to know if this was a prominent Freemason symbol and Nazis persecuted Freemasons, why they would use such a symbol.

I'm the wrong person the be asking that. I gave you only facts, I don't know WHY they are that way. I just know that they are. But I CAN tell you that the Skull and Crossbones was and is a VERY popular symbol used by MANY people/ organizations/ groups. It was not unique to Freemasonry when the SS began using it. Not only that, but the SS skull&bones stood for something completely different than what Freemasonry's skull&bones stands for.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
True enough, it probablly has nothing to do with Freemasonry. I just found it very peculiar. Had to ask.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

True enough, it probablly has nothing to do with Freemasonry. I just found it very peculiar. Had to ask.

It should have nothing to with anything! Like I said in previous thread, there's no good purpose to display a rotten decaying set of bones.

NONE!

[edit on 12-8-2005 by eudaimonia]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia

It should have nothing to with anything! Like I said in previous thread, there's no good purpose to display a rotten decaying set of bones.

NONE!

Who died and made you queen?! Seriously!

I saw a bumper sticker once that fits your attitude very well: "I'm not opinionated; I'm just always right!"

Get over yourself. Please.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Umm, there is no reason, other than Morbid symbolism....

So we are on the same page now.

Every time you use a SKULL and bones... Well, we can take it to mean one thing, and either you have the same lack of ethics as the last person who decided to use it as their insignia, or you are saying you support 'Necessary Evil', that you in fact, decide what is Necessary.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
If the symbol was supposed to symbolize death as a neccessary evil, then it would be appropriate for Nazis. Though I think this arguement of what the symbol signifies is pointless. You can not accuse anyone based on a symbol, be they Nazi, Pirate, Freemason, Fratenity Member or anything else you can think of. Though I think there should be some understanding on the symbols bad connotations (particularly given some of the unsavory groups who have used it).

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   

If the symbol was supposed to symbolize death as a neccessary evil, then it would be appropriate for Nazis. Though I think this arguement of what the symbol signifies is pointless. You can not accuse anyone based on a symbol, be they Nazi, Pirate, Freemason, Fratenity Member or anything else you can think of. Though I think there should be some understanding on the symbols bad connotations (particularly given some of the unsavory groups who have used it).

Well, I still go by that saying, "A picture is worth a thousand words".

Shouldn't it also apply with symbols and who uses it?

Whether it's from the past, present or future?

Here's the impossible:

What if I want to have a large bumper sticker on my car with a skull and crossbones and right under it say, "Love, Peace, and Charity".

Will you say, "Well dang it, I never thought of it that way!"

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles

Every time you use a SKULL and bones... Well, we can take it to mean one thing, and either you have the same lack of ethics as the last person who decided to use it as their insignia, or you are saying you support 'Necessary Evil', that you in fact, decide what is Necessary.

That has got to be the most ignorant thing I've ever heard. :bnghd:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk

Originally posted by akilles

That has got to be the most ignorant thing I've ever heard. :bnghd:

Okay, you have to stop bashing your head against the wall. You might not be able to hear us reasonable men speaking truths.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
My mom called me the other day on my cell phone and left a message at 2:23 pm. The Cingular Wireless voice mail even says so...First message, today,,, 2:23 pm... Mom leaves her message

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join