It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

haha 322 on my desktop look

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by loserkage
Yesterday Skull and Bones was a stupid college debate club according to you, today you want to talk about how your beloved freemasonry is involved with it as a conspiracy from the very beginning.

Involved with it as a conspiracy? How so? I merely stated that German Freemasonry is what gave the founder the idea to start his own fraternity at Yale. How do you read anything else from that?

I'll continue your story, now supposedly after this meeting with the freemason lodge of germany the founders of skull and bones proceeded to play poker with the loch ness monster, a mysterious lord of the sith, and a 10 foot tall man wearing all red. Now anybody familiar with the inscription on the temple of poopstain in the land of poopadonia would know the implications of this.

Great job contributing to this thread!

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia
How is that Self-contradiction? You make no sense whatsoever. Poison = Death. Same Sh*t.

OK fine I'll play. So yeah, you take poison, you die, close enough. I'll concede that.

I'm not sure I understand where your problelm lies... You say that the skull and crossbones is a symbol of death; we say skill and crossbones is a symbol of death, in that it reminds us that we are mere mortals, and we all will die someday.

Your point?

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
OK fine I'll play. So yeah, you take poison, you die, close enough. I'll concede that.

I'm not sure I understand where your problelm lies... You say that the skull and crossbones is a symbol of death; we say skill and crossbones is a symbol of death, in that it reminds us that we are mere mortals, and we all will die someday.

Your point?

I think what you just wrote makes my point VERY clear.

It's almost laughable, really. Why would you want to be reminded that death is around the corner? We all know that, why the big fuss? Sebatwerk makes it seem like it has this great significant role in his life. Which I find rather silly, to be honest.

I say leave the bones behind and create a new symbol that represents love, peace and unity.

An image of a skull and crossbones does not equal brotherhood, no matter how you look at it.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I think what you just wrote makes my point VERY clear.

It's almost laughable, really. Why would you want to be reminded that death is around the corner? We all know that, why the big fuss? Sebatwerk makes it seem like it has this great significant role in his life. Which I find rather silly, to be honest.

I say leave the bones behind and create a new symbol that represents love, peace and unity.

An image of a skull and crossbones does not equal brotherhood, no matter how you look at it.

I'm not a Mason, so I can't sit here and explain to you what it mens in relation to Masonic teaching or symbolism. What I gather from what I read (Pike, et al) is that it is meant to remind us, like I said, that we are all going to die so we should do what's right and prepare ourslelves in this life to make sure that we are rewarded in the next, rather than be punished. In other words, do what's right, because in the end, we're all judged for it, and there is no getting around death.

BTW there are many, many symbols in Freemasonry. They aren't all symbolic of death, as much as it seems you'd like to think so.

Look, it's simple. You don't like Masonic symbolism, then don't become a Mason. As a non-Mason, why should their symbols matter to you? Does it keep you up at night that Masons use a skull and crossbones as a symbol of mortality?

Where's the beef?

[edit on 8/8/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I've seen old German Nazi's with a Skull and Bones logo. Does this mean they were apart of the German Freemason's or something else? If they were part of the Freemasons, how has that affected your view of them, Sebatwerk? I do know Germany was at the time a climate of misinformation and any that would rebel against them would mostly be controlled by fear. Even though I recognize this I do think Mason's, particularly well to do ones, probablly did participate in the holocaust. Does this affect your opinion of German Freemasonry or Freemasonry in general? If you have some information or website for me, you might send it to my ATS mailbox, being as this is off topic.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by Cattlest]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cattlest
I've seen old German Nazi's with a Skull and Bones logo. Does this mean they were apart of the German Freemason's or something else? If they were part of the Freemasons, how has that affected your view of them, Sebatwerk? I do know Germany was at the time a climate of misinformation and any that would rebel against them would mostly be controlled by fear. Even though I recognize this I do think Mason's, particularly well to do ones, probablly did participate in the holocaust. Does this affect your opinion of German Freemasonry or Freemasonry in general? If you have some information or website for me, you might send it to my ATS mailbox, being as this is off topic.

I may as well put it out here for everyone to see...

www.grandlodgescotland.com...

www.masonicinfo.com...

www.dhh-3.de...

Freemasons were persecuted in the holocaust, so I don't think you would find many, if any at all, that were participants in the ordeal. Unless of course you consider being on the losing end participating.

[edit on 8/8/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

If you had studied your history, you would know that Freemasons were persecuted and thrown in concentration camps by Hitler and the SS!!! This is a well-known FACT.

Sure masons DID participate in the holocaust... they were among the victims! Here's a great link on it:

freemasonry.bcy.ca...

[edit on 8-8-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
just a little thought.

322, could be seen as a triad of numbers in which result the numbers 3, 5 (3+2) and 7 (3+2+2). three numbers that are important in the 1st degree of masonry.
so THREE numbers, resuling in 3, 5, 7. neat symbolism.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonchild
just a little thought.

322, could be seen as a triad of numbers in which result the numbers 3, 5 (3+2) and 7 (3+2+2). three numbers that are important in the 1st degree of masonry.

Very cool.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Have you ever been close to death? I have, and you know what? I used to live my life w/out a care (for myself and others). I NEVER thought on a consistant basis, "Death is right around the corner. I should live my life accordingly." I now have my scars to remind me how close to death I actually was. I am forced to look at these scars every day, and you know what? I'm glad I have them because they remind me of my mortality and because of that I have become a person with a sense of purpose.

What's it matter what their symbol is to remind them of their own mortality? As long as it does, it serves its purpose. Why ask them to change their tradition if it affects you in no way, shape or form, and you have no association with them.

His symbol serves the same purpose in his life as my scars serve in my life. Would you say my scars are "silly?" Also, I'm sure there are symbols, characters, animals, or whatever, that have a "great significant role" in your life. I'm also pretty sure that one of these may seem "silly" to somebody else. As long as these symbols make us better people, what's it matter what they are?

PS - eudaimonia, I apologize in advance if I hit on any sore spots. Just trying to make a point. You and I may be reminded of death everyday, but others may not.

[edit on 9-8-2005 by Woodside]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerkIf you had studied your history, you would know that Freemasons were persecuted and thrown in concentration camps by Hitler and the SS!!! This is a well-known FACT.

Sure masons DID participate in the holocaust... they were among the victims! Here's a great link on it:

freemasonry.bcy.ca...

[edit on 8-8-2005 by sebatwerk]

Thank you for this website, it makes perfect sense. If I would have thought about it for awhile, I probablly would have figured it out on my own. Though I still don't know why the Nazi's used the Skull and Bones. Either way it does further the reasons why people such as eudaimonia would be repulsed at the sight of this symbol.

I'd also like to say that my great grandfather was a escaped Jew from Germany and he became a Freemason in America. He made it to Grand Potentate. Not sure what that means though...

[edit on 9-8-2005 by Cattlest]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Involved with it as a conspiracy? How so? I merely stated that German Freemasonry is what gave the founder the idea to start his own fraternity at Yale. How do you read anything else from that?

You crack me up seb, I read absolutely nothing from that more so because you said it, anyway I was just making fun of you for posting this-

Whether this had to do with the foundation of the Skull and Bones fraternity at Yale is not a question, but, rather, HOW MUCH influence Freemasonry had on it is.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   

just a little thought.

lets get some top men working on the song 867-5309 to crack the secret code.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I don't have to drink pigs blood for real?
Do they really drink pigs blood? what Kinda people do this and for what resond?

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Hi folks, this is my first proper post on ATS so please bare with me and i hope I don't tread on anyones toes.

Not a Mason here and my gematra may be off but 322 = 'Lamb' in Hebrew (Shin - Beth - Koph = pronounced Kebes)

Isn't the Masons Apron supposed to be Lambskin?

Also the 3-5-7 explanation looks interesting
but that will have to wait.

As for the Skull and Bones symbolising Death, well that is true enough and possibly not a good thing if you fear death. Death can also be viewed as a new beginning, a new adventure. From all death comes new life. It depends entirely on your own personal belief systems regarding God, and the after life as to whether a symbol would be viewed as bad or not.

Look at the Swastika, as far as I know it was a supreme symbol of the generative power until Hitler got his grubby mitts on it. One nutter spoils the whole thing and people start crying about how evil the symbol is. No symbol is evil, only the actions taken by people who re-interpret it and use it for their own purposes.

The Skull and Crossbones is used in initiations to symbolise the death of the old ego and the rebirth of a new, higher level of consiousness - a new beiginning - a better person. (as I understand it)

Of course the Skull and Bones society could well be a bunch of baby eaters but I have yet to see anything that proves things like that. I wait with bated breath...

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookie
Look at the Swastika, as far as I know it was a supreme symbol of the generative power until Hitler got his grubby mitts on it. One nutter spoils the whole thing and people start crying about how evil the symbol is. No symbol is evil, only the actions taken by people who re-interpret it and use it for their own purposes
The difference in the Swastika and Skull and Bones symbols is that one was taken from something admired, and the other seems to come from something despised to the point of persecution. I'm thinking the Swastika came from Hindu. Hindu being a mixture of the Indus Valley people and the Aryan's religious beliefs. I just find it unusual that Nazi's would employ symbols of a hated society. Perhaps they just liked the symbol, but it seems to me there probablly some meaning behind it.

[edit on 11-8-2005 by Cattlest]

[edit on 11-8-2005 by Cattlest]

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   

The difference in the Swastika and Skull and Bones symbols is that one was taken from something admired, and the other seems to come from something despised to the point of persecution.

Good point, maybe I should have picked a better comparison, I just can't think of one at the moment.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   

The difference in the Swastika and Skull and Bones symbols is that one was taken from something admired, and the other seems to come from something despised to the point of persecution.

You're saying that the Skull and Bones symbol has been despised (to the point of persecution, nonetheless)?!? I am not the only person to have admired the skull and bones as a symbol of the knowledge of my own mortality, and as a reminder to live my life to the fullest. In medieval times, Knights templars were buried with Skulls and Crossbones on their graves, I don't think this symbol has ever been DESPISED... although it has signaled danger many times, which I would think would be a good thing.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk
You're saying that the Skull and Bones symbol has been despised (to the point of persecution, nonetheless)?!? I am not the only person to have admired the skull and bones as a symbol of the knowledge of my own mortality, and as a reminder to live my life to the fullest. In medieval times, Knights templars were buried with Skulls and Crossbones on their graves, I don't think this symbol has ever been DESPISED... although it has signaled danger many times, which I would think would be a good thing.

Excuse me, I'm talking about Nazis and Freemasons here. Skull and Bones is only involved because you said it was one of the most prominent symbols used by German Freemasons. So basically I want to know if this was a prominent Freemason symbol and Nazis persecuted Freemasons, why they would use such a symbol.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk

Perhaps they were referring to when pirates used the skull and crossbones on the "Jolly Roger" flags? Come to think of it, what was so "jolly" about it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join