It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

haha 322 on my desktop look

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
Numbers are just coincedences, nothing more..........

Just so people know you didnt doctor that book in photoshop

www.gmwp.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Thanks. Anyone who knows me, knows Im incapable of telling a lie, or fabricating fiction, Im not smart enough

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cattlest
Sorry if my ignorance has clouded my judgement. I don't really have alot of knowledge of either one (I'm interested in other related topics). I assumed since the symbols were to me identical, there must be some relation. Perhaps you can help me sebatwerk (if not, that's cool), what does the Jolly Roger mean in Freemasonry, or Skull and Bones for that matter. I apologize for jumping to conclusions, and appreciate you calling me out, no foolies

Now, I don't know about Skull and Bones at Yale, but I can tell you that the skull and crossbones in Masonry is a symbol of the mortality of Man. It's just a reminder that we are all going to die one day, so we should try to live a good life while we're here.

Makes a lot more sense than what the conspiracy dorks would have you believe, eh?

Ooooooh, you found 'em out...

Methinks you've got too much time on your hands...

[edit on 8/6/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
well atleast this thread hasn't been dumped onto bts thank the sky ghods.

/does a mini tribal dance

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Sorry if my ignorance has clouded my judgement. I don't really have alot of knowledge of either one (I'm interested in other related topics). I assumed since the symbols were to me identical, there must be some relation. Perhaps you can help me sebatwerk (if not, that's cool), what does the Jolly Roger mean in Freemasonry, or Skull and Bones for that matter. I apologize for jumping to conclusions, and appreciate you calling me out, no foolies

The skull and crossbones has a deep and loooong history in Freemasonry. This is one of the symbols that some historians use to connect modern Freemasonry to the Knights Templar. There is also a theory that states that many pirate shis began using this symbol from Freemasonic influence. Supposedly, the symbol originated from Templar origins. The legend of the Skull of Sidon is said to have come out of the trials held against the Templars for heresy. Read this link:

www.templarhistory.com...

In short, like Axeman said, the Skull and Crossbones is a symbol of our mortality. It is especially important in the 3rd Degree of masonry, as the overlying theme of the degree is mortality. You may often see the skull and crossbones with the cyphered letters G and S under it, which stand for "Gnothi Seauton" ("temet nosce" in Latin), which means "know thyself". These are the words that were inscribed at the entrance to the ancient Greek Temple of Apollo at Delphi.

In short, the skull and bones represents an intimate knowledge of the self and the impending destiny of all men, as it is said that a man cannot truly live until he is prepared to die. It's a VERY powerful symbol, and one that truly means a lot to me and many masons.

[edit on 6-8-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk
The skull and crossbones has a deep and loooong history in Freemasonry. This is one of the symbols that some historians use to connect modern Freemasonry to the Knights Templar. There is also a theory that states that many pirate shis began using this symbol from Freemasonic influence. Supposedly, the symbol originated from Templar origins. The legend of the Skull of Sidon is said to have come out of the trials held against the Templars for heresy. Read this link:

www.templarhistory.com...

In short, like Axeman said, the Skull and Crossbones is a symbol of our mortality. It is especially important in the 3rd Degree of masonry, as the overlying theme of the degree is mortality. You may often see the skull and crossbones with the cyphered letters G and S under it, which stand for "Gnothi Seauton" ("temet nosce" in Latin), which means "know thyself". These are the words that were inscribed at the entrance to the ancient Greek Temple of Apollo at Delphi.

In short, the skull and bones represents an intimate knowledge of the self and the impending destiny of all men, as it is said that a man cannot truly live until he is prepared to die. It's a VERY powerful symbol, and one that truly means a lot to me and many masons.

Symbol of Mortality, eh? Big effin deal. Why not just say exactly what it is, a symbol of death. Or poison, take your pick. Why would anyone associate themselves with a skull and crossbones is beyond me. Even if you try to twist the meaning into something good and meaningful, it's still a set of rotten decaying bones. Yeah, a real POWERFUL symbol indeed. You can give us your own little history on what skulls and bones are, but please, go sell crazy somewhere else.

Skull and Crossbones

It is what it is, no matter how you look at it.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well, even if it does have meaning behind what sebatwerk explained, you can agree that is something we all should remember. Thank you for the explanation, sebatwerk. I will always take this into consideration.

Cug

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Lets see the lodge before this one was #321, what do you think they should do, skip #322 because a frat has it in their logo??

Oh wait I happen to have a cookbook open (It's time for dinner) and the first recipe in the Joy of Cooking on page 322 is the evil French Fry!! You all know the French are behind the NWO!

Lets grab another book at random, The Illustrated Guide to North American Wildlife, page 322 has a Witch hazel tree.. OMG Occult references!! EEEKkkkkkkkk!

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Well, even if it does have meaning behind what sebatwerk explained, you can agree that is something we all should remember. Thank you for the explanation, sebatwerk. I will always take this into consideration.

Look, he can spew out all the sweet history behind it, but it still shouldn't matter. Who cares about all that? That's my point. It's a symbol of death and decay. Why be part of that?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia

Look, he can spew out all the sweet history behind it, but it still shouldn't matter. Who cares about all that? That's my point. It's a symbol of death and decay. Why be part of that?

I would think it was a matter of interpretation. Some would see this symbol as a means of murder, others would see it as a symbol of sacrifice.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I would think it was a matter of interpretation. Some would see this symbol as a means of murder, others would see it as a symbol of sacrifice.

That's not an accurate comparison. A symbol of the christian cross could literally have a thousand interpretations. Skull and crossbones on the other hand, has only ONE.

[edit on 6-8-2005 by eudaimonia]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

That's not an accurate comparison. A symbol of the christian cross could literally have a thousand interpretations. Skull and crossbones on the other hand, has only ONE.

I beg to differ, it can mean things other than poison. For example, what does it mean to a biker. I've seen tons of these tats on them.

BTW, could you edit out unnecissary quotes, like I did here.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I beg to differ, it can mean things other than poison. For example, what does it mean to a biker. I've seen tons of these tats on them.

I know about the biker thing. What do you think it means to them? Immortality? Mortality? The Goodness of Nature? Grandma? Please. They want to look tough. What better symbol than a skull and crossbones?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I know about the biker thing. What do you think it means to them? Immortality? Mortality? The Goodness of Nature? Grandma? Please. They want to look tough. What better symbol than a skull and crossbones?

I means "apple pie" of course.

Just kidding, I pointed out that it has more than one meaning. It means different thigs to different people. It means something different to a Phamacist, to a biker, I bolded what you said, to a Bonesman, thus why would that not be the case with Masonry?

BTW, thanks for the editting.

[edit on 6-8-2005 by intrepid]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I means "apple pie" of course.

Just kidding, I pointed out that it has more than one meaning. It means different thigs to different people. It means something different to a Phamacist, to a biker, I bolded what you said, to a Bonesman, thus why would that not be the case with Masonry?

BTW, thanks for the editting.

Yeah, a poisoned pie.

Anyway, what we're talking about here is a universally accepted symbol that reeks negativity. I would assume that any man or woman who is asked to partake in this so called "fraternity" would immediatly bail out once the image of death is displayed. One wouldn't have to think twice to make that choice. Unless, you're somehow brainwashed.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Anyway, what we're talking about here is a universally accepted symbol that reeks negativity. I would assume that any man or woman who is asked to partake in this so called "fraternity" would immediatly bail out once the image of death is displayed. One wouldn't have to think twice to make that choice. Unless, you're somehow brainwashed.

You obviously do not display the qualities necessary to become a Freemason. It's not about associating yourself with a negative symbol. It's about learning about yourself and your life, and accepting that one day you will die. It's not an evil thing, it's a fact of life.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
It should also be noted that the person who founded the Skull and Bones fraternity had, supposedly, gotten the idea by coming in contact with a lodge of Freemasons in Germany, where the skull and crossbones is perhaps one of the most prominent symbols of the Craft there. You can still see it displayed prominently today in their aprons, sashes, rings, and a multitude of other items.

Whether this had to do with the foundation of the Skull and Bones fraternity at Yale is not a question, but, rather, HOW MUCH influence Freemasonry had on it is.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Wow, really?

Why not just say exactly what it is, a symbol of death. Or poison, take your pick.

Hmmm... Self-contradiction, anyone?

Please. Get over yourself...

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman

Wow, really?

Why not just say exactly what it is, a symbol of death. Or poison, take your pick.

Hmmm... Self-contradiction, anyone?

Please. Get over yourself...

How is that Self-contradiction? You make no sense whatsoever. Poison = Death. Same Sh*t.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

It should also be noted that the person who founded the Skull and Bones fraternity had, supposedly, gotten the idea by coming in contact with a lodge of Freemasons in Germany, where the skull and crossbones is perhaps one of the most prominent symbols of the Craft there. You can still see it displayed prominently today in their aprons, sashes, rings, and a multitude of other items.

Whether this had to do with the foundation of the Skull and Bones fraternity at Yale is not a question, but, rather, HOW MUCH influence Freemasonry had on it is.

Yesterday Skull and Bones was a stupid college debate club according to you, today you want to talk about how your beloved freemasonry is involved with it as a conspiracy from the very beginning.

I'll continue your story, now supposedly after this meeting with the freemason lodge of germany the founders of skull and bones proceeded to play poker with the loch ness monster, a mysterious lord of the sith, and a 10 foot tall man wearing all red. Now anybody familiar with the inscription on the temple of poopstain in the land of poopadonia would know the implications of this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join